No Text

D

Decapatater

I have read many forums on this problem and they all said change your driver and I tried all the ones that worked for them, one made my game not even start. With the most latest one it works but there is no text.

What I meen by no text is that when I open the game there is no text on the buttons in the dialogs and I can't see the names of the servers. I tried lots of things and reinstalled it twice, my brothers works fine and he has the most up to date driver so I don't get it. PLEASE HELP!

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
This is a very odd problem.

The only thing I can suggest is to uninstall every BF1942 file you have and then reinstall. You can store your campaign data in a safe place, but the no text thing is most likely due to a corrupt install.

D

Decapatater

How do I turn large fonts off?

and

XXXconanXXX said:
This is a very odd problem.

The only thing I can suggest is to uninstall every BF1942 file you have and then reinstall. You can store your campaign data in a safe place, but the no text thing is most likely due to a corrupt install.

Well I did reinstall it twice and I also tried my brothers CD...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I had this prob too. Whats your system specs, because on my moms computer ( barly could run it ) it did this, and on this computer it works fine, because it is capabile of running it. So it might be your system, but post the specs first :D

D

Decapatater

ummm... I have never had to post my specs so i dont know how, also I had BF1942 installed befor (a LONG time ago) and it worked fine!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Decapatater said:
ummm... I have never had to post my specs so i dont know how, also I had BF1942 installed befor (a LONG time ago) and it worked fine!

AH, i cant help you there then, sorry :(

D

Decapatater

ummm I dont know what exactly u need and it wont let me upload the html file...

Here ill just do this....

Code:
Operating System   System Model 
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)   No details available 
Processor a   Main Circuit Board b 
950 megahertz AMD Athlon
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache   Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. REV 1.xx
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS A7V ACPI BIOS Revision 1011 04/23/2002 
Drives   Memory Modules c,d 
30.72 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
4.42 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
HP DVD Writer 630c [CD-ROM drive]
MATSHITA DVD-ROM SR-8586 [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

HP photosmart 7600 USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
Maxtor 33073H3 [Hard drive] (30.74 GB) -- drive 0, s/n L3H6LXXC, rev YAH814Y0, SMART Status: Healthy   384 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM 1' has 256 MB
Slot 'DIMM 2' has 128 MB
Slot 'DIMM 3' is Empty 
  Local Drive Volumes 

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 30.72 GB 4.42 GB free 

Network Drives 
  None detected

D

Decapatater

SD_Ryoko said:
Do you have your windows fonts non standard? Or 'large fonts' on?

Cuz command and conquer did the exact SAME THING when I had large fonts on.

I found it, it was in display options and yeah they were set to normal, there was normal, large or extra large.

Here is a cleaner version of my specs:

Code:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

System Model: No details available

Processor: 950 megahertz AMD Athlon 128 kilobyte primary memory cache 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board: Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. REV 1.xx Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS A7V ACPI BIOS Revision 1011 04/23/2002

Drives: 30.72 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
4.42 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
HP DVD Writer 630c [CD-ROM drive]
MATSHITA DVD-ROM SR-8586 [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

HP photosmart 7600 USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
Maxtor 33073H3 [Hard drive] (30.74 GB) -- drive 0, s/n L3H6LXXC, rev YAH814Y0, SMART Status: Healthy

Memory Modules: 384 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM 1' has 256 MB
Slot 'DIMM 2' has 128 MB
Slot 'DIMM 3' is Empty

Local Drive Volumes: c: (NTFS on drive 0) 30.72 GB 4.42 GB free

Network Drives: None detected

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Sorry, I honestly have no idea what's going on. I'll search around and if I can't find a solution, I'll notify you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.