Newbie's questions

Grav3man

Reaction score
Hi, im a newbie in the WC3 World Editor and i have a few questions about it.
I want to know how to make a map where i dont need a keep or stronghold to start with but to start with a hero and a few units. I tried to make one map but it just didn't work! I needed to set up a starting location for all the players in the map!
Secondly, I wanted to set up the races and colours for every player. It didn't work,too.
Then came those triggers... I cant understand them at all! I wanted the enemy to stay at its base and just build up its base in his location, while i and the others from the "Force" kill the creeps around, but it walked around the whole map!
I don't understand how to make the hero start at a higher level and how to make the creeps drop specified treasures and items!
I know I want too much but I want to learn fast how to make all these things :) If you can tell me anything please do it :)

Edit: I almost forgot: How do I delete things I done long ago in the map? I just cant undo something I placed 20 or 30 minute ago! Is there some king of an eraser os something else?

Draqu

Reaction score
Hi,

Regarding your first question:
Delete the following triggers from map initiation:
Create starting units (for all players)
Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

Then set your starting location, save your map and test it. You'll see the results.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Edit: I almost forgot: How do I delete things I done long ago in the map? I just cant undo something I placed 20 or 30 minute ago! Is there some king of an eraser os something else?
If you don't have any specific object that you're placing, the cursor can select stuff on the map. You can then drag things , remove them via the 'delete' button, or edit aspects of them by hitting 'enter' while the object is selected. There are various means of control; on things that can be turned in whatever direction, holding down control while the object is selected and dragging on the map allows you to change the facing angle of the object directly, using control + page up/page down allows you to change the height of selected doodads, etc.

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
>I want to know how to make a map where i dont need a keep or stronghold to start with but to start with a hero and a few units.

Trigger Editor <-- Delete All the triggers.

>I tried to make one map but it just didn't work! I needed to set up a starting location for all the players in the map!

Go to some unit... footmen for example, then, right click on it and hit 'Select in Toolpanlet', then go down to your buildings and find the icon with blue arrows in a shape of a target, that is starting location. And you need to set one up for all your players, just go to Player 2 (Blue) and set it up there.

>Secondly, I wanted to set up the races and colours for every player. It didn't work,too.

Huh.... try
Scenario <-- Player Properties
Or something...

>Then came those triggers... I cant understand them at all! I wanted the enemy to stay at its base and just build up its base in his location, while i and the others from the "Force" kill the creeps around, but it walked around the whole map!

Huh... sounds like AI
Try this, http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53937&highlight=AI+Editor

>I don't understand how to make the hero start at a higher level

Try this trigger.
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Hero - Set (Attacking unit) Hero-level to 5, Hide level-up graphics

>and how to make the creeps drop specified treasures and items!
First, you got to go to Advance <-- Item Tables
Then, Add a new table, and click add new set, then add your items and add the %
Then go to your creep or whatever, and double click on it and go to 'Items Dropped' Tab
and select the table.

ghostsick113

Reaction score
ok press the space bar double click you hero and change the lvl simple as that!

also if you hit space then click on the unit go up to file and delete

Grav3man

Reaction score
Thnak a lot guys but i hae more questions! :confused:
How can I make the heroes level up beyound 10?
How can I set a custom loadscreen? The option is locked!
That's all for now. But there will definetely be more ;)

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
To make a hero's level greater than 10 you have to change the Gameplay Constants. They're in one of the options in the toolbar at the top of the screen, I forget which one, just open them up till you find 'gameplay constants.'
Click on that and you'll get a window open up, scroll through the options timm you find 'max hero level' or something like it, then check the box 'allow custom values' and you can alter the max hero level to whatever you want.

Grav3man

Reaction score
Thanksa lot, HalosNTariff! :thup:
Here comes tha next question! How can i set a deafult amount of food for the begining of the game without setting farms or castles?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
its an action which looks like this:
Trigger:
  • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Food cap to 100

Grav3man

Reaction score
Hmmm... It didn't work! I made this trigger and it didn't work. I made a few more action triggers but they didn't work, too!

Raveren

Reaction score
Hi. Try something like this:
Trigger:
  • Food Cap Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Food Cap to 100

Welcome into Warcraft map makers :)

Grav3man

Reaction score
Thanks very very much!!! I can't believe I did it this time! :thup:
But that's not all! :D
Now the next questions!
How can I make the creeps give Xp to the heroes after they reach level 5? Is it possible?
Once again, about that loadscreen.. how can I make a Picture from my files a loadscreen?! Why is the option locked?!
And how can i change the player properties? For Exanple I want to make player 1 a Human and his colour gray so he cannot change it. When I enter the game the race is selectable and the colour is red! How do I save these setttings?! :banghead:
That's all for now... again! :D:D

Scary Nachos

Reaction score
>How can I make the creeps give Xp to the heroes after they reach level 5? Is it possible?

Gameplay Constants <-- Hero XP

>Once again, about that loadscreen.. how can I make a Picture from my files a loadscreen?! Why is the option locked?!

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/loadscreen.php

>And how can i change the player properties? For Exanple I want to make player 1 a Human and his colour gray so he cannot change it. When I enter the game the race is selectable and the colour is red! How do I save these setttings?!

Scarenio <-- Player Force Properties

Grav3man

Reaction score
Thanks again, Nachos! :thup: But there ares till osme things Iwant to know. I searched this site http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/but I can't understand and find some things.
How can I place more hostile creeps and player owned units than tha allowed numbers (I think it was 500+ for the hostile creeps and 1100+ for the player oned units)? Is this a game constant option or...?
One more thing. How can I set a custom list of the hero's spells? And how can I edit Spells and Items? Do I need a special editor about this?
And how can I make the game end when you kill a specified enemy unit or when your hero dies??? Are these some sort of Triggers?? If they are, can you show me how I must configure these triggers?

Scary Nachos

Reaction score
>How can I place more hostile creeps and player owned units than tha allowed numbers (I think it was 500+ for the hostile creeps and 1100+ for the player oned units)? Is this a game constant option or...?

I dont know.. maybe you could try getting NewGen and try enable no limits, or dont preplace them, just have them spawn or something with a trigger.

>How can I set a custom list of the hero's spells?
Huh... go to your hero, in the object editor, and at the very top, it says, Abbilities - Heros, and you remove and add abbilities to heros.

>And how can I edit Spells and Items?
Those are in the abbility tab of the object editor.
Use Ctrl + F to search for things.

>Do I need a special editor about this?
Object editor, F6

>And how can I make the game end when you kill a specified enemy unit or when your hero dies???

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Game - Defeat Player 6 (Orange) with the message: Defeat!
      • Game - Defeat Player 7 (Green) with the message: Defeat!
      • Game - Defeat Player 8 (Pink) with the message: Defeat!
      • Game - Defeat Player 9 (Gray) with the message: Defeat!
      • Game - Defeat Player 10 (Light Blue) with the message: Defeat!
      • Game - Display to Human for 100000000.00 seconds the text: Congrats on the Vic...
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 2 (Blue) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 3 (Teal) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 4 (Purple) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 5 (Yellow) (Show dialogs, Show scores)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.