No text in main menu or serverlist HELP!!!

M

Matthias

Hi!
I got a problem, which is starting to irritate me much. When I start up BF1942 and enter the main menu there are no text in the boxes in the menu but if I move my mouse over to one of the boxes the text appears. But the thing that realy is anoying is that the text is missing in the server list so I have no chance of knowing which server i'm logging into.
I served the net for weeks now but nobody seems to have the same problem. The thing is that when I bought the game it worked perfectly. I think it might happend when I installed XP or a new driver for my Video card but I honestly can't remember.
The game works fine in the game.
Please help me.

My computer is:
AMD ATHLON(TM) PROCESSOR
1 Ghz 256 mb ram
Nvidia geforce fx 5200

I know my hardware isn't the greatest but I know it worked before so please no comments of things I already know:)

P.S. I tried the trick with changing 1 to 0 in the videodefault.con file under renderer.allowAllRefreshRates so that's not the problem. PLEASE HELP

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
make sure u got the last patch and new vidcard drivers and newest version of direct X

M

Matthias

I already tried all that stuff. I even tried with different old drivers for my video card but nothing helps.

M

Matthias

Hi..

Sorry about the late answer. I'm using VIA Technologies inc VT8363/5 KT133/KM133 System controller. Whatever that meens...

M

Matthias

Hi... I upgraded the chipset drivers but it didn't realy help but I finally solved the problem. It turned out that the new Nvidia drivers screw up the battlefield menu so I had to go all the way back to a 56.xx driver. Pretty lame by Nvidia or EA. Some one should have made a fix for that.

Thanx anyway.
Great forum.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
vidcard driver hmmmm

weird ...

okay made a mental note of that :)

thanks !

U

Unregiste

Hi Where can I get this driver

Hi, I am having the same problem, where can I get that driver

F

Fingers

Same here.

Like wise here. It has all worked before, but when i downloaded the latest graphics driver it screwed it up.

I have a Nvidia Geforce Fx 5200 - I know its not amazing but it has worked before. If u can give me a link it would be greatly appriciated

A

Asmodean

Same problem, thanks for the fix. Who would have though..older drivers...

S

Stads

Another with the same problem

I will try that fix tonight and let you know if it works.

Thanks,
Stads
:D

F

Freestyler

Old version is the only solution it seems

U can get the older versions on www.nvidia.com
Use the menu to select card, type, os and then look at Archive option below in screen.
The 56.xx is the best to use and it realy seems to be the only solution :/
I tried about everything else that makes sence and none worked...
OS Windows 98SE
NVidia MX 440

M

MrDarin

Thanks

Thanks for your research. It saved me a lot of time.

D

Decapatater

didnt work

Matthias said:
Hi... I upgraded the chipset drivers but it didn't realy help but I finally solved the problem. It turned out that the new Nvidia drivers screw up the battlefield menu so I had to go all the way back to a 56.xx driver. Pretty lame by Nvidia or EA. Some one should have made a fix for that.

Thanx anyway.
Great forum.

I just tried installing that driver and its still not working... is there any other way?

-Lol, im serprised i remember my old log in

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.