Nightmare RPG RESPAWN

U

Unregistered

I am trying to set up a respawn in that game, and I have I looked around on the site and I noticed that it is all about switches. It is kinda confusing to me so I was just wondering if you guys could help. Once I get it down, it should be easy.

V

victimchild

Well, you really don't have to even look at the other triggers unless there is a trigger that prevents it, which I highly doubt that the person who made the map would take the time to do that.

Really you only need the player # and a respawn point. Do you want them to respawn right where they died, or back at the beginning?

U

Unregistered

ooo... how about respawning right where they died. i know that involves moving locations and etc... but i dont really know how to do it. but you know the map im talking about right?

V

victimchild

Yes I know it. You would have to only have one of each unit you wanted to respawn. To do that you would need:

CONDITION: Always
ACTION: Move location 'unit respawn' to 'unit'
Preserve trigger.

CONDITION: 'player' commands 0 'unit'
ACTION: Create 'unit' at location 'unit respawn' for 'player'
Preserve trigger.

You would need to do this for every unit that you would want to respawn. You would also need to do it for every player since a player can make one of 5 choices. I'm sure that there's a more efficient way of doing this, but this is the way I do it. Again, remember that there can be only one unit type for each location. :D

U

Unregistered

so there are 6 - 7 different starting units, and each of those units has 4 upgrades to it which means 24-28 separate locations for each unit?

U

Unregistered

o yea sry for double posting... against the rules in a lot of forums... but doesnt that perserve trigger create multiple guys?

P

PirateFace

it doesnt work... it keeps saying unit unplaceable.

V

victimchild

After the unit is respawned? Well, if you don't make the preserve trigger you can only respawn once. Did you make the location big enough? Please post the map and I will take a look at it. There must be another trigger interfering.

yes9111

Reaction score
Respawning

Really, it is kind of a waste of locations to create one location and have one each follow one unit. Also, you cannot have more than one of the same unit or it will sort of intersect and switch locations and all that so...

Trigger
- Player # (enemy unit owner) commands at least 1 Zergling (SPECIFIC ENEMY UNIT)

+ Center location labeled "Zergling" on Zergling owned by player # at "Anywhere".
+Preserve Trigger

Trigger
- Player # brings at most 0 zergling to "Zergling"

+ Create 1 zergling for player # at "Zergling"
+Preserve Trigger

Make sure you use hyper triggers or it would have a 2 second lag before the unit respawns. But you would need a copy of this trigger for every unit and a location for each unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.