Novel Contest

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Staff member
Hey, can I start a novel contest? If you are a mod and reading this, please answer.
Meanwhile, other people, get your novels ready! :banghead::nuts:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Novels? As in a book-novel?

You should be more specific if you expect a mod to approve one, or host one.

For example, a novel about anything? No theme?
How long (Pages, words, etc.)

Who will be grading? The novels I know are pretty long...

Pineapple

Just Smile.
You are asking a contest for us to write sometihng over 100 pages, maybe have 10+ peopel enter,

then some judges read them all and judge them.

That woyld take well over a year.

It wont happen. this isn't NaNoWriMo

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
yeah... and very few of us have written a complete novel, and no one would be able to write a novel specifically for the contest because it would take so long.
It was a good thought ;)

thewrongvine

Staff member
OK KAY! Lemme' be more clear:

To Mods: Can I (Or you guys) host a "Story" Contest?

To Others: Who wants to host a "Story" Contest?

Information
Story Length: Anywhere between 4 - 10 pages size 12.
Theme: FANTASY! Anything fantasy related (Either the past, present, or future fantasy)
Rules: I dunno... we could make some as we establish contest (if we have)
Time: Erm... how bout 2 months? Or more? Or less? As I said before, we can change it.
Judges: The mods if they want. If not, we could select some people (i want to participate but if we need people, i'll judge instead of write and i am a fair judge! lol)
What else... reply and say what info you need. Or if you want to add anythings. WE CAN ADD THINGS LIKE RULES AND WORDS AND HOW THEY BE JUDGED AFTER WE SAY THAT WE ARE GOING TO AT LEAST HOST A CONTEST! ONE STEP AT A TIME! CONSTANT VIGILANCE (random...)
No matter what, write some stories and stuff, and post it. This is the Writers' Workshop. :D

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
If nothing else, you've gotta give him props for his enthusiasm. It's nice to see someone so interested in being involved in the Writer's Corner. Word, brotha.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
you might just want to ask the mods to extend the length possibilities in the short stories contest. I don't think adding a few pages to a story requires a completely new contest.

Edit: that is true, kev. Bravo kid ;)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Kev is right, and so is Halahan :D

A short story contest was just over, but they didn't get a lot of contestants.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
I won't enter this contest because I'm working on a project that could easily be entered into this contest, but I don't want to release any of it into the public eye yet.
Good luck anyways. :)

thewrongvine

Staff member
sigh.. oh well lol.

yeah maybe i can ask to extedn the short stories contest a lil... cuz i have long stories one is like 6 pages and one is 10 pages and only halfway done.

oh well.

i will be entering next contest! HUYAH CHARGE! HOORAH!

www.freewebs.com/thewrongvine

....lol those are my stories.

last reply to this post i think
PEACE!

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
HEy, what about a riddle contest, is that possible? Just an idea, id join and thered be a ton a more contestants..

just an idea.. or is it?

Miz

Administrator
I probably wouldn't enter because I am working on a novel and it takes time and effort not a dead line to write a book...
Except if you have already written many books. Then usually you give yourself a deadline.

thewrongvine

Staff member
a riddle contest... sounds cool. id be in,
but do u mean that the contestants MAKE the riddles
or SOLVE them?

if its MAKE? im in
SOLVE? so-so...
but tat would be cool, start a thread for it

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
What you CAN make is a Short Story contest, one where you make a story about 1-2 pages long, choose a subject, [in this case, fantasy] choose a font, margin and text size. Viola.
If this does turn out ot be a Short Story contest, im in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    Good luck to the hurricane path people. Is TH still in Houston?
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I think so
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah we got nothing here did not even rain
  • Ghan Ghan:
    We could use some rain.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not complaining though Hurricanes are not fun I have been through alot of them
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    I evacuated for it just incase since I live in La Porte pretty much right on the water (in Houston area). Didn't see anything. It's a good thing for me anyways.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It's too bad that Blizzard messed up so terribly with Reforged.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still has a 0.6 user metacritic score.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    (Out of 10)
  • Varine Varine:
    I haven't even tried it yet because everyone said it sucked. How do you get .6 out of ten?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am waiting for Dwarf Fortress to come out on Steam then I am on it.
  • Accname Accname:
    I play Dwarf Fortress from time to time.
  • Accname Accname:
    Its Okay.
  • Accname Accname:
    But the performance is sub-par. Does not seem to be well optimized.
  • Varine Varine:
    Is the Steam version coming with a graphical overlay or is it using the ASCII graphics still?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Steam version has the graphical overlay.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Steam Version has graphics, a new interface and will be integrated in the steam mod stuff
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    I didn't think WC3 Reforged was that bad. It pretty much did what it stated (to me at least), but then again I can care less about reforged campaigns and all that. I just care about gameplay.
  • Varine Varine:
    I think people were hoping for a resurgence in mod support. I have little interest in the actual game tbh
  • Varine Varine:
    Plus I know they added that Dota precedent clause where Blizzard can steal your shit which isn't cool.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    They sold Reforged to the community as primarily a huge graphical uplift with high res textures and redone cinematics.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    They even showed one of the redone cinematics at Blizzcon and that very cinematic wasn't even in the released game.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    So I think folks were angry about that.
  • Varine Varine:
    Didn't the backwards compatability have issues too?
  • Accname Accname:
    I never had any hopes for that. Blizzard is not the same company it was 10 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop