notebook battery

mapguy

Reaction score
is it true that If I use my notebook plugged, the battery life time will be reduced?
Is it true that If I don't charge my battery to 100% I can unbalanced it?
I just want to know what's true and whats not about notebooks batteries.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
>is it true that If I use my notebook plugged, the battery life time will be reduced?
Yep, same thing as charging it up and not using it. Keeping the battery at 100% is not good for the overall life.

>Is it true that If I don't charge my battery to 100% I can unbalanced it?

Only the first 2-3 times for device calibration. Otherwise it is fine.

More Info (Battery University)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
#1 - yes if the battery is also inside the notebook, and also because the laptop makes heat which is bad for battery life - no need to expose it to more heat the necessary

#2 - I doubt you would run into this, but if you constantly charge it to only let say 80%, that 80% would eventually become it's max - but it's more of a you do that 100 times, not you left it uncharged and then it lost capacity

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'd actually like to add a question to this...regarding his first question.

When I charge my laptop to 100%, Windows indicates that it's "On AV power", which suggests that the power is bypassing the battery and just coming straight from the outlet. Does this mean that it is, in fact, not bad for the battery? Or do you think it still runs through the battery?

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
yep, straight through to the laptop. But it is keeping the battery at 100% that's bad. The battery will lose capacity faster @ 100% than at, say, 40-50%.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.