NUON controller to USB

T

thenickaman

I was wondering if it was possible to use a NUON controller to connect to a computer via USB.

I have a Logitech NUON controller with no particular use to me. I tried cutting the wires and matching them up to a usb cable, but nothing happened.

I don't know if it is an issue with hardware or if I simply need a driver, but I can't get it to work.

From what I have been able to gather, here are the pinouts of each:

NUON:
Vcc - Orange
Clock - Brown
Data - Red
Ground - Black

USB:
Vcc - Red
D(-) - White
D(+) - Green
Ground - Black

I have connected red/orange and black/black, and then tried the other two with each of the others, but any way its connected, nothing shows up in Windows or Mac OS X.

If it isn't possible, I won't be crushed--I just thought it would be a fun project, but I've hit a brick wall.

If anyone knows what I can do, or refer me somewhere that would be of more assistance, I would definitely appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nick

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Nah, it's not that simple unfortunately. You'd need some hardware dongle to convert the NUON packets to USB packets. Not impossible, but it's more than just a matter of rewiring the thing.

T

thenickaman

bummer

Ah, I see, thank you. I know the Xbox and (I think)PlayStation controllers are usb to begin with, so those are easy to convert, but I just had no idea what the architecture of the NUON was, so I wanted to give it a shot. Thanks again for the info!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.