~Nova Wars~

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Bump!

Any comments? And Flare, hows the portal nova going?

Ahm, so far I can't think of an effective way of getting it to work for 3 teleports per unit. One teleport per unit is simple (since I can just move the unit behind a portal ^^) but making it MUI for up to 3 teleports per unit per nova is extreme amount of hassle since it would have to be MUI to both the unit and the spell instance (so you could be teleported by new portals a few times, but not by the portal that just teleported you 3 times)

Would it be OK if I made it so that the teleportation was limited to once per unit (or, at least, as good as once per unit unless you walk in the path of a portal again)

Or did you mean that each group of portals is limited to 3 teleports? If so, that'd be almost as simple as once per unit.

I'll have the spell finished (to the best of my abilities) by tomorrow, assuming nothing comes up between now and then.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Ahm, so far I can't think of an effective way of getting it to work for 3 teleports per unit. One teleport per unit is simple (since I can just move the unit behind a portal ^^) but making it MUI for up to 3 teleports per unit per nova is extreme amount of hassle since it would have to be MUI to both the unit and the spell instance (so you could be teleported by new portals a few times, but not by the portal that just teleported you 3 times)

Would it be OK if I made it so that the teleportation was limited to once per unit (or, at least, as good as once per unit unless you walk in the path of a portal again)

Or did you mean that each group of portals is limited to 3 teleports? If so, that'd be almost as simple as once per unit.

I'll have the spell finished (to the best of my abilities) by tomorrow, assuming nothing comes up between now and then.

> Would it be OK if I made it so that the teleportation was limited to once per unit (or, at least, as good as once per unit unless you walk in the path of a portal again)
It would be just fine :)

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Free bump YaY
I'll think of some ideas for you later. Also do all the abilities have to have 'nova' in it?

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Lol sorry bit late..
I don't know if you understood what I meant so ill say it again more properly. Do all the ability names have to have the word nova in it?

Heres an idea..

Grave Call (change the name if needed) - Summons a grave pit around the caster (something like the pitlord's aoe stun skill in dota, if you've played) and summons the haunted remains of restless spirits. Summons zombies and skeletons randomly around the caster which last for # seconds. Channeling. # second channel.

Arena - The caster summons boulders/walls/other of <insert> which trap all units in a # radius and all other units outside. The ring/boulders deform when there is only 1 unit standing.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Lol sorry bit late..
I don't know if you understood what I meant so ill say it again more properly. Do all the ability names have to have the word nova in it?

Heres an idea..

Grave Call (change the name if needed) - Summons a grave pit around the caster (something like the pitlord's aoe stun skill in dota, if you've played) and summons the haunted remains of restless spirits. Summons zombies and skeletons randomly around the caster which last for # seconds. Channeling. # second channel.

Arena - The caster summons boulders/walls/other of <insert> which trap all units in a # radius and all other units outside. The ring/boulders deform when there is only 1 unit standing.

Nice ideas :)
The Grave Call.. I have never played DotA. Explain?
They are pretty easy to make though.

And no, not all spells need to have Nova in it.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Basically, a ring of headstones appear at the edge of the target AoE. If a unit enters the AoE, it gets trapped (using something like Entangling Roots I think).

Also, I'll try and get the portal nova done today (I've been really lazy this week :eek:)

What's a headstone?

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
You know the graveyard building for undead in melee games? On the sides of it it has the pillar thingys. I think thats pretty much the same thing as the pitlord skill. If you still dont know i'll screenshot it later.

hawky287

Reaction score
hehehe BUMP
i wanna see a block hole nova xD
basically the nova goes inward towards the point u clicked sucking all the units towards the centre n then BOOM
DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE
xD
really good for organising enemies into groups MUAHAHA

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
hehehe BUMP
i wanna see a block hole nova xD
basically the nova goes inward towards the point u clicked sucking all the units towards the centre n then BOOM
DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE
xD
really good for organising enemies into groups MUAHAHA

You mean a black hole nova? Would be too overpower.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.