No flying over trees?

Mmage

Reaction score
Is there a way to stop aerial units from flying over trees? I have tried pathing blockers, but you cannot put them in trees, and boundrys color the trees black.

killbuzz

Reaction score
You can always put pathing blockers (air) all around your trees, unless you have trails or something the air units are ment to follow... There is probably a way with triggers, (what im thinking of is using a terrain type condition, and if the unit goes over it then he will be moved somewhere)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
cant you just set the "targeted as" to air, change the movement to foot, and make the unit height higher?

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
>cant you just set the "targeted as" to air, change the movement to foot, and make the unit height higher?

That'd work, unless he wants the units to be able to go over deep water, units, and buildings, just not trees.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
hover wouldnt work cuz wisps are hover and they cant go over water. give ability ghost (visible) to go past units and buildings, and make it amphibious? thatd be my guess

Mmage

Reaction score
There is a part in my map with a forest base (walls = trees) so I want the air units (Heros) to have to follow the paths, not just be able to fly over everything, and I do want the air units to be able to fly over deep water. Is the ghost+amphibious the only way to change it, or can you do something to the trees to make them unpathable to air?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
pathing blockers might work but i they never worked for me for some reason (my units went past them like nothing) so you could try pathing blockers (air) if not try the amphib thing.

Mmage

Reaction score
Pathing blockers dont stack with trees, would changing the trees pathing to the pathing of a pathing blocker (both)?

Mmage

Reaction score
So they do. I dont really like the idea of going over my base with the things though, it would be much better if the trees themselves could block air pathing.

foodflare

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                            Conditions
[COLOR="Red"]                                (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
                                (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Ashenvale Tree Wall[/COLOR]
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Picked destructible))
                        Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Both) (Large) at Temp_Point facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
                    Else - Actions

this worked for me. You could try it adding the types of trees you used in the map using what is in red.(add more of those lines with your trees and change those as well) And dont forget to add a condition that the thing is alive. And have another trigger that removes it if the tree ever could die.

This if it dies
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Destructible - A destructible within (Playable map area) dies
    Conditions
            Conditions
                (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
                (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Ashenvale Tree Wall
    Actions
        Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Dying destructible))
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Destructible - Pick every destructible within 60.00 of Temp_Point and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                            Conditions
[COLOR="Red"]                                (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
                                (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Ashenvale Tree Wall[/COLOR]
                    Then - Actions
                    Else - Actions
                        Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)

and make sure to put another where it is if u revive it or you could just kill the blocker then revive it at same time as reviving tree

Mmage

Reaction score
thanks, the pathing blocker worked, although I had to change it to the (Large) variation, but thats fine, I dont have to manually put blockers everywhere.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.