World Obama in Egypt reaches out to Muslim world [+Video]

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
President Obama delivered his long-awaited and wide-ranging speech Thursday on American and Muslim relations, offering a hand of friendship to Islam and addressing an array of quandaries and conflicts dividing the two cultures.

At Egypt's Cairo University, Obama quoted from the Quran as he expounded on Islam's glories and rights, the legitimate rights of Israel and the Palestinians, Iranian nuclear aspirations, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and women's rights, economic development, and religious rights and democracy in the Muslim world.

The address, billed as a fence-mending mission between the United States and Islam, urged those present and the people across the globe viewing the speech on television to enter a new, productive and peaceful chapter in their relationship.

Obama's stop in Egypt is part of a trip that started in Saudi Arabia on Wednesday and will continue later to Germany and France.

"I know there are many -- Muslim and non-Muslim -- who question whether we can forge this new beginning," Obama said, emphasizing that "it is easier to start wars than to end them. It is easier to blame others than to look inward, to see what is different about someone than to find the things we share."

Find out more here. Video here.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
As soon as a video of the full speech will be uploaded I'll post a link.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
President Obama Speaks to the Muslim World from Cairo, Egypt
[YOUTUBE]6BlqLwCKkeY[/YOUTUBE]

Directly from the White House Youtube Channel.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now your video link doesn't work...
Click

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hmm so economically we want to detach from them but I guess we want to become friends? I still don't see why we should beg for their friendship. If anything they should be asking for ours.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
It is probably a good thing that he is trying to reach out to countries who's religion doesn't exactly intertwine well with the general Christianity of our hemisphere, but I hope he doesn't start trying to forcefully take away land from Israel which has been proposed. (won't continue any further so there won't be any religious arguments)

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Can you imagine Sarah Palin trying to make this speech? lol

She'd be like "BE CHRISTAN OR YOU GO TO HELL"
and the Muslim nations would be like "...Uhm...Gtfo..."

700th post. Epic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.