NUON Collector Roll Call

Serblander

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm from new york.

I also have a nice Jaguar collection. I have almost a full retail set, missing only like 4 carts and 3 CDs. I don't own any of the homebrew stuff unfortunately.
Updated and done! ;)

Nice on the Jag collection as well! I was in the same position as you with my Jag collection, then when i dropped off the video game scene i started selling some items off, but only missing a few for the full retail release set (and lucky i only sold one CD title so i have all but one missing - unfortunately it was the big box Primal Rage CD :eek: ).

Serblander

Reaction score
Oh yes, and as far as there being 2 different Warrior controllers...the black version of the controller was only available as a pack-in with the Extiva(Samsung DVD-N2000) system so it's slightly more rare than the standard gray one.
Wow! Thanks for the info! I never knew that ANY of the NUON players came bundled with a controller (apart from the Korean Samsung), but only with a remote... At least that explains why i have only seen sealed grey ones like my two. I guess there was never a sealed black Warrior controller for sale(?).

Did any other NUON players come bundled with a controller? If so which one?

I am still missing a Stealth controller, and i see there are two colours of those as well. Did one come in a certain colour sealed for retail, and the other as a pack-in? Is only one available in sealed packaging?

Questions, questions...

skip

Reaction score
There's at least another Nuon in my town. A mate who I met through yakyak has one.

As an aside, one of the more prolific Jag homebrew persons is also somewhat of a 'local'.

Finally, another local friend has BS too. I only have a Jaglink as a connecting device.

gamemaster

Reaction score
Hey 3do man, where did you find Crayon Shin Chan? Did you try to play it on the n501 via the region free mode?

Serblander

Reaction score
There's at least another Nuon in my town. A mate who I met through yakyak has one.

As an aside, one of the more prolific Jag homebrew persons is also somewhat of a 'local'.

Finally, another local friend has BS too. I only have a Jaglink as a connecting device.
Woo-hoo! Another NUON owner in Adelaide, Bonus! :) And a local Jag Dev... :p

I used to have more networking devices but sold some about 5 years ago. I still have 1 ScatBox Deluxe and 2 CatBox's - so that's an easy 3-Way Battlesphere just here ;) I am still after a regular/classic ScatBox, but haven't seen any for sale in aaaaaages...

3DOMan

Reaction score
Stealth controllers were never bundled with hardware, only sold seperately. As far as I know only the Extiva DVD-N2000 had a controller bundled with it in USA, along with a copy of Ballistic.

Some controllers were never released. The airplay for NUON was never released, despite being extensively marketed in advance. Also, there was another N64 style controller, which would have had a slot for a NUON memory card...I forget the exact name, but this controller was never released either. Somebody was selling a prorotype one a while back. I've never actually seen a port replicator/extension cord for sale so I assume it was never released either.

I got Crayon Shin Chan from some guy that was a total pain to deal with. I ended up spending alot more than I wanted to on it, and I can't even play the game. Yay

Yes I've tried to play the game on my N2000, SD2300, N501, and N504 and it won't work on any of them. I also have the Aiwa remote to do the 'region free' trick with, but this is overall pretty useless, as all it does it temporarily change the region code on the player to Zero. This does nothing to overcome NTSC/PAL barriers.

I suspect the Crayon Shin Chan game was coded so that it refuses to run on anything other than the Korean system. The Korean system also came bundled with a movie, Shiri. It may have had NUON content on the disk, not sure.

I had the opportunity to buy a complete Korean NUON system a while back, but the guy started the price around $1100 and kept raising it up, now he wants almost $2 grand. No thanks

3DOMan

Reaction score
If you're interested in helping me complete my jaguar CD set, I only need these 3 games, longboxed

Dragons Lair
Space Ace
BrainDead 13

:)

Serblander

Reaction score
Stealth controllers were never bundled with hardware, only sold seperately. As far as I know only the Extiva DVD-N2000 had a controller bundled with it in USA, along with a copy of Ballistic.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated :) I guess my hunt is still on for a loose and a sealed Stealth controller of BOTH colours. Yay me!! (oh, AND a loose Black Warrior)

Some controllers were never released. The airplay for NUON was never released, despite being extensively marketed in advance. Also, there was another N64 style controller, which would have had a slot for a NUON memory card...I forget the exact name, but this controller was never released either. Somebody was selling a prorotype one a while back. I've never actually seen a port replicator/extension cord for sale so I assume it was never released either.
In all my NUON knowing years i have never seen anything like that either, didn't even know about the prototype for sale. Did K3V get it? I think K3V has port replicator/extension cord. Hmm...

