AoS Nova (Working Title)

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Nova

Nova is my newest (and only) map project. It's a 3-Lane AoS.
I (barely) have some lore for it, but it's not written down. Still.

It'll be a 5v5 AoS, with two forces (Light and Dark). Think of it like DotA, with the bases in the top left and bottom right instead (at least terrain-wise).

Currently planned features (I have more, but I can't seem to remember them at the moment).
  • Level 25 Leveling Cap.
  • Built-in Translations*
  • Recipe System.
  • In Game Debugging System.
  • Anti-Runner System.

* The In Game translation system will be a VERY experimental system, which will automatically translate words in one language to another.
Here's an example; Say your playing a game with someone from France, and they only speak French. Whenever they talk, a system will automatically translate the French words into English, allowing you to understand. This also words "backwards", meaning English will be translated into French.
I'm undecided on how language detection will work, so I can't answer many questions about this.

This map will come in three flavours: Open-Source, Optimized, and Developement.
The Optimized version will be the "online" version. This will be run through any possible optimizations to improve the gameplay experience.
The Open-Source version will be completely unoptimized, allowing people to look over all of the resources (code, models, etc) in the map.
Development is almost exactly like the Optimized version, but it's not considered stable. This is the "beta" of the newest verion.

This map is VERY early Developement, but I'm going to finish it, no matter what it takes.

Now, I need some hero ideas. Credits to anyones heroes I use (and rep, of course!).
Theme: Think Light vs Dark. Warcraft theme (spells, names, etc).
Models are OK, as long as they're small (but I'd like to avoid them as much as possible). Custom icons for spells or the hero itself are fine too.

I'll update this post whenever there is something to update.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Dark Hero

Al'Kaidas
the deathbringer

Tormented soul
Al'Kaidas seeks to bring pain to others. Drawing upon his darkest magics he links his very soul to his enemies sharing all damage he takes for a temporary amount of time.

Raven Scouts
Al'Kaidas releases 3 ravens in random directions to scout for him. The ravens will fly in the given direction until they reach the edge of the map thus killing them. Ravens are capable of seeing invisible units.

Morph (passive)
Al'kaidas will constantly change his form due to his black heart. Each form has a unique ability.

Capable of turning into:
wolf - bloody claws
voidwalker - soul steal
murloc nightcrawler - death trap
succubus - deathly seduction
doom guard - black sabbath

Final Hour (ultimate)
Al'kaidas places a death penalty on X random units in a Y AOE. They now have 20 seconds to live.

-------------------------

Good luck with your map :thup:

Sarj14

Reaction score
icons_9771_btn.jpg

Adol
The Holy Knight
Main Attribute
Strength
skins_3826_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Spells
Hand of God
icons_9573_btn.jpg

The Holy Knight calls to the Gods for power, giving him a holy charge to destroy his enemy.
Holy Strike
icons_9727_btn.jpg

The Gods charge the Holy Knights blade, giving him a holy strike. On contact, the sword will explode, dealing damage to all enemies and healing all allies.
Strength of the Gods
Passive
icons_588_btn.jpg

The Gods give the Holy Knight a power, giving him a bonus in his strength and attack.
The Gods Link
Ultimate
icons_5155_pas.jpg

The Gods give the Holy Knight a powerful link between them. The Gods give the Holy Knight a large amount of strength, attack speed, speed, armor, strength, ability, and intelligence for a short amount of time.​

Will add a lot more soon to come!

yuckyducky

Reaction score
Light Hero
Cleric
Ranged Intelligence Hero.

Judgement (Active)
Create an Orb that disables a target and deals damage over time. The bind is canceled when the orb is destroyed.

Flash of Light (Active)
Cause an unit to have a chance to miss on its attacks for a short duration. If cast on a unit under Judgement, this spell deals bonus damage to it.

Purification (Passive)
When you cast a spell you heal allies and damage enemies in a small AoE around you for a percentage of their current health.

Sword of Benevolent Light (Active)
Surround yourself with a Sword of Pure Light. Whenever a unit comes close enough to you, the sword will strike that target dealing damage. The sword attacks every few seconds. Each time the sword attacks, Purification takes effect.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Oh, those are all good!
Thanks guys! Rep coming your way in a sec!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.