Sci/Tech Now Apple is patenting STAIRCASES: Firm is awarded rights to cylindrical glass architecture.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The Apple store in Pudong, Singapore is a temple for all who religiously follow the technology giant’s products.

And now Apple has been granted a patent, not for one of its products, but the giant glass cylinder staircase that sits at the heart of the Singapore outlet.

The staircase is comprised of a glass tube that has curved glass stairs snaking around it.

The glass tube has a white Apple logo floating inside, and a small, shallow moat surrounding it.

The glass cylinder leads to the local underground beneath a square central business district of Lujiazui in Pudong.

It was designed by architect Bohlin Cywinski Jackson, who has also worked with Apple stores in New York and in London.

Apple's patent not only covers the design of the cylinder, but more also the type of glass and construction methods used to erect such a structure, according to Apple Insider.

Last edited by a moderator:

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
If Googling means "to do a web search", maybe Appling means "to patent stuffs."

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The patents system is seriously broken. The fact that it has been broken for so long amazes me. Smart people are supposed to be able to fix broken stuff, just saying.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Need some more context, because I cannot associate a relationship with "Gutenberg" and "the bible."
the gutenberg bible?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutenberg_bible

@TheHelper: I think the patent system is outdated. It might have been useful 50 years ago, but in this times its poison for the free market.
You can not force the patent system on countries like china and alike. The western world is just holding itself back while the eastern countries are abusing our stupidity.
Which they have every right to do if I might add!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The patents system is seriously broken. The fact that it has been broken for so long amazes me. Smart people are supposed to be able to fix broken stuff, just saying.

That means we don't have any smart people to fix the broken stuff.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score

They are not smart, but greedy, ye :3?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.