Sci/Tech New supercar based on a Ferrari that could fly you out of jams - for £500,000

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
article-1082448-0254D9AD000005DC-505_468x286.jpg

It's an idea that's never really taken off, despite featuring in countless books and films.

But the flying car could become a reality in two years, claim its makers.

Called the Autovolantor, it is being marketed as the perfect way for the rich and famous to avoid traffic jams, simply by taking to the skies.

Its creators say it will cost £500,000 and allow drivers to reach speeds of 100mph on the ground and 150mph in the air.

Last edited:

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
Pretty Cool looking. I do not think that the general public would be able to obtain one in two years, but it sure looks good.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
where are you going to take off, and where are you going to land without crashing into tons of regular cars on the road? I'd be a pitty if you'd had to search a grassy field everytime you're taking off and landing. >.>

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
where are you going to take off, and where are you going to land without crashing into tons of regular cars on the road? I'd be a pitty if you'd had to search a grassy field everytime you're taking off and landing. >.>

QFT

We need helicopter-cars that can take off straight up, not airplane-cars that require a runway of some sort.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, creating runway-roads will be the next step forward.
Instead of ports and stuff, we'll have motorways which just go straight into the sea. Then you'd take-off and land there (And keep driving on ground, if need be)

But, at the moment, without things like that.. I agree with you :D

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
The car still can't "fly you out of jams." Besides, where do the wings go if you're in a 9 foot wide lane, stuck in rush hour, and the wings span 20 feet? :p

Hehe, the solution to this would be a helicopter-model. Removing the wings and adding a propellor on top should fix the whole problem.....remove the wheels and you'd have a car-shaped helicopter.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hehe, the solution to this would be a helicopter-model. Removing the wings and adding a propellor on top should fix the whole problem.....remove the wheels and you'd have a car-shaped helicopter.
They probably though of that already, but aero-cars look cooler than heli-cars. :p

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Flying cars? Awesome :D I want one of those :)

Harrier car? :D Even though, you'd probably melt the road surface with that xD

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Oh... state transportation authorities are going to have fun with this thing.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It would cause a lot of accidents. Having trouble landing and taking off... yeah... people crash by just parking already.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It would cause a lot of accidents. Having trouble landing and taking off... yeah... people crash by just parking already.

Yeah parking apparently is really hard. I don't ever move my car because my spot rocks and I don't want to lose it, but like ten people have bumped into it. Only one of them left a note and all it said was sorry.

Is anyone taking into consideration what will happen if you run out of gas while flying?

esb

Reaction score
Parachutes?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is anyone taking into consideration what will happen if you run out of gas while flying?

The same thing as an airplane..?

Why would you take off with less than enough fuel for your trip? If you're dumb enough to do that then you can face the consequences of your stupidity.

esb

Reaction score
The same reason people run out of gas in their cars.

And the people you land ontop of would also face the consequences of the stupidity.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The same reason people run out of gas in their cars.

I think when the consequences of not refilling your tank are death and the destruction of your car then you should be able to make the decision of refilling your car...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.