Technology New Windows 10 update permanently removes Adobe Flash

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Microsoft has released a Windows update that removes Adobe's Flash Player before it reaches end of support on December 31, 2020.

Update KB4577586 is part of Microsoft's effort to follow through with plans it announced along with Adobe, Apple, Facebook, Google, and Mozilla in 2017 to end support for Flash by December 2020.

The Flash-removing update is available for all supported versions of Windows 10 and Windows Server, as well as Windows 8.1.

In September, Microsoft confirmed it was ending support for Adobe Flash Player on its Chromium-based Edge and legacy Edge browsers as well as Internet Explorer 11 at the end of 2020. But the company also detailed future enterprise support options for customers that need to retain Flash for line-of-business applications.

"Microsoft Edge will allow Adobe Flash Player to load as a plug-in via the Internet Explorer mode feature. Inherently, Internet Explorer 11 will also allow this. Once you make the switch from Microsoft provided Adobe Flash Player, it will be treated as any other third-party plug-in and will not receive Customer Support from Microsoft," Microsoft said at the time.

Read more here. (ZDNet)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    what is up buddy
  • jonas jonas:
    thanks for the tip, that sounds cool. Never heard about the VCS before but seems like it should be a good match
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The winter vacation left a toll on me. I missed staying up late and sleeping in late.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    i haven't looked into it yet
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    If I could use something Python compatible it would save me some learning
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    But Unity might be easiest
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    looking at old posts here makes me happy. Makes me be all like "wow I was pretty smart in 2009"
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    mostly failing at life through adulthood really demotivated me for a while
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    ....what I don't get is why the fuck they would force us to permanently convert to a version of the game everyone fucking hated : \
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    Raid Shadow Legends texture pack smh
  • jonas jonas:
    Most people fail at life throughout their adulthood. Sometimes we get to learn from it. Usually it just feels like crap.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What does not kill you makes you stronger is what they say
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    for real! :cool:
  • Varine Varine:
    Are we still on the topic of failing? I failed lots!
  • jonas jonas:
    If you ever want to talk about it we're here. The way I see it, you're still around. That required a few very difficult successes if you ask me:)
  • Varine Varine:
    I posted a thing here a while ago about my failures if it makes you feel better to hear about other people failing. Drugs and whatnot, I had a lot more fun than was healthy. I'm still a failure, but very few of us actually get to be the self made billionaire. Luck is the only thing that will take you as far as already having money a lot of the time, and the easiest way to get catch that is with a very wide net and the willingness to let other things loose.
  • Varine Varine:
    Have fun, do your best, something about Edison's light bulb not working until he stole it.
  • jonas jonas:
    Eh. Don't define success as being a billionaire or even millionaire. Success is about overcoming your personal challenges. And if you can get to a place in life where you can love yourself, that is winning it big time
  • jonas jonas:
    Being a billionaire probably sucks, you can't go out in public like a random person anymore and you always need a bunch of big guys following you around discreetly
  • jonas jonas:
    And you'll never know if anyone you know really likes you or is just seeing you as a big money sack
  • jonas jonas:
    Most of the best fun I've ever head was with a group of friends eating pizza or drinking a good 10$ bottle of wine, when I had maybe 100$ on my account. Or the time when I was so broke, my friends visited me with bags of ingredients and I cooked for us, because I didn't have money to buy ingredients anymore
  • jonas jonas:
    Or walking with my then-fiancee through the night until dawn, just talking
    UGHHH, I truly missed the GameStop frenzy that's happening for the past 2 weeks.
    I see someone invested $53K in $0.20/share, then get a 163000+% return of $43 million.

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome