Nintendo 3DS - Price + Release Date

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Looks like a big improvement over earlier models, chances are I won't get it though. Unless a new Poke'mon game comes out :D

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Looks like a big improvement over earlier models, chances are I won't get it though. Unless a new Poke'mon game comes out :D

Black and White is coming out 6th of march, but no need to buy the 3DS for it. Maybe a remake of ruby/saphire will have a need for 3DS but i doubt it, so most likely the 6th gen of Pkmn will require it. Unless you play many other games, i expect you can hold out for at least 6 months to a year without the need to buy it x)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm waiting exclusively for The Pokemon Company to come up with something new. For all we know, Nintendo had given The Pokemon Company "special priority" during the development of Nintendo 3DS. Titles of such, Professor Layton, Kirby, and another Mario Bros. may also attract me.

What's everyone's opinions on the announced price tag for Nintendo 3DS? Do you think this fits nicely for an 8th generation handheld game console platform?

Reaction score
The price is out of this world... I've always thought of handhelds as cheaper consoles. I almost needed to double-check that Nintendo 3DS is not a SONY product.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
The price is out of this world... I've always thought of handhelds as cheaper consoles. I almost needed to double-check that Nintendo 3DS is not a SONY product.

Take into consideration that Nintendo is known for putting out the cheaper (price) product. I would assume that if Sony had made a PSP that had both touch screen and a 3D display, that doesn't require glasses, then they would price it roughly in the $400+ range. Considering the technology at this time I would say $250 is rather inexpensive.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
They didn't announce a price for Europe.

Your first link states;

Additional prices are £229.99 in the UK and €249.99 in the rest of Europe.

Take into consideration that Nintendo is known for putting out the cheaper (price) product. I would assume that if Sony had made a PSP that had both touch screen and a 3D display, that doesn't require glasses, then they would price it roughly in the $400+ range. Considering the technology at this time I would say $250 is rather inexpensive.

Gotta admit, Barty's right. No glasses for 3D? Touch screen? Think of how much prices for phones went up when they first started having full touch screen phones. They were much more expensive than regular key phones. Same thing here. Plus the no-3D glasses thing has gotta be expensive technology to manufacture.

I definitely won't be getting one for awhile, if ever, but I do believe this is a fairly well-priced product, for what it's offering.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
That 3D screen thing is cool and all (should be the same screen as the Fujifilm W3), but that screen will get you seasick in about half a lunch break.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tried this out today. The 3D effect is amazing - far better than I had expected.
I thought the 3DS had no chance against the NGP. I think they're just about even now.

Reaction score
You can't really say anything about 3DS until you try it. I'm jealous to you, Romek..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.