Non existant, New Idea! :D

Icy

Reaction score
The flow of my game:

Once map loaded, dialog box for hero selection.
Once selected hero, hero is spawn in a mini base with shop etc...
When all player are ready, just go into a portal in the the town.
Once every single player enter the portal, the battle start (all player move to battle ground) and creep start spawing every a few seconds with max cap limit.

Battle Start:
First boss is frozen throne, just a statue ( for training purpose as u gain exp per hit/spell )

Once the boss is dead, the main part start...
Lich king is spawn with skill related to WOW.
Kill the lich king and game end... but lich king is not easy to kill without teamwork...

For lich king spell refer to Lich King.pdf

Attachments

• Lich King.pdf
    200.3 KB · Views: 275

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
How about this idea:

Castle Thieves

You and the players are archers who have to defend the castle from thieves coming from the forest (Sherwood?). You stand on the walls and shoot arrows at the thieves. If the thieves reach the castle, they grab some treasure and try to get back to the forest. If you kill them, the treasure will be dropped at the point they died and then another thief can pick it up.

You'll have to make an arrow system for this map, like Archer Wars Legacy. Then you just have to make so you can upgrade your archers etc.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How about this idea:

Castle Thieves

You and the players are archers who have to defend the castle from thieves coming from the forest (Sherwood?). You stand on the walls and shoot arrows at the thieves. If the thieves reach the castle, they grab some treasure and try to get back to the forest. If you kill them, the treasure will be dropped at the point they died and then another thief can pick it up.

You'll have to make an arrow system for this map, like Archer Wars Legacy. Then you just have to make so you can upgrade your archers etc.

Why not make the thieves another player-controlled team? :)

Anyways, I had this small project some years ago when I was quite new to editing, called

Hero Hands
The name of the map had nothing to do with it, and I don't need to reveal all of the map's features, but the main idea is that you pick a race which have a specific hero and a worker with specific towers.

Then there is two lines; in one line, you and your allies have your heroes, and in the other line you have your workers. And the opposite team have the other way around.

Now, the objective is to kill the main building at the end of the line, before your enemies kill your main building in the other line. Tower defence against their heroes. You have an area where you can teleport with shops+fountain.

In order to balance this map, the towers must give bounty and have high damage & low hp. So that the heroes can rush forward, kill a couple of towers but not kill all of them. Until late-game, when experience and items have catched up with the power of the towers (even the expensive ones)

I had a lot of more features, but that's the main idea. Not revolutionary, perhaps, but quite original :eek:

drak_dragon

Reaction score
Super Button Boss Battle Blast! (Beta)

all players must spam the B key on their keyboard faster than other people to get points. when a player reaches 1000 points, he's given a Smiley Token which he can use to make the weather change to rain. When its raining everyone feels sad. last person to quit the game wins.

Gatreh

Reaction score
This is intruiging.. imagine you put all the tools that is in world editor..
As if you can customize and create triggers that adds to the map in-game, Would help alot for starting out testing. And doing this online would maybe start a blank map with all the tools?
if it would work we might have a new genre for yah..
It would be.. ehm
All genres in one tbh :eek:
So it would create the new genre [Everything] XD
the players would get a way to make triggers and share ideas online aswell :eek:
(the creating triggers while in-game could maybe be done in jass? not very good at coding that :p playing around with triggers atm and my loading screen won't load..)

Saintbob

Reaction score
This is intruiging.. imagine you put all the tools that is in world editor..
As if you can customize and create triggers that adds to the map in-game, Would help alot for starting out testing. And doing this online would maybe start a blank map with all the tools?
if it would work we might have a new genre for yah..
It would be.. ehm
All genres in one tbh :eek:
So it would create the new genre [Everything] XD
the players would get a way to make triggers and share ideas online aswell :eek:
(the creating triggers while in-game could maybe be done in jass? not very good at coding that :p playing around with triggers atm and my loading screen won't load..)

I love the idea of this, not sure how one would go about creating it though, but silly as it sounds this is exactly the reason i made the thread. some really great idea's for new genres. love it :D

mapguy

Reaction score
check out this stupid map:

this is just a scrap, but you can edit it and improve the game.

Attachments

• Spirits of nature.w3x
    102.9 KB · Views: 205

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
meh.. it's ok.

There is by technicality an infinite number of things people have not designed. Think of like this.

Each letter represents a little bit of a specific genre.

say there's 3 genres in the world (when obviously there's more, just a demonstration)

a - RPG (Role Playing Game)
b - RTS (Real Time Strategy)
c - TD (Tower Defense)

Take those genres, and just think, the letters just show a little part of what genre it contains, and if it's a lone letter, let it be the entire game is that genre.

a
b
c
ab
ac
bc
abc

Not very much? Non-existant things are easy to make. Non-existant things that are very much playable have already been made.

Saintbob

Reaction score
meh.. it's ok.

There is by technicality an infinite number of things people have not designed. Think of like this.

Each letter represents a little bit of a specific genre.

say there's 3 genres in the world (when obviously there's more, just a demonstration)

a - RPG (Role Playing Game)
b - RTS (Real Time Strategy)
c - TD (Tower Defense)

Take those genres, and just think, the letters just show a little part of what genre it contains, and if it's a lone letter, let it be the entire game is that genre.

a
b
c
ab
ac
bc
abc

Not very much? Non-existant things are easy to make. Non-existant things that are very much playable have already been made.

Not very much? Non-existant things are easy to make. Non-existant things that are very much playable have already been made

This is exactly why i wanted to create the Thread, to just see if anyone could think of a genre that has not already been thought of, and that can actually be a really good playable genre.
I cant think for 1 minute that Every Playable Genre has been thought of yet, there's got to be something that hasnt been thought of yet

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
There will always be someone that compares it to something else, or classifies it. Someone yelling "This is like DotA, but worse" or "Reminds me of X TD". It's a nice thought, but creating a new genre is one thing, making it worthwhile and a good map, that's a whole lot of work.

Good luck guys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.