Nintendo, arent they great?

Demi666

Reaction score
Awesome.. Trace and Stylux Rocked :p
Both equally ^^
I wish trace reappeared too.
However, wasn't MP3 the last one?

In the commercial it says " One Last Mission " but they couldn't leave us with a major cliffhanger like that. So its probably not the last one.

Metroid Prime 4 would be awesome though :)
And besides, Dark Samus wasn't defeated in mp3, so that kinda means it cant end there :)

Btw, has anyone here finished that half destroyed ship in mp3, where you have to get those power devices to power up the doors and elevators, I never finished that for some reason:S so if someone finished it, please tell me what the big deal about that ship was.

My personal favorite in the Metroid Prime family is Metroid Prime 2 Echoes.
Really good game.

Also, does anyone think the Zelda games will end? I mean there have been a lot of them. I mean i wouldn't get tired of Zelda, i just re-bought Wind Waker today, and when I hear Nintendo i automaticly think of Zelda & Mario^^ And besides the story Zelda has never ends :). But what does everyone else think?

Not to change to subject to much, but a Pikmin for Wii would be awesome:cool:

Anyways can i get some discussion here or what? I thought there were more Nintendo lovers then Me & Anman & Uberplayer & Romek here :O
Be gone you Nintendo haters! ( refers to Oninuva! )

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just found out that Animal Crossing is being made for the Wii! Awesome! (Am I really late?)

I haven't finished Mp3, so I can't help you there :p

And.. Zelda seems to be getting loads of games that fit in between the other games. The order is weird. But.. The games rule anyway.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The only thing that I liked about nintendo was their old consoles like NES, SNES, N64 the games where actually fun to play with 4 players or 2 players, and the games where actually long to beat. Now a days the games are more for kids and simpler to beat. I remember when it took me months to beat Zelda Link to the past and Ocarina of Time, it took me 1 week to beat Phatom Hourglass. Super Mario, Super Mario RPG and Super Mario 64 took me months to beat, The New Super Mario Bros DS one took me less than a week. Maybe it could be from age experience, I wasn't the best mario player when it came to super mario bros 3, since i didn't get a chance to beat that game when I was a kid.

Overall I still like Nintendo today since they put my pastime in there Classic Games in the Wii. :)

Demi666

Reaction score
The only thing that I liked about nintendo was their old consoles like NES, SNES, N64 the games where actually fun to play with 4 players or 2 players, and the games where actually long to beat. Now a days the games are more for kids and simpler to beat. I remember when it took me months to beat Zelda Link to the past and Ocarina of Time, it took me 1 week to beat Phatom Hourglass. Super Mario, Super Mario RPG and Super Mario 64 took me months to beat, The New Super Mario Bros DS one took me less than a week. Maybe it could be from age experience, I wasn't the best mario player when it came to super mario bros 3, since i didn't get a chance to beat that game when I was a kid.

Overall I still like Nintendo today since they put my pastime in there Classic Games in the Wii. :)

I couldn't agree more actually. Today's games seems to be focusing at the younger groups -- Since most of today's game are really easy & short which is kinda a disappointment.

The only thing that's gotten better in time is indeed the graphics, but it seems they focus most there time/money/effort into the graphic & leaving the challenge/gameplay/story progress a bit behind.

If you compare older gamers, like Zelda; Ocarina Of Time to Any Zelda made after Majora's Mask (which was really hard getting all the masks) you clearly see all the games get easyier(typo?) in time.

Clearly that's cause more of the younger generation wants a tv game and they can't make the tv games to hard for them so instead they make it to easy for us ^^

But like, scroll back to the first games. Some of them were impossible!

Anyways I think they should focus less at the graphic and more at storyline & gameplay & challenge since the graphic is fine as it is^^

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more actually. Today's games seems to be focusing at the younger groups -- Since most of today's game are really easy & short which is kinda a disappointment.

The only thing that's gotten better in time is indeed the graphics, but it seems they focus most there time/money/effort into the graphic & leaving the challenge/gameplay/story progress a bit behind.

If you compare older gamers, like Zelda; Ocarina Of Time to Any Zelda made after Majora's Mask (which was really hard getting all the masks) you clearly see all the games get easyier(typo?) in time.

