Ninja_Sheep's question thread.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I need my question thread :( got some questions.

Question Nr. 1: Solved
I try to learn those "Variables", but they are really strange for me. I saw in some maps the trigger | Set "Variablename" to blahblah | where can i find this trigger?! -.- I just dont find it.

Question Nr. 2: Solved
I try to make a Throwhammer (dont know name in english)+ sleep spell. Just for fun. I took this trigger:

Code:
Event:
   If a Unit casts an ability
Condition:
   Avility being cast equal to Throw hammer
Action:
   Unit: Create 1 Dummyunit for player 1 (red) at (Trager point of issus order) facing (facing of casting unit)
   Unit: Order (Last created unit) to undead-dreadlord- 'sleep' (target unit of ability being cast)

Why this doesn't work ?!

Question Nr.3:Solved
Again about variables:
Variables are just "spaces" where i can put in data (for example (last created unit) or 1). Is this right?

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Question N.2
I think you should put a Wait 0.01 seconds between the Create 1 Dummy unit and Issue Order...

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Actually no...does your dummy actually have a spell based of sleep?
Does it have enough mana to cast it?

> Question Nr. 1
General - Set Variable

> Question Nr.3
That's right, sort of.

Master

Thou shall be helped by...The Black Adder!
Reaction score
1:
Look at the tutorial that explains variables. Might help you :)

2:
You actually need to add the ability to the unit before allowing it to cast it.

3:
Yes, you can do that with the action
Code:
Set [COLOR="Red"]Variable[/COLOR].

EDIT: Owned by the moderator. Next time :)

S

scythetleppo

I need my question thread got some questions.

Question Nr. 1:
I try to learn those "Variables", but they are really strange for me. I saw in some maps the trigger | Set "Variablename" to blahblah | where can i find this trigger?! -.- I just dont find it.

it's up near the first ones...it's like the 5th one or so... it's NOT in alphabetical order. it's called Set Variable.

Question Nr. 2:
I try to make a Throwhammer (dont know name in english)+ sleep spell. Just for fun. I took this trigger:

Code:
Event:
If a Unit casts an ability
Condition:
Avility being cast equal to Throw hammer
Action:
Unit: Create 1 Dummyunit for player 1 (red) at (Trager point of issus order) facing (facing of casting unit)
Unit: Order (Last created unit) to undead-dreadlord- 'sleep' (target unit of ability being cast)Why this doesn't work ?!

you are missing this action:
unit - give sleep to (Last created unit)

he has to actually have the ability.

Question Nr.3:
Again about variables:
Variables are just "spaces" where i can put in data (for example (last created unit) or 1). Is this right?

here's a simple example:

make this trigger:

events
every 10 seconds

conditions
(none)

actions
set myVariable = (myVariable) + 1
game - display message (to all players): str(myVariable)

to make this: "set myVariable = (myVariable) + 1"
you must do the action set variable. then click 'edit variables'. make a new variable called myVariable and the type as integer. then you have this:

set myVariable = value

click value and choose arithmetic from the dropdown menu.

then you have

set myVariable = value + 1

then click that value and change it to myVariable

to make this: game - display message (to all players): str(myVariable)

you choose that action then click string and select "convert integer to string", then for the integer you choose myVariable.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Question Nr. 1:
Great thx, problem solved

Question Nr. 2:
It doesn't work :( Set manacosts to 0. Gave ability to dummy unit. (edit: and tried with wait) Nothing works :(
Must i use a special event? like starts castin an effekt or finishes casting an effect?
But I did no really stupid mistake :)

Question Nr. 3:
ok, thx

@Sunny_D: Thx, i will read it :)

S

Sunny_D

uhm... well, im just wondering why you want to create a dummy unit to make unit sleep. actually, you dont need even a single trigger row...

just change the buff of stormhammer spell (add the "Sleep", "Sleep(Pause)" and "Sleep(Stun) - or just copy and paste them from the dreadlord ability) and adjust the visual effects and the effect duration... that would damage the unit and sending him sleep...

