World Noah's Ark Found in... Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
The remains of Noah's Ark have been discovered 13,000ft up a Turkish mountain, it has been claimed.

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say they have found wooden remains on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey.

They claim carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old — around the same time the ark was said to be afloat.

Last edited by a moderator:

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT
Thats probably an ark that was buried in there to commemorate a fallen sailor who loved that boat. May he or she rest in peace

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Counter article GO:

Wood wouldn't last that long, even underground. It would've been all mushy and rotten at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Thats probably an ark that was buried in there to commemorate a fallen sailor who loved that boat. May he or she rest in peace

May he who has not sinned cast the first stone:thdown:

You do realize that the ark was probably not as huge as the bible makes you believe, right?

The two of each animal paragraph makes you believe that they had two of each animal on earth, but it is more believable that it was two of each animal that Noah new about^^

And that brings me back to the point, this might perhaps be the ark, but they will most certainly be disappointed by it's lacking size;)

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I stopped reading after "evangelical explorers".

How did I miss that? Lol. That makes even more unlikely. If I painted my cup gold, do you think that they'd believe it to be the holy grail?

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i lol'ed when i read this part...
They claim carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old — around the same time the ark was said to be afloat.
if these guys are creationists, i dont think they are allowed to use carbon dating as evidence =P

this was a pretty funny comment from the counter article
To be absolutely sure, they should test the structure for remains of dinosaur poop. If they don't find any, then it's DEFINITELY the ark because we all know that the dinosaurs died when Noah didn't let them aboard and they all got buried in the mud. Same for the unicorns, gee, I don't know why we haven't found any of them, hmmm...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Pressurized wood up there... lasts long time... even if it rots, can stil be there.
People have been searching around there for the ark for a long time, the place around is even called Noah's Ark National Park in Turkey.
So... at least keep your mind open. Else you can just easily say no to anything else in a debate, ha.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
When "religious artifacts" are found by those whom are religious, I call bullshit.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
When "religious artifacts" are found by those whom are religious, I call bullshit.

Well, who else is going to find them?

"Yeah, Noah's Ark doesn't exist. Let's go look for it!"

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to find it, if only due to it's historical value.

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
Well.

The Wasa ship of Sweden was in the bottom of the ocean for 360 years and was almost intact when they pulled her up. She was made of wood.

Razalgrim

Reaction score
Funny how people get personally offended by these kinds of articles.

If a bunch of scientists announce that they found a way to make a goat grow a functional e-peen on its forehead, you'd all probably take it to consideration, as opposed to screaming out

without any explanation as to why you think it's... that.

Don't jump for cover every time something you don't agree with comes your way. Take a moment to read or listen before you try to shoot it down.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Who cares? It's just an object.
The most insightful comment so far. :thup:
I dare say this isn't even vaguely controversial, true or not.
Counter article
Counter Article said:
Cornell archaeologist Peter Ian Kuniholm, who has focused on Turkey for decades, was even more direct - saying that the reported find is a "crock."
Gee, even less evidence in this article for its conclusions than the original one. :rolleyes:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Well.

The Wasa ship of Sweden was in the bottom of the ocean for 360 years and was almost intact when they pulled her up. She was made of wood.

If I recall correcly wasa was preserved by either the concealer it had on or the cold. This ship was probably preserved by the cold^^

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Gee, even less evidence in this article for its conclusions than the original one. :rolleyes:

The article simply points out that you should be wary of the group's findings since it was quickly claimed by the religious group. Your quote was simply from a legit archaeologist. Did anyone in The Sun article have any decent credentials?

Speaking of The Sun, why would you post articles from there? They are more like a tabloid more than a valid source ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.