Clearly that's cause more of the younger generation wants a tv game and they can't make the tv games to hard for them so instead they make it to easy for us ^^

But like, scroll back to the first games. Some of them were impossible!

Anyways I think they should focus less at the graphic and more at storyline & gameplay & challenge since the graphic is fine as it is^^

I agree with most of that.
If I had to choose between Gameplay and Graphics, I'd pick Gameplay with no question. Essentially, this is what the Battle of the Consoles is :p
Ps3 is all Graphics, Wii is All Gameplay. 360 is stuck in the middle :)

I guess that's why I like nintendo really.

And.. Now for the little children. "OMDZ I CANT JUMP DA PIT" -- "Lets remove the pit and the level 1 creature". Thats just annoying. Although I was thinking: Maybe it's just that we've gotten experience with gaming since we were small? So the game's aren't getting easier, we're just getting better... I'm not sure about this :p

Also, As far as I remember, Twilight Princess was an awesome game. Graphics were good, but as was the gameplay. And it was long! :D

Impossible games aren't good btw :p

Reaction score
They will not end the Zelda series (it's their key franchise), but the Zeldas are getting a new 'direction'.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Speaking of Nintendo, anyone care to recommend some good Wii games? I like adventure games, and platform the most. I haven't really been keeping up with the new Wii games that have come out lately.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
> Xbox > PS3 > Nintendo
That's so complete bullshit. Why? First of all, Xbox and PS3 are consoles, while Nintendo is a company. Secondly, when looking at the sales numbers.. it goes somewhat like this Wii > Xbox > PS3. Am I correct? Yes? Good.

> Nintendo is selling a console with out-of-date hardware for $100 dollars.
Nope. Bullshit. Works just fine.

> Most of their games suck besides maybe the ones that are developed by Nintendo itself.
Now you're saying "Most of Nintendo's games suck besides maybe the ones that are developed by Nintendo itself". So.. does Nintendo develop other games than their own? I don't think so. Blame the other companies for bad games, not Nintendo, please.

> All other game companies who make Nintendo games release games that are bad.
All? You must be joking. Do you say GH3, RE4, MP3 and Okami (was made for Playstation 2 first by the way) suck? Not when looking at all the reviews.

> Examples include EA Games.
Makes games for every console and computers..

Don't say anything at all, when you have no idea what you're talking about.

I wrote reviews of Zelda's when I was working for landofthelegend.net. The site went down and now I have no idea if I can ever get the reviews back.

Nintendo rules the world :thup:!

>That's so complete bullshit. Why? First of all, Xbox and PS3 are consoles, while Nintendo is a company. Secondly, when looking at the sales numbers.. it goes somewhat like this Wii > Xbox > PS3. Am I correct? Yes? Good.

Sales number does not mean how many active players.. sales revenues..

>Nope. Bullshit. Works just fine.

Look at the graphics.. Controls.. They make games on Wii that are better played with Gamecube controllers than the Wii controllers.

Reaction score
> Sales number does not mean how many active players.. sales revenues..

Same with the other consoles.

> Look at the graphics.. Controls.. They make games on Wii that are better played with Gamecube controllers than the Wii controllers.

Graphics are awesome, beautiful, fantastic, but not realistic. That's how it's meant to be. You've completely misunderstood 'good graphics, because it's not the same as 'photorealistic graphics'.

There's nothing wrong with the controls. I'd like to see how you play Super Mario Galaxy with GCNs Wavebird lol. And nothing can beat the controls of MP3.

Demi666

Reaction score
> Sales number does not mean how many active players.. sales revenues..

Same with the other consoles.

> Look at the graphics.. Controls.. They make games on Wii that are better played with Gamecube controllers than the Wii controllers.

Graphics are awesome, beautiful, fantastic, but not realistic. That's how it's meant to be. You've completely misunderstood 'good graphics, because it's not the same as 'photorealistic graphics'.

There's nothing wrong with the controls. I'd like to see how you play Super Mario Galaxy with GCNs Wavebird lol. And nothing can beat the controls of MP3.

