NUON Collector Roll Call

Serblander

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I was wondering if skip and I are the only NUON collectors in Australia, and that got me thinking...

Where IS everyone from? Country and State?

I'm from Melbourne, Australia and the only person around here that i know of that has any NUON gear. If you're a NUON collector and/or fan, could you please chime in and let us know where you're at. Would be cool to see where everyone resides, and better yet, locals to catch up over some NUON parties :)

NUON Collectors Roll-call:

Australia
Serblander (Melbourne, VIC)
skip (Adelaide, SA)

Germany
nicolaspersijn (Saarland)
Masematte (Cologne)

Italy
litoskin (Forlì)

U.S.A.
3DOMan (New York)
adolobe (San Diego CA and Wilmington NC)
doctorclu (Dallas, TX)
K3V (NY state)
Skah T (Mountain View, California)
Stephen (NE Ohio)
The Helper (Houston, TX)

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Doctor Clu from Dallas, TX. I have a Toshiba 2300 and the regular games (Ballistic, Merlin Racing, Tempest 3K, Space Invaders, Free Fall, and Iron Soldier 3 along with the demo disc that came with the Nuon 2000 (Samsung).

Have found in my experiences that collecting Tetris and the N-501 have been littered with a few pitfalls, let's put it that way. :)

nicolaspersijn

Reaction score
I guess I count only technically until the unit actually finally arrives...I do have a controller and a copy of Freefall though..

I'm an American living in Saarland, Germany. I've been here about 18 years now. Just getting into Nuon now with the N501 on the way. I've got a nice retro console collection that stays in rubbermaid containers until I feel like playing one. I've been keeping my Jaguar out alot lately, and my PS2 has been out for a while as well. My dreamcast has been calling me the last couple of weeks though, too. I just put away my SNES after a long stay out. Played alot of DKC and Yoshi's Island.

I know zero people IRL who have even the faintest idea of what kind of hobby I partake in. My 4 year old son is slowing starting to get the picture though. He loves Bubsy, Rayman, Mario 64, Paper Mario, Sonic CD (he's actually really good at that), and Street Fighter II Special Championship Edition...He's actually playing Skylander's Giants now as his main...cool kid.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I'm in NE Ohio, and have had my N501 since the programming SDK went public. I have all the commercially released games as well as a "beta" of Iron Soldier 3. I do not have Tetris, or Crayon Shin Chan.

Serblander

Reaction score
I'll edit the original post with updates of users and countries/places.

Also, i like your idea of stating what's in our collections Doc - its always interesting to see what goodies other people have in their collections :)

My NUON loot contains:

Toshiba SD-2300 (CIB)
Samsung N-501 (loose with manual)
- Warrior controller (Sealed)
- Warrior Controller (loose)
- Logitech controller (Sealed)
« All 7 Western released games (Ballistic, Freefall 3050 A.D., Iron Soldier 3, Merlin Racing, Tempest 3000, The Next Tetris, Space Invaders X.L.)
+ NUON Polo-shirt (XXL) & NUON pen
> NUON Enhanced Movies: Planet of the Apes, plus i have just ordered Bedazzled the other day (hope its the right one as it had a stock photo, but it was New, Special Edition & NTSC for only $9 shipped to Oz, so what the heck!)

Like almost everyone else, looking for anything and everything NUON that i haven't got.

Also, my good friend Kane (from our Weird And Retro tv show) has a Logitech controller as well. He's looking for a NUON and T3k - got totally hooked and mesmerized on it when i brought 'em along to one of our events. So i guess he's a .5 of a NUON collector for now as well! lol

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Houston, TX

Have an N501 on its last legs and many games and controllers. I have the IS3 version given away to the forum :)

Masematte

Reaction score
Hello im Masematte from Cologne Germany

im a Jaguar Collector and a Nuon Collector

this is my nuon Collection
I'll edit the original post with updates of users and countries/places.

Also, i like your idea of stating what's in our collections Doc - its always interesting to see what goodies other people have in their collections

My NUON loot contains:

Samsung N 501
Ballistic
Freefall 3050 A.D.
Iron Soldier 3
Merlin Racing,
Tempest 3000,
The Next Tetris,
Space Invaders X.L.

Some Controllers , i think all .

All 4 Official NTSC DvD

and i have some paper Stuff like Flyer datasheet and broschures.

Kr
Masematte

Serblander

Reaction score
Hello im Masematte from Cologne Germany

im a Jaguar Collector and a Nuon Collector

and i have some paper Stuff like Flyer datasheet and broschures.

Kr
Masematte
Another Jaguar & NUON collector - very nice! ;)

I'm still after some NUON flyers and paper products. I had one NUON card but i can't seem to find it since the big move a few years back... ;(

Serblander

Reaction score
Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR from the future! 2013 seems to be better already (you'll see)! :D

litoskin

Reaction score
I'm from Italy (Forlì)
2 Nuon dvd N 2000 (one brand new sealed and 1 used complete)
Ballistic
Interactive sampler demo
Freefall 3050 A.D.
2"Iron Soldier 3 (1 demo disc)
Merlin Racing,
Tempest 3000,
The Next Tetris,
Space Invaders X.L.

