Discussion Obtaining 'Hidden' Stats.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
you probably noticed that there is no direct way to interact with some of the stats in the game.

what i'm most interested in is getting / using some of these hidden values in calculations if possible.

i.e.

Can you calculate you're heroes Base Damage (+bonus from damage items / damage by main attribute) without getting into combat?

Is there a way to retrieve the hero/unit's Armor stat?
another thing is Magic Resistance

and another thing is Magic Resistance, is there any way of recording it and increasing or decreasing the value?

i maybe open to ideas concerning storing all data into arrays/hash.
since i'm restarting my map and i'll redo some coding.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
my way is: triggers (almost) everything, data are stored in struct, each unit has a struct attached to it.

these data can be changed via code (well, of course), some of them can't be changed physically, I mean changes can be seen in the info panel. (base attack damage, base armor,... )

but you must do some initialization for these data

anyways, give me your email, I will send you my map, I can't work on it right now but I think it's gonna be, somehow, useful for you :)

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
well, my 'way' is using Damage System by Jesus4Lyf and Armor Utils by Rising_Dusk

Calculate every damage in your map, and when you need to block some damage, use the block function, also you can save every data in some integer value and done.

For the armor just use to return the armor of that unit

13lade619

Reaction score
these data can be changed via code (well, of course), some of them can't be changed physically, I mean changes can be seen in the info panel. (base attack damage, base armor,... )
what about if the unit gains some buffs / items?
change the value 'manually' in the code?..

Calculate every damage in your map, and when you need to block some damage, use the block function, also you can save every data in some integer value and done.

that calculates the damage upon hitting/combat.. so what if you proc some effects?..
what i mean is to calculate the current base damage in then use that value in some way.

i guess every system has its limits then.

i'll try out the ArmorUtils..

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
what about if the unit gains some buffs / items?
change the value 'manually' in the code?..

buffs and items are triggered too
in my map, you will see buffs do nothing but show effects and items have no passive abilties, only active items have active abilities which do nothing also
---
with "my way", you can calculate the damage/armor whenever you want because the data have been attached to the units

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Simple solution: take control of everything. Leave nothing to native WarCraft III.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Use one of these:

-GMSI
-Widgetizer + [lJASS]//!loaddata[/lJASS]
-That one ObjectData tool those guys in wc3c.net are developing

Also using system like UnitProperties for bonus attributes is a good idea, because it allows you to know for example units attack cooldown for things like dynamic evasion and such. With one of above methods you can easily set initial values for all property stucts.

Simple solution: take control of everything. Leave nothing to native WarCraft III.

This is true. Generally you should trigger all you can and use as little normal wc3 stuff as possible. ( Something what Tides of Blood team thaught me. Those guys even trigger normal ranged attacks to make stuff like Blueshift possible )

It is the only real solution, really.

edit. People rarely realize how much is actually possible to do in wc3.

How many of you think that its impossible to make an ability that incereases Heros attack range for a duration?

Well its not. Its just that only crazy guys like Cassiel and Kaz and Tirion and others are ready to go through all the trouble to make it possible.

13lade619

Reaction score
Also using system like UnitProperties for bonus attributes is a good idea, because it allows you to know for example units attack cooldown for things like dynamic evasion and such. With one of above methods you can easily set initial values for all property stucts.

every stat i recorded in the struct have 3 values: (Stat)Base, (Stat)ItemBonus and (Stat)AbilityBonus. so i can get/increase the separate values and get the total too.

People rarely realize how much is actually possible to do in wc3.
yes.. and i am trying to do more of those stuff.. wanna help with the project? :).

Blueshift
dude.. that was imba.. (like the mothership from SC2).
it's like EVERY trigger in the game is linked to that one ability.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
How many of you think that its impossible to make an ability that incereases Heros attack range for a duration?

I made something like this a while back.. I made it using Upgrades though..

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
Well its not. Its just that only crazy guys like Cassiel and Kaz and Tirion and others are ready to go through all the trouble to make it possible.

wow, I just think that's things involving upgrades are impossible, can you give me a link :D or just some hint for this ?

I only thing of a way of using Chaos ability :) but it's not safe :(
---
btw, that Blueshift is really amazing, have they got any "fps drop" due to triggering the projectiles like that ?

13lade619

Reaction score
btw, that Blueshift is really amazing, have they got any "fps drop" due to triggering the projectiles like that ?

i dont think that it's that complicated though.

every projectile has a set value for speed.
that value just gets changed when they enter the Blueshift range..
the logic is simple but VERY hard to implement.

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
I actually have a working version of Blueshift that I want to implement in a map if I ever get around to it.

It was actually really easy to make.

Projectile system + Damage detection + a few object editor changes = Blueshift.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Chaos indeed has some problems, but in controlled envinronment ( All bonuses triggered with UnitProperties, all buffs done with buff system, etc. ) it becomes quite safe way to do cool stuff.

Anyways, here is a link to that gsl script which does pretty muchly the thing you wanna do.

edit. Fuck me. That shit has been updated and its cooler than I remembered.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.