Agreed, I couldn't imagen playing mp3 with gc controls lol :D
Wii & Nintendo in general does not focus on the same type of graphics as well.. Halo and those kind of games, most games have a "magical" graphic and not photorealistic as uber said

But let's not move away from the subject now, we aren't here to talk thrash about Nintendo (oninuva..) This is a thread where Nintendo fans may discuss upcomming games or old games or present games, if you got nothing else to say then that Wii is a bad console, please don't post here oninuva

Anyways did any of you read my thread about the new Zelda game?

- No big surprise. At E3 2008, Nintendo confirmed (very vaguely) that the Mario and Zelda teams had reassembled, but offered no further details. But when we sat down with Shigeru Miyamoto this week, he elaborated on situation, absolutely confirmed that a new Wii Zelda is underway, and suggested that it will see some fundamental changes.

"The Zelda team in particular always works on Zelda titles. The core members of the Zelda team have for a very long time now been focused on Zelda games, and continue to focus on Zelda games, so they are hard at work and working away," Miyamoto said. "And then, of course, we have the DS Zelda team as well, so even there we're having some switching of people in and out where the DS team is mixing in with the Wii team and working on the Wii version."

At GDC 2007, Eiji Aonuma gave a presentation on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. At that time, he showed a brief snippet of an experimentation the Zelda team conducted -- it was Twilight Princess running in the first-person view. We asked Miyamoto if such a fundamental change could await players of Wii's next Zelda adventure.

"I don't necessarily think it will change that drastically, but I think that Zelda is a franchise that does need some big new unique ideas," he said. "And so the team right now is very focused on trying to find those ideas."

>absolutely confirmed that a new Wii Zelda is underway, and suggested that it will see some fundamental changes.

I wonder what changes they are talking about, I like Zelda as it is.
But maybe they are talking about changes in the way that Wind Waker was, Like instead of walking on land or riding with Epona, mb you have a boat^^? or a big bird to fly on o,O :D

DISCUSS!

Demi666

Reaction score
I believe they're going to change the story in some way. So I heard.

They changed the story in Majora's Mask, to the worse imo
The Zelda games are suppose to be Link saving Zelda from Ganondorf, thats how it always been. The thing that makes Zelda to be such a great game is how they made all the legends & story imo. The terrain looks magical, something you would never see in real life.

I mean, changing the story.. that happens in every Zelda game? I mean in Zelda Twilight Princess you have to go to an alternative dimension called the Twilight Realm to defeat bad guys, In wind waker you sail the seas above the sunken land of Hyrule.

In Ocarina of time you travel back and forth in time to gather all the sages to defeat Ganondorf.

So when you say change the story in some way, are you referring to the whole concept " Link,Zelda,Ganondorf,Triforce " ? or just changing the story like they did in every other Zelda game?

Reaction score
To the whole concept. Because with their current concept, it's not very easy to have new unique ideas.

But who knows. I like Zelda how it is.

Demi666

Reaction score
To the whole concept. Because with their current concept, it's not very easy to have new unique ideas.

But who knows. I like Zelda how it is.

Yea me to, I mean the concept is what makes The Legend Of Zelda to.. well The Legend Of Zelda :p It wouldn't be right to change that concept, I think that will be a big mistake.

Or of course it could take Zelda to a whole new level, that we wont find out until its to late xd

>it's not very easy to have new unique ideas.

They have successfully inplented(typo please correct me) new ideas so far to the Zelda games while keeping the original concept.

Demi666

Reaction score
Ah anyone remember game and watch?

Lol talk about changing the subject
I never played that game, I only know him from SSBB

Btw Anman, what do you think about this?:

Yea me to, I mean the concept is what makes The Legend Of Zelda to.. well The Legend Of Zelda :p It wouldn't be right to change that concept, I think that will be a big mistake.

Or of course it could take Zelda to a whole new level, that we wont find out until its to late xd

They have successfully inplented(typo please correct me) new ideas so far to the Zelda games while keeping the original concept.

duyen

Reaction score

I think you spelled implanted wrong :p

I think what they mean is that they're gonna add guns.

I mean, each and every game takes place around 100 years later than the last one, so wouldn't it make since that guns will be in this one? In Twilight Princess there was a cannon, so it's just leading up to it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.