NUON Enhanced Movies: Which DVD versions??

Serblander

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm finally caving-in and want to get the four NUON enhanced DVD's that were released. Problem is, i see there are numerous releases of the same film (NTSC) so i want to make sure that i actually get the one that supports/has the NUON features. So far, i have found the following:

Bedazzled:
« 2000/2001 release - As far as i know, there is/was only one stand-alone NTSC version released, is this correct? (Edit: See the updated 2011 version below) NUON Enhanced
« 2-Disc set (Original movie + the 2001 re-make bundle)
« 2011 (NTSC - Region 1) Re-release NUON Enhanced

Buckaroo Banzai:
« As far as i know, there is/was only one NTSC version released, is this correct? NUON Enhanced

Dr Dolittle 2:
« 2001 (Widescreen Edition) - the same cover as on NUON-Dome NUON Enhanced
« 2002 (Full Frame Edition)
« 2006 (Full Screen Edition) - Has FULL SCREEN EDITION written in horizontal grey box top of cover-art
« 2-Pack (stated by K3V as NUON enhanced on NUON-Dome) NUON Enhanced
« Various other multiple pack-bundles (Movies 1+2+3+4)

Planet of the Apes:
« Single Disc edition NUON Enhanced
« 2-Disc Edition NUON Enhanced
« 3-Disc Edition NUON Enhanced

That's all the different (NTSC) ones i was able to find. If anyone knows of any others please post it here and i will add it to the list. If we can make a definitive list here then maybe K3V can add it to the Movies section on NUON-Dome.

Cheers

Btw, where there any PAL, etc versions of these above-listed movies that offered NUON enhanced DVD's like their NTSC counterparts? (for N504/N505 & Korean N591)??

3DOMan

Reaction score
I have all 3 DVD versions of Planet of the Apes 2001(1 disc edition, 2 disc edition, 3 disc edition) and they all have the NUON enhanced features, since these are contained on disc 1 only. The 3-disc version is just the same as the 2-disc version, with an ATT WorldNet Internet disc included.

The Blu-Ray version of Planet of the Apes has a NUON logo on the back of the case...but this is obviously a mistake...

Buckaroo Banzai only has one version as far as I know.

I'm pretty sure there's only one version of the Bedazzled disc...if the disc contained in the 2-disc bundle is the same disc, then it has the same features on it.

I'm not totally sure on Dr. Dolittle 2. I have the original 2001 widescreen version, which has the features. The fullscreen edition came out later, so I'm not sure if retains the features or not.

I'm unaware of any euro-exclusive PAL NUON titles, since NUON was only out in europe for a very very short amount of time, and the system plays the US NTSC games fine but just outputs them in PAL.

The Korean NUON came bundled with a PAL version of "Shiri" and I am not sure whether or not this contains NUON-exclusive content, I will know when I get it. Hope this helps...

Serblander

Reaction score
Thanks for the info 3DOMan :) I will update the list.

I'm guessing you bought the offered N591 then? If so, well done mate! That is the kangaroo's feather of NUON collectibles! Interested in finding out more about this Shiri DVD...

Serblander

Reaction score
Bedazzled:
« 2000/2001 release - As far as i know, there is/was only one stand-alone NTSC version released, is this correct? (Edit: See the updated 2011 version below) NUON Enhanced
« 2-Disc set (Original movie + the 2001 re-make bundle)
« 2011 (NTSC - Region 1) Re-release NUON Enhanced

Just added an update to the movies list as i got this the other day and can confirm: the 2011 NTSC release of Bedazzled (pictured below) is NUON Enhanced.

The eBay seller used a stock photo of the original cover, but as it was only $3 New/Sealed i thought i'd take a chance. I have never seen this cover/version to date but i have tried it and it does contain the extra NUON only features, which i thought were quite cool btw :)

As far as cover art goes - i much prefer the original (red) NTSC cover pic version!

Bedazzled NUON.JPG

Serblander

Reaction score
Disc is probably exactly the same just different artwork
Yeah, that's what i was thinking, which is why i believe the 2-disc set featuring the original movie as well as the 2001 remake would have the NUON features as well (at least the NTSC version).

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but holy hell Batman - Elizabeth Hurley was smoking back then :)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Bumping some old info from the past about the NUON enhanced DVDs for my necromancy pleasure.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.