NUON Game Reviews in gaming magazines?

Serblander

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I was wondering if there were any mainstream magazines (like EDGE, Diehard Gamefan, EGM, GamePro, etc) that reviewed ANY of the 8 officially released NUON games? If there were, does anyone have any info on which games were reviewed in which magazines? I'd love to be able to read what they though of it back in the day...

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, NUON-Dome was featured in the January '04 issue of Edge, along with the system itself, T3K, etc. A personal point of pride for me :)

Attachments

• edge_january_04.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 520

Serblander

Reaction score
Knew I had to have had some on the site (under "Media" on nuon-dome.com for future reference)!
Thanks a lot (i did look through those a while back)! Do you have the actual physical magazines as well? :) Also, would you know the actual year/number of those GameFan mags (both preview issue and the review one)?

If anyone else has any info, spill your guts please! :D

Serblander

Reaction score
Also, NUON-Dome was featured in the January '04 issue of Edge, along with the system itself, T3K, etc. A personal point of pride for me :)
That is FANTASTIC! Wow, what an honour! :)

I loved the early EDGE magazines! Right before the Jag came out they started up, and i started collecting them from issue #2 (just missed the first one). I had every issue from no.2 up to no.50, including all the special issues in-between. Unfortunately, flash-floods claimed them all a couple of years ago, lost every one... :( lucky for me all the Atari Jaguar special supplement issues that were included in the magazine were indoors at the time, so i still have all of them. PHEW!!

Useless Trivia Fact: those Jag Supplement Mags of mine are the same ones that are pictured in the Retro Gamer magazine (Jaguar Retroinspection), Issue #26, on page 52. I sent the pictures to John Szczepaniak who was writing the article but could not find any pictures of any dedicated Jaguar magazines/supplements. Ahh, good old JSII times...

skip

Reaction score
I have a number of these Nuon articles...and possibly some more. If I have different ones from those on ND, I'll scan or photograph them.

That, in addition to my Jaguar magazine/snippet collection and my Llamasoft ones, are all so very overdue to be scanned...

Serblander

Reaction score
I have a number of these Nuon articles...and possibly some more. If I have different ones from those on ND, I'll scan or photograph them.
Cheers! That would be awesome!! :)

That, in addition to my Jaguar magazine/snippet collection and my Llamasoft ones, are all so very overdue to be scanned...
Hehe, i know that feeling! I lost about 98% of all my video game magazine & comics collection 2 years back in the flash floods. I did cut out and dry all the Jag articles/reviews/previews/etc as well as the video gaming (and toy) ads from the comics books. Need to scan them all...

I did not, however, find any NUON articles :(

Serblander

Reaction score
I'd love to read the Edge review of Tempest 3000. Does it exist anywhere online?
Me too! EDGE was my fave mag, even though they were so anti-Jaguar even from the beginning. I still have my water-damaged and ruined issues (#2-50) but the last issue of mine: #50 is only OCT 1997 - Hmm... i wonder if there was any mention of Project X in them...

litoskin

Reaction score

Serblander

Reaction score
That is brilliant! Thanks for posting! :)

Can you please tell me the number (and month of issue) of that EDGE magazine? Cheers! :)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this it?
zkOAjkgHiMZkGi9ttxRzw8iYvQDqkeA6sOMvlE28busPntV69aDiT9tNNEEjHqPpSyrvAQWSFdaTSxBz-b7ZqnVbbAA

Old School Dragon

Reaction score
Thanks! Apparently it isn't, but it's still something I've never seen before, and great for archiving! Do you know where this came from?

For some reason, it comes in at full resolution in my email alert of your reply, but when I look at it here on the website, the img is low rez, even if I open the original image in a new tab, and can't be clicked on here in the thread.

litoskin had shared 6 images, which were apparently from Edge #95, as K3V noticed it said that in the footer of the photos.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.