hatersy.jpg

41iiT.jpg

cop1.jpeg

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Here we go...
***SUMMONS NINVA AND VARINE***

Pictures 1-2 look pretty bad. Almost looks setup or something. Were they refusing to move or something? Wish I knew the circumstances.

Pictures 3-4 are whatever though. Emma Watson shouldn't be protesting anyways. XD

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
O give me a break. That's hardly anything at all! Sheesh...

Go watch the Redwood forest preservation protests. They literally held the eyes of the protestors chained to the trees open while they sprayed pepper spray in them.

This is simply an incident of, people wouldn't move, police had to use a mild and reasonable method of getting them out of there. -.-

This is neither unreasonable nor excessive.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
This is horrible and I cant think of a reason that would allow such behavior.

Here's a video where the photos are from:

[video=youtube;WmJmmnMkuEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJmmnMkuEM&feature=share[/video]

Dan

Reaction score
It sucks but they do ask them to move first...

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Yeah! They may refuse to move, but that's no reason to abuse them.
Isn't that... exactly the reason?

according to Bloomberg Businessweek, protesters want more and better jobs, more equal distribution of income, bank reform, and a reduction of the influence of corporations on politics.
They're ironically effectively a corporation trying to influence politics themselves. That aside, they appear to be a bunch of people jealous of the rich. Their demands sound like communism. Fast forward to the hypothetical future where they succeed in bringing their demands, and the students are protesting in favour of liberalising the economic system again.

[YOUTUBE]XJBnHMpHGRY[/YOUTUBE]

I prefer the democratic pepper spraying to the communist army assault. There's always people who are going to be unhappy, asking them to leave and then pepper spraying sounds alright. Why don't the occupy folks move to China? I hear their economy's alright, and there's a more equal distribution of income, and less influence of corporations on politics. Right? :p

Case in point, the places which implement their demands aren't places in which they would wish to live, either.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Occupy Wall Street made some sense. Occupy the street where all the crap is going down and let them know the people are watching, I get that.

But "occupying" random parks and staying overnight? What's the point!? Even on Wall Street they should go home at night because there's nobody to see them.

These pics are real but it's funny because they look fake, like he's shooting them with a laser beam haha. I've seen some articles that that situation (some college campus... really far from Wall Street) is being investigated.

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
Occupy Wall Street made some sense. Occupy the street where all the crap is going down and let them know the people are watching, I get that.
But "occupying" random parks and staying overnight? What's the point!? Even on Wall Street they should go home at night because there's nobody to see them.

If you think this way, it's like saying manifestations are pointless. If they returned home after the day, it would just kill the very purpose of doing it. They want to prove that they're ready to suffer, even tho it's freezing outside. They also show that they're ready to hold their point.

In Montreal, people are still camping in the middle of the city. If the mayor decided to get rid of 'em, it would most probably ruin the mayor's political career (already in a bad state, [corruption ]). It shows that they hold a certain power.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Isn't that... exactly the reason?
Maybe it is. But why the hell spraying people? You see they aren't even violent!
Isn't that fucked up?

Seriously, as long as they’re peaceful, So let the Occupiers stay! Well, even though it might not change anything but they do something
It's better than sitting on the couch and Just complaining. "Can anyone hear Us eh?"

But, the police shouldn't mess with these protesters when it's pretty peaceful. Sure some of the protesters are dumbass and got violent.
There always will be such people. Then sure they should do something about it Before it gets worse. But they should do it on right way.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Seriously, as long as they’re peaceful, So let the Occupiers stay!
FireCat, I, too, thought that way.
But you have to understand that letting so many people stay in parks increases the crime-rate.
This was pointed out to me by a friend who lives in Texas, can't remember what happened =P

Anyways, these people getting 'abused' probably *do* deserve it.
They deserve it until they grow a pair of brains and start working again.

This protest will result in nothing positive.

Like my friend said,
"You and I have nothing to worry about because we're smart enough.
We'll do things in more subtle ways."

Dan

Reaction score
Why would you have to move from a public space that you pay tuition and taxes to fund?

From the video I'm pretty sure they were trying to move a cop car through that way and the protesters sat down in a line to stop them... I pay taxes and tuition also and I would like order to be maintained. I think people forget that when they say "we pay taxes we should be able to do what we want." Other people who pay taxes might be annoyed by you. Do what the cops tell you. There are safe and peaceful ways to protest without being in the way. No matter where you are you will get a news reporter to write about you. Getting pepper sprayed is just an added bonus that you choose to take if you are stupid.

I fully support cohesive and focused demonstrations that are peaceful and law abiding. You can make a big statement and still go where the cops tell you to go and move when they ask you to clear out. If you want to get pepper sprayed or arrested by rebelling against the police, then so be it. They will give you a warning ahead of time. I promise.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I know the police officers are trying to maintain order in there, but why do it with pepper spray? With lots of pepper spray. The protesters were also peaceful.

Dan

Reaction score
This isn't torture but waterboarding is...

I hear a lot of people choose to be waterboarded after they are told to move from a pathway in rebellion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.