I got Crayon Shin Chan from some guy that was a total pain to deal with. I ended up spending alot more than I wanted to on it, and I can't even play the game. Yay
Damn! Hope you didn't end up paying too much for it! If you could play it its one thing, but as a dust collector... (not that i wouldn't mind such a dust collector in my own collection ;) )

Yes I've tried to play the game on my N2000, SD2300, N501, and N504 and it won't work on any of them. I also have the Aiwa remote to do the 'region free' trick with, but this is overall pretty useless, as all it does it temporarily change the region code on the player to Zero. This does nothing to overcome NTSC/PAL barriers.
Knowing how what you have and would've spent on the NUON i thought as much, hence didn't even ask. That is SUCH a bloody shame! It makes you not want to even invest in the game itself considering its rarity as you can't even use it. Region locking is the bane of my gaming life! This is especially true with current online capable (read: their cabable of bricking you system if chipped system is detected online). For this reason i have an imported US NTSC 360, a Jap 360 and (MULTIPLE) PAL 360's. Also had to get a Jap Wii for the Taiko game even though i have a PAL Wii. Grrr! That's also a big reason i fell in love with the Jag - region free baby :cool:

I suspect the Crayon Shin Chan game was coded so that it refuses to run on anything other than the Korean system. The Korean system also came bundled with a movie, Shiri. It may have had NUON content on the disk, not sure.
If that's true the bloody hell! To quote Lo Pan: "Now that really pisses me off to no end!" As for Shiri, you said before it came bundled with PAL DVD?? Looking at the N591 pics i see its written all in Korean. Hmm... does ANYONE here have that DVD by chance?

I had the opportunity to buy a complete Korean NUON system a while back, but the guy started the price around $1100 and kept raising it up, now he wants almost $2 grand. No thanks
I remember. I thought you would have scored it, but as i didn't see it listed in your above mentioned list i presumed it must've fallen through. Btw, is that the same seller that recently listed the system on Amazon with an asking price of US $1,899.00? That's just insane! :eek::mad::rolleyes:

Serblander

Reaction score
If you're interested in helping me complete my jaguar CD set, I only need these 3 games, longboxed

Dragons Lair
Space Ace
BrainDead 13

:)
I'm actually trying to reclaim my long box Primal Rage CD so i can have the full CIB set of Jag CD library. However, should i decide to let it go, i will let you know ;)

Also, i will note that in my 'list' anyway! I can keep an eye out for them and alert you to sales/auctions or try and trade for them. I keep a list of gaming/retro items that friends are looking for in case i come across it for them. I do this especially with PAL releases that may be found in Australia but not elsewhere (PS1 Aussie exclusives, etc). Noted. :)

3DOMan

Reaction score
Yeah this dude with the Korean NUON is unreal. If he doesn't want to sell it he should just come right out and say it, rather than jacking up the price and avoiding people and wasting their time. In reality I think it's worth maybe $600-$800 and that's being very generous, considering all you're getting out of it is the ability to play one mediocre game. And yes, Korea is a PAL region.

Serblander

Reaction score
Yeah this dude with the Korean NUON is unreal. If he doesn't want to sell it he should just come right out and say it, rather than jacking up the price and avoiding people and wasting their time. In reality I think it's worth maybe $600-$800 and that's being very generous, considering all you're getting out of it is the ability to play one mediocre game. And yes, Korea is a PAL region.
Yep, totally agree with you there mate - $600-$800 SHIPPED Max! And that better bloody be in MINT condition. Lets face it: you'll play that game once or twice, and then... If the game was a system showcaser then fair enough. I'm just waiting and hoping someone from Korea finds a stash of them and starts selling for cheap on eBay :D

3DOMan

Reaction score
Yep, totally agree with you there mate - $600-$800 SHIPPED Max! And that better bloody be in MINT condition. Lets face it: you'll play that game once or twice, and then... If the game was a system showcaser then fair enough. I'm just waiting and hoping someone from Korea finds a stash of them and starts selling for cheap on eBay :D

From the few gameplay videos it seems like nothing to scream about. I'd probably play it for about 30 seconds. Its rarity and uniqueness as the only Korean exclusive NUON game is the only noteworthy thing about it really.

3DOMan

Reaction score
Either way that trick probably only temporarily changes the region code on the player, which really will only let you play NTSC encoded dvds from other regions.

Crayon Shin Chan was coded for a PAL NUON system, so even if you were able to bypass any and all lockouts, it will likely not run right on a NTSC NUON system because of the 50hz/60hz thing. If anything, The N504 has the best chance of playing the game, since it can run NTSC and PAL DVDs, and operate at 50hz or 60hz.

litoskin

Reaction score
I have a great jaguar collection too as i can see all jag fans like the nuon ,as for me the nuon was the only jaguar successor.i have all officially released complete games plus many homebrews (quite all) .
i own some development stuff ,aircars beta,and the blue virtual Reality headset.
Complete a jaguar collection is an hard job (too much items to find) Do the same with the nuon stuff is easy because few items were released but find really rare items is an hard job too.

Masematte

Reaction score
@litoskin, do you know how many of the VR Headseats are there.

I Heard that there are only two Outside, so when that is True , than you and Gaz habe them ;)

litoskin

Reaction score
Hi Masematte i won't talk to someone who is too much better than me on Kobayashi Maru :mad::);) Ha Ha Ha !!!(great score mate!!). Yes only two exists one red (low resolution one) and one Blue (mine,hi resolution specs) i have bought it from Gaztee about 3 years ago.
Now it's in my house but i cames out during retrogames event in italy and in europe.
This year all people that came to the Italian jagfest had the opportunity to play with it and also it has been shown to people in Croatia (look at the videos of the italian jagfest i post to this thread).

Masematte

Reaction score
Hi thx for the flowers of the score, i hope i can break the 2 Mill. i like this ame , sorry :)
Yes i see the Video on youtube, but i didnt know that is yours.
Congrat for this .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.