Defense Obelisk Defense

scorpion182

Reaction score
Obelisk Defense

Obelisk_by_TheSeaMonkey.jpg

Intro:
This is a 6-player hero defense with the objective is to secure the obelisk from the incoming wave of monsters.
Creeps will be spawn in waves and will try to reach the obelisk. Your job is to stop the creeps in any way possible. When the obelisk destroyed or all heroes are fallen you lose the game.

Features:
- 3 classes available
- 6 unique spells each class
- 25 levels
- 5 bosses
- Artificial Stupidity

Screenshots

60653-map-development-mini-contest-2-hero-defense-s1.jpg
60654d1247703099-map-development-mini-contest-2-hero-defense-s5.jpg
60655d1247703181-map-development-mini-contest-2-hero-defense-s3.jpg

Any bugs found, balancing ideas, grammar fix, item ideas, hero/spell ideas, and any other type of feedback is greatly appriciated. :thup:

Changelog
Code:
v1.0.1
==================
------ FEATURES
- Added new game commands: -cam1/-cam2/-cam3
- Added new line 
- Added mini quests
- Added new items

------ BALANCE
- Reduced Polymorph duration from 10 seconds to 3 seconds
- Increased Glaive Throw mana from 55 to 75
- Increased Glaive Storm mana from 50 to 60
- Increased Glaive Storm cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds
- Increased Fireball cooldown from 12 to 14
- Added new abilities to Obelisk: Healing Wave, Illusion
- Obelisk has hp regen now
- Reduced Madam Irma's Potion cost from 125 to 75
- Reduced Potion of Brilliance cost from 150 to 125

------ OPTIMIZATION
- Optimized skin textures

Download

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
On wave 3 or so now, so far It's pretty fun, but you need way more items. 3 per class isn't enough. It takes a while to get gold, and some heroes fall behind if your playing with lots of people. Maybe make xp shared so it doesn't end up with 1 or 2 heroes level 5 while others are still on lvl 2. Make shops more accesible, as in you don't have to wait 5 seconds for the tele spell to take you there. So far (up to wave 3 as far as I know) EVERY creep has mana burn. WTF? if you give the creeps abilities vary them up. Don't have every creep have the same ability. Especially when I'm playing a mage and 5 mana burn me at once I'm pretty fucked over. Will add more when I finish playing. Pretty fun so far though. Also make it so you level spells up. Starting with every spell gives me nothing to look forward to. The items arn't awesome enough to make me want to play and save up to get them.

Maybe make it so the two items that cost karma cost money and karma. I had money and nothing to buy. I just had 6 glaives, and didn't need pots at all. The Rogue's spells are massively imbalanced. I can easily solo 2 lanes (Havn't tried 3 yet) because of the spells. The teleport behind the enemy spell and blur is useless compared to glaive storm and glaive throw. which do to much damage. Either make the mana cost higher and cooldown longer for them, or nerf them. Playing with computers I'm level 9 and they are only lvl 5. The first boss seems to hard also. If you don't have at least 2 paladins your fucked on it. Playing with fullhouse of computers, on the first boss he killed everyone but me and 1 comp, who was luckily a pally.

Ok, got bored at wave 11. Simply to repetitive. Add more variety of waves, all it seemed like (and was) kill waves of this random creep with heal and mana burn for a bit. Ok now kill this other creep that only slightly stronger with mana burn and heal. Even the 2 bosses I fought had the same spells. Both Summoned A unit. The second spell was different. but not completely. The wave dude has the same spell as glaive storm, just shot waves instead of glaives. Make it different. Make it so that everyone gets karma after a boss fight. Otherwise some dick could sit back, then run up and get the kill, karma, and money, while he did nothing to help. It annoyed me how I was the only one doing anything, then a comp runs up and gets the kill. Couldn't find any major bugs which is good though. After (if you do) adding more items and the spell system and such, maybe upgrade the AI to buy items, since my battle net doesn't work I rely on single player/ AI enabled maps to keep me going.

Anyways there's my suggestions, looking forward to playing the next version

scorpion182

Reaction score
Don't have every creep have the same ability.

i give them random abilities: bash, stun, evasion, mana burn, evenomed weapons, thorns aura, each unit created i give it random ability. :D

Add more variety of waves
ok i'll :)

Make it so that everyone gets karma after a boss fight.
ok i'll :)

Even the 2 bosses I fought had the same spells. Both Summoned A unit. The second spell was different. but not completely. The wave dude has the same spell as glaive storm, just shot waves instead of glaives. Make it different.

do you have any ideas? i run out of ideas :banghead:

and thanks for playing and give me feedbacks :thup:

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I think some of the Mage's skills are too powerful. I got to the Sasquatch (or however you spell it) wave and owned each one with a single spell cast.
I got 80+ Int without items. Ended up with 100+ INT with items, thus 400+ damage to a line. Really powerful. You might want to nerf it slightly xD
Really interesting though, good job!

PS: I was playing Single Player Newbie xD

scorpion182

Reaction score
I think some of the Mage's skills are too powerful. I got to the Sasquatch (or however you spell it) wave and owned each one with a single spell cast.
I got 80+ Int without items. Ended up with 100+ INT with items, thus 400+ damage to a line. Really powerful. You might want to nerf it slightly xD
Really interesting though, good job!

PS: I was playing Single Player Newbie xD

i'll nerf the mage too then :D

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I think the gold gain is too little at the beginning and drastic somewhere near the 1st boss/after. I think maybe you should make the potions slightly cheaper or something :)

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Gold loses its purpose at round 8 or so. Filled inventory with glaives. and never needed pots cause the pallys would heal me. I just stored up gold with nothing to use it on. I even bought the comp rogue 6 glaives and had extra lol

scorpion182

Reaction score
UPDATED!!

Code:
Changelog

v1.0.1
==================
------ FEATURES
- Added new game commands: -cam1/-cam2/-cam3
- Added new line 
- Added mini quests
- Added new items

------ BALANCE
- Reduced Polymorph duration from 10 seconds to 3 seconds
- Increased Glaive Throw mana from 55 to 75
- Increased Glaive Storm mana from 50 to 60
- Increased Glaive Storm cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds
- Increased Fireball cooldown from 12 to 14
- Added new abilities to Obelisk: Healing Wave, Illusion
- Obelisk has hp regen now
- Reduced Madam Irma's Potion cost from 125 to 75
- Reduced Potion of Brilliance cost from 150 to 125

------ OPTIMIZATION
- Optimized skin textures

i'll add more later :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.