Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Interested in feedback on this

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like we do not have the right code and this is not an environment problem. I am unsticking this as it is not the most major about getting new games out at this point.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
And what have we here?

That is fantastic except the guy did not post any details or anything else about it. Just a screenshot. At this point, unless there is confirmed confirmation somebody else can replicate what this guy has done it is just HOPE that we do have the right code and it is just an environment problem.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
It works. I confirmed by burning the provided ISO to a DVD+R and the game loads and plays in my Toshiba 2300.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
At this point it looks like we have confirmation that the Authentication Tools work and we have passed a major hurdle. The guy who did it is signed up on the forum and hopefully he will post more information later. This is so Awesome!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Sticking this thread again and when we get more information I will make sure this thread is updated.

EdgeConnector

NUON Legend!
Reaction score
Alrighty folks, I'm still working on putting together a VM with all of this configured, but thought I would release this to the folks with an old RedHat environment already setup. I've uploaded the .gnupg files and the bless files to archive.org here: https://archive.org/details/tempest_202205
Just uncompress into your user's home directory and you should be able to sign away!
The password you can use to unlock the application signing is:
Code:
Thou Shalt Be Free:P-A1S2:EDC0
Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

“Now I will believe that there are unicorns…”
-Sebastian (Act 3, Scene 3)

Last edited:

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
How did you figure out the passphrase? The only info I ever saw in the released tools was Past Is Prologue 6x7yc93

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
It is kind of funny and ironic that NUON never released the rights like Atari did when they were with Hasbro. I tried to track down who owns the NUON IP and it looks like it is in some Super Corporation that has probably totally forgot about it.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
So, a little more than a year after I posted to Yak's forum, I made a follow up to my post, letting them know the issue has been resolved.

Reactions: K3V

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I am unsticking this and starting something else.... I don't think this is totally resolved yet because we do not have something we can distribute easily but I think it will be all wrapped up soon. Moving on to the Emulator and SD Card type solution stuff.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
So where are we at with this? Can we get a link with instructions on how to do it?

mgarcia

You may change this now in User CP
Reaction score
you don't need an old redhat setup, I compiled his upload (https://archive.org/details/tempest_202205) on my current mint linux... it's missing the vmlabs/include folder, which is in the authentication.zip from dragon shadowindustry site... attached.

It compiles and runs fine, but I haven't tested it.

I haven't had a good look at the blessing code, but I'm guessing it shouldn't be too hard to port over to windows.

Attachments

• include.zip
    699 bytes · Views: 148
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.