3 Nuon Warrior controller (2 new)
3 Nuon Stealth controller (2 new)
2 Logitech controller (1 new)
Nuon original brochures from ETCS london ,pen

many other items in arrive...(i will upgrade my list as soon as they arrive...)
i'm a jaguar collector too :) i'm the organizer of the italian jagfest where nuon and all atari products are always present.

Serblander

Reaction score
Hi litoskin - and thank you for posting the Jag-Fest Italia vids, that was great to see :)

I will update the list and add your details now (sorry i didn't do it earlier - just got back home from a short holiday ^_^ ).

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
This is new to me.. I am no "collector" but as far as I understand this is sbout collecting game discs with vsrious old school computer games? Are they still for sale? I tried searching but didnt get find much (on phone atm). And how much is there to collect?

Serblander

Reaction score
Hi iPeez,

Here we're specifically talking about collecting the NUON related items, which, as you have already found is, is not that common to find.

THE best place and info for anything and everything NUON related is at NUON-Dome.com - here's some good info on it:

http://www.nuon-dome.com/info.html

Hope that helps.

3DOMan

Reaction score
Heres what I got

Systems

Toshiba SD-2300, complete boxed
Samsung DVD-N2000, complete boxed
Samsung N-501, complete boxed
Samsung DVD N-504, complete boxed

I have one of the RCA systems but I don't really consider it a true NUON system, since it wont play the games, and the 'homebrew' stuff that it supposedly runs doesn't work worth half a crap on it either.

All 8 games

Tempest 3000
Merlin Racing
Freefall
Ballistic
Space Invaders
Next Tetris
Iron Soldier 3
Crayon Shin Chan

Iron Soldier 3 is complete retail, it cost me dearly. Unfortunately Crayon Shin Chan does not work on anything besides the Korean N-591 system, which I do not have. I assume the game is coded to do so. It doesn't even work on the DVD-N504, which is totally region free.

Controllers

2 Gray Stealth(1 sealed)
2 Purple Stealth
2 Black Warrior
2 Gray Warrior(1 sealed)
2 Logitech

Movies

Buckaroo Banzai
Bedazzled
Planet of the Apes(1-disk, 2-disk, and 3-disk versions)
Dr. DoLittle 2

I also have some NUON dev stuff I got from a VM labs employee a while back, various NUON demo disks, and a sheet of unused NUON Aries 3 chips...kinda cool.

Serblander

Reaction score
3DOMan you da man!!! :cool:

God! Reading through your stuff (and CIB to boot), i can't remember the last time i had a stiffy that hard! GREAT NUON Collection mate! ;)

Just one thing you forgot to mention: what country and state are you in?

Also, thanks for the heads up: didn't realize there were 2 types of Warrior colours - i thought one was prototype colour and the other a released.

skip

Reaction score
Adelaide, South Australia.

N501, all games bar Tetris and Crayon Shin Chan. Three Freefalls and two Ballistics in that lot ;) No DVD movies yet. Three or four (or more?) controllers (thanks to 3DOman).

A reasonable Jag collection with BS. Stacks of others consoles and computers from when I started this hobby in 1982...just added two more from visiting Japan a few weeks back and another this past weekend! Will post photos when my games room is done...starting (again) today...might take a week or ten, hehe.

Serblander

Reaction score
Adelaide, South Australia.

N501, all games bar Tetris and Crayon Shin Chan. Three Freefalls and two Ballistics in that lot ;) No DVD movies yet. Three or four (or more?) controllers (thanks to 3DOman).

A reasonable Jag collection with BS. Stacks of others consoles and computers from when I started this hobby in 1982...just added two more from visiting Japan a few weeks back and another this past weekend! Will post photos when my games room is done...starting (again) today...might take a week or ten, hehe.
Nice :) Also, nice to see another Aussie with BS in their Jag collection! I'm still spewing i sold all my multiple BS (classics) along with ScatBox Deluxe & CatBox's... :( I collect all LAN games and wish i just kep them! Grrr! :mad: Still have my BS:Gold and got one of those sold BS Classics back, so i can link at least two. If we catch up on a future Adalaide Road Trip i have planned, that could make for 3-way Free-For-All ;)

As for The Next Tetris, its great to have (and complete) the NUON collection, but gameplay wise, the other NUON games are much better (and cheaper)!

3DOMan

Reaction score
I'm from new york.

I also have a nice Jaguar collection. I have almost a full retail set, missing only like 4 carts and 3 CDs. I don't own any of the homebrew stuff unfortunately.

3DOMan

Reaction score
Oh yes, and as far as there being 2 different Warrior controllers...the black version of the controller was only available as a pack-in with the Extiva(Samsung DVD-N2000) system so it's slightly more rare than the standard gray one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.