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Hmm, Thx Sunny_D

Got a new question:

Question Nr. 4:Solved
Is it possible to let a unit follow an other unit so following unit is Inside the other unit? (Whith locust ability) Following unit must be at the other units position everytime and exactly at this position.

Of cause i have 0 skill with Jass it should be triggerd :)

I thought at something like:

Code:
Event:
   If (Moving unit) gets a command (dont know what to use here)
Condition:
Action: Move at triggering point

Im totally not sure something like that will work, so i ask here.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
If you want the follower to litteraly be sticked to its target then you need a periodic event (0.03-0.1 should be enough).
Anyway what are you trying? It might be easier to use a special effect for this.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
If you want the follower to litteraly be sticked to its target then you need a periodic event (0.03-0.1 should be enough).
Anyway what are you trying? It might be easier to use a special effect for this.

Thx:)
This is useful for some abilities like for a spell that gives the target the illidan firespell to an enemy, so it damages it's own allies. Or for a bomb you can put at the enemy :)

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
(This is no bump!!!!1111)

Question Nr. 5: Solved

Im creating a spell with dummy units, but my spell just dont works >.<

here is it:

Code:
Event:
   Unit- A unit starts canalising a spell
Condition:
Action:
   Unit - create 1 Dummyunit for player 1(red) at (target point of ability being cast) facing (This is no bump!!!111)
   Unit - Order last created unit to Human-paladin - 'revive'

Some other informations:
The dummyunit is summond
The spells are ready for cast (for example: manacosts are 0)
Dummyunit has got the ability
I changed the spell of a heroe one to a unit one and a normal unit spell(I think there's bug)

please help :(

edit: and

Question Nr. 6: Solved

Is it possible to do ROUND areas?

S

Sunny_D

Q5:

Code:
Event:
    Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
Cond: 
    (ability being cast) equal to MySpell
Actions:
    Set TempLoc = Target point of ability being cast
    Unit - Create 1 Dummyunit for (Owner of triggering unit) at TempLoc facing default
    Set TempDummy = Last created unit
    Unit - Add (MyDummySpell) to TempDummy
    Unit - Add a 1 second expiration timer to TempDummy [I](try if 1 second is enough time for dummy to cast the spell)[/I]
    Unit - Order TempDummy to Human-Paladin - revive
    Custom Script:  call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLoc)

should work if the MyDummySpell is actually based on Human-Paladin-revive. (btw, afaik mana doesnt matter for dummyspells)

Q6:

of course: its called (Unit within range of Point) - if you mean rects, then no... ;)

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
ok, solved problem on my own, but now its time for push:

Question Nr. 7: Solved

i got a spell and for this spell i need my unit to be disabeld to get any commands of the player, but it shall be atackable and clickable like a normal unit. I dont know how to do :(

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Add the ward classification to the unit. It will not be able to receive any orders, but it is still clickable.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
oO but then it cant be target of some spells?

edit:

Question Nr. 8 Solved
OK another question: i want to have the nightelve raven look for an other unit. If i take this model it's allways the Druid and the hawk. And the druid is allways chosen :( is it possible to change this?!

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
oO but then it cant be target of some spells?

edit:

Question Nr. 8
OK another question: i want to have the nightelve raven look for an other unit. If i take this model it's allways the Druid and the hawk. And the druid is allways chosen :( is it possible to change this?!

Maybe use the Crow model?

S

Sunny_D

if you want to use the crow form, then you have to write "alternate" in the field "Art - Required Animation Names.

or you use the hawk model and change the Tinting colors to black...

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Thx!

@sunny_D: sry, cant give you rep :(

Question Nr. 9:
I have a trigger with event:

Code:
If unit within range of "blah"

My problem:
For "blah" i want to use a variable, and here's problem: i cant use any of my unit variables :( I just can choose a unit on map... this is really stupid because the unit shall be target of a spell...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.