Nuon SDK2

Willis

Reaction score
I just installed the Nuon sdk2 and when it was finished i'm left with a vmlabs folder....... this is gonna sound stupid, but what do i do now? I want to program for the nuon but am confused on what to click in the vmlabs folder.

please help

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
I would dive into the samples directory and compile and burn some of them. Or grab the Games and Demos disc that has a bunch of them already on there. That way you don't need to burn each one individually.

Then open up one of the simpler apps and poke around at the code. Add more sprites. Change their position or size, etc. Recompile and see the effects of your changes.

Once you feel adventurous enough you can use them as a base to create your own unique game/app. Good luck!

Willis

Reaction score
What app./program do you use to compile? And how reliable is the emulator "Nuance" for running compiled code instead of burning a ton of disks. Is there a better way to test things out besides burning it to a disk and seeing if the Nuon plays it..... hopefully you know what i'm talking about.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
To compile you would create a makefile. Check out one of the sample makefiles as a starting point. Be sure to read through the readme.html and other documentation in the SDK.

As for running, Nuance would be your best bet to avoid the burn/try cycle.

Willis

Reaction score
thank you

Ill do some digging around the samples.... got a c++ compiler so i should be in business. What's the best compiler to use in you opinion?

thank you for your replies

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Until someone else writes one, the *only* compiler to use is the one that came with the SDK. Comilers are platform specific and it's the only one one that produces code that works on NUON.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.