US News Obama picks Sotomayor for Supreme Court

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
President Barack Obama chose federal appeals judge Sonia Sotomayor as the nation's first Hispanic Supreme Court justice on Tuesday, praising her as "an inspiring woman" with both the intellect and compassion to interpret the Constitution wisely.

Obama said Sotomayor has more experience as a judge than any current member of the high court had when nominated, adding she has earned the "respect of colleagues on the bench, the admiration of many lawyers who argue cases in her court and the adoration of her clerks, who look to her as a mentor."

Standing next to Obama at the White House, Sotomayor recalled a childhood spent in a housing project in the Bronx as well as her upper-echelon legal career: "I strive never to forget the real world consequences of my decisions on individuals, businesses and government."

Last edited by a moderator:

Seb!

Reaction score
Obama: The racial milestone kiss ass

Can you be serious? She had more experience than any other justice had at nomination, she was first in her class at Yale Law, but she is puerto rican so obviously she's unexperienced and Obama just nominated her because he wants to set a racial milestone.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Can you be serious? She had more experience than any other justice had at nomination, she was first in her class at Yale Law, but she is puerto rican so obviously she's unexperienced and Obama just nominated her because he wants to set a racial milestone.

I think this past election taught us no one gives a shit about experience?

Seb!

Reaction score
I think this past election taught us no one gives a shit about experience?

I'm not saying experience is necessary, but conservatives are calling her unexperienced which is ridiculous. Rush even called her racist. If anyone is qualified for this position it is her.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Since the foundation of the party, the Republicans still act how they where. Racist and intolerable for changes. IMHO

I'm not a Democrat, don't bash me.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That he's not picking people who are male and white? Oh the sheer mention. :eek:

Get real...lots of people are criticizing the president because of his race and his actions. They have a African American Supreme Court justice get over it!

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
He's making America less white.

So?
White people (like me) will no longer be the majority in America by 2030-2050. I see nothing wrong with this nomination. The Republicans are just getting fussy, as the minority party is suppose to.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
She is intellectually qualified and with a long and varied list of experiences.

But she is racially motivated and some of her past rulings have seemed heavily slanted against caucasians. Shes not much different than other leftist judges though, and from reading some of her papers I think she will have some interesting surprises for Obama.

Anyways, its good for the Republicans to make some noise. Decisions without a little argument and discussion can be a very bad thing. Patriot Act anyone?

Some of you like things too simple. Its never that the choice will be perfect, its just that it needs to be looked at.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
She is intellectually qualified and with a long and varied list of experiences.

But she is racially motivated and some of her past rulings have seemed heavily slanted against caucasians. Shes not much different than other leftist judges though, and from reading some of her papers I think she will have some interesting surprises for Obama.

Anyways, its good for the Republicans to make some noise. Decisions without a little argument and discussion can be a very bad thing. Patriot Act anyone?

Some of you like things too simple. Its never that the choice will be perfect, its just that it needs to be looked at.

Which decisions of hers were racially motivated?

Seb!

Reaction score
Which decisions of hers were racially motivated?

Yes, please inform me. Keep in mind that affirmative action is not considered "racist" in almost all schools of thought; minorities and the economically disadvantaged need help. This is widely accepted, even if you don't agree. Just don't call it racist.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Since the foundation of the party, the Republicans still act how they where. Racist and intolerable for changes. IMHO

I'm not a Democrat, don't bash me.

Democrats were the racist ones generally.... Just saying.

care to back this up with facts or are you just going to be making unsupported claims?

Just an opinion... can't be wrong... unless your a Democrat....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.