Gaming Ninja Theory, other triple-A devs reportedly using AI voice acting tech over people

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Self-service checkouts, lights-out manufacturing, self-driving cars, and wars raged by robotic drones – automation is coming for everyone’s jobs eventually, and our capitalist systems aren’t equipped to carry us through it.

As I type this, teams are working on machine-learning AI that can write simple news articles with perfect grammar and without rambling introductions. They can’t be self-deprecating like me – and they certainly can’t interview people – but they sure can put words in order.

No one is safe from the death march of technological advancement. Not even actors.

Altered AI is a company that promises to give game developers the tools to “create compelling, professional voice performances.” It has a library of around 20 professional actors and hundreds of what they call more “common” voices that devs can use to populate their games.

Just submit a recording of what you want to say and how you want it said, and a “performance” comes out on the other side. Or you can input your actors’ performances and change their tone, voice type, and more. There’s even an example on the website where a male actor’s line read is changed to sound feminine, which definitely won’t be abused in horrible ways. No, sir.

“I never believed in human replacement,” Altered AI CEO and former Google employee Ioannis Agiomyrgiannakis tells GLHF, before likening the tech to using a car to go fast or a forklift to carry a heavy load.

Source (News.com AU)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Bound to happen. The development costs is rising each year, and it doesn't seem to be stopping.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.