NUON Controller Promotion! Free NUON Controller contest!

atarigalore

Reaction score
I just sent my friend the technical data on the protocol of the polyface, he said it is quite doable. found the data in a download pack of nuon tech dev stuff

sixersfan105

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
So I bought a toshiba nuon 2300 in 2018 and i had bought ballistic not knowing its only for the samsung so i had sold that a while back.
Welcome! I just noticed this section of your post and thought it would be worth following-up. Ballistic works just fine on the Toshiba SD-2300. It was included as a pack-in game with the Samsung N2000 (the first-ever Nuon player!) but Ballistic works on all Nuon players that play commercial Nuon releases (the hard to find RCA players are only capable of playing homebrew and can't play commercial releases, which is why I mention it like that).

I find Ballistic to actually control fairly well with the remote, especially on Toshiba units, which it sounds like is the one you have, as the Toshiba "stick" is the smoothest of them all in my opinion (and by "of them all" I mean of the remotes that I have used in the past, which are the Toshiba, the Samsung N2000 and Samsung N501).

Good to see another person from the Philly area! If you're interested in adding Ballistic back to your Nuon collection, let me know, as I have a spare and would be happy to let it go for much cheaper than the going rate on eBay. Just shoot me a PM!

adsap27

Reaction score
Welcome! I just noticed this section of your post and thought it would be worth following-up. Ballistic works just fine on the Toshiba SD-2300. It was included as a pack-in game with the Samsung N2000 (the first-ever Nuon player!) but Ballistic works on all Nuon players that play commercial Nuon releases (the hard to find RCA players are only capable of playing homebrew and can't play commercial releases, which is why I mention it like that).

I find Ballistic to actually control fairly well with the remote, especially on Toshiba units, which it sounds like is the one you have, as the Toshiba "stick" is the smoothest of them all in my opinion (and by "of them all" I mean of the remotes that I have used in the past, which are the Toshiba, the Samsung N2000 and Samsung N501).

Good to see another person from the Philly area! If you're interested in adding Ballistic back to your Nuon collection, let me know, as I have a spare and would be happy to let it go for much cheaper than the going rate on eBay. Just shoot me a PM!
Wow, I feel dumb lol. I didn't want to mess up the disc drive by trying to play an incompatible disc, so that is good to know.

I also just bit the bullet and bought a logitech controller because I have Iron Soldier 3 being shipped out now and I have free-fall as well.

I would love to pick up ballistic off of you if you don't want it. I didn't really want to pay like 30 or so for it anyway. Just let me know for sure.

Do you know which remotes play which games? I saw this and I wanted to get it for the future if/when I pick up an Samsung player. No idea at all what games this remote plays

product image

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • jonas jonas:
    Is the school system in your country similar to Chinese school system? I could never imagine being a teacher in a Chinese school, what's expected of students and teachers is just so different from what I'd be looking for as a teacher
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    A Levels is based on the UK syllabus offered internationally. So the syllabus is similar throughout different countries, taught in english.
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    I can't speak or write or read much chinese... Too difficult....... Which also makes my life here in china a lil difficult.
  • jonas jonas:
    Oh, I see. I thought Chinese version of A-levels :D
  • jonas jonas:
    I've been using the translate app a lot on my phone. take a photo, translate. take another photo, translate again :D
  • jonas jonas:
    it also has voice translation, my colleagues sometimes use that
  • jonas jonas:
    You came during the 0 covid policy right? How'd you get through quarantine? Did you have some help with the apps and green codes?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    If you have any Chinese you need help with, let me know.
    +1
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    @jonas Those were the things I did too. Translate app and VPN are always the most important things to have to survive. Lol.
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    Yea I came last year. I was quarantined for about 30 days. Fml. The first day of my quarantine was the eve of Chinese new year last year. Fml again... Lol.
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    @tom_mai78101 IIRC you're from Taiwan right.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I thought China had cracked down on having any foreign teachers?
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    Yeah I've heard of the news before. My school is still actively hiring foreign teachers. Not sure how things work now.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah it is hard to get reliable information about that kind of stuff
  • The Helper The Helper:
    but you are doing it so it is still doable
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    I think it doesn't affect existing foreign teachers. Then again, its still weird that my school is hiring.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Monday people hope everyone has a fantastic week!
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Happy Monday?! That's a contradiction.
  • jonas jonas:
  • jonas jonas:
    please put this in the news section, it's crazy
    Technically, you can post in the Headline News. Just posted your news there.
    I'm not aware of you not being able to post news.
  • jonas jonas:
    I think technically I can I just forget how
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.