Nuclear explosion

eatbeaver

Reaction score
How do you create a big nuclear explosion? You know with the screen goes white and a big mushroom cloud. I know it has something to do with Mortar projectiles death animation but how do i edit it?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, you would need a model first, if the mortar team missle is fitting well for your needs use it.
now you create a new unit and give it that model you have choosen, change the scaling factor (set something like 5.00, or 8.00, play around with it a little) and you are done!
if you create that unit somewhere via triggers just kill it and it will play its death animation (if it got one) and in the case you used the mortar team missle it will go BOOOM.

for the screen tinting you can use fade filters. they are cinematic actions, do a fade-in / fade-out within a short time using white mask.

Setharoth114

Reaction score
You might also want to use some camera actions such as shake camera, and maybe some terrain deformations like ripples. I've made some pretty cool nuclear explosions in my time lol.

eatbeaver

Reaction score
Why is it fading in and out with black colour when i use this code?

Code:
Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe because of the colour settings?
[...] color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) [...]
a colour of 0,0,0,x is always black. set it to 100,100,100 and try again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.