US News Northeastern Colorado Is Getting Ready to Secede

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score

In his last speech to the United States Senate, future short-lived President of the Confederate States of America Jefferson Davis, D-Miss., held up the honor of secession. "This is done, not in hostility to others; not to injure any section of the country, not even for our own pecuniary benefit," Davis declared in January 1861, "but from the high and solemn motive of defending and protecting the rights we inherited, and which it is our duty to transmit unshorn to our children."

Nearly a dozen counties in northeastern Colorado are now ready to take on that high and solemn motive.

On Monday, the city commissioners of Colorado's Weld and Phillips counties voted to approve a ballot measure asking voters if they want to secede from Colorado and create a 51st state. The idea to split from Colorado, which began to take root at a June conference, could include several other counties in the north of the state. Three other counties have already approved the ballot question, and three more will vote on the issue this week.

After the vote, Weld County Commissioner Sean Conway quoted Mahatma Gandhi: "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight for you, and then you win." Commission Chairman Bill Garcia, echoed a more recent leader before voting: "Si se puede—yes, we can." The Weld commissioners were unanimous in their decision to approve the ballot measure.

Read the whole article here: http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/northeastern-colorado-is-getting-ready-to-secede-20130820

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
For a moment I thought they wanted to secede from the united states.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Yeehaw, unless they jump on horseback and ride into the sunset after shooting everyone else dead?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
That Jon Caldara guy is the worst TV guy I've ever seen :D
"C'MON rhaerqwhaerw ARE YOU KCKCKCKCKCIDING ME?" :D
But this Jefferson guy knows what is best. Fracking is the worst thing you can do to your own people. I'm glad he is taking the initiative to realize the citizen's wish to be their own.
NE Colorado is doing that what America should have been doing a long time ago. Smaller groups of states would probably make things happen more quickly and more reliable :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Smaller states mean more politicians. I dont really know if things will go faster with more laws and more suits.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
The Helper said:
This is true as the Colorado people are not breaking the law.
That sound good.. It might Just gets passed "cause of that." :)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Nope, just from Colorado. Texas is the one that wants to secede from the US but that will never happen.

They will if they don't go first. There are several states that have issued threats of secession if the federal government continues to ignore them. The issue is, one of them has to be the first, and the others will follow.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Might make things go for the better sometimes. Very big nations are hard to run, the bigger they get, the more overhead is produced and money is wasted.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.