Meta Official Headline News Feedback MegaThread

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
EDIT: Yes, Meta prefix flair has been added!!

It's been 10 years. Would like to solicit feedback from newcomers, as well as veterans, on the quality of news articles.

• What articles do you want to see more of?
  • How frequent do you want to see newer news articles?
  • Any other suggestions/opinions?

Thanks.

Last edited:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It's been 10 years since Revenge of the Sith released.

Well, any important article. But I suppose that's subjective.
On the front page I'd say as long as there's at least 3 new big headlines a day.
I dunno, I mean TH isn't a news website, so there's only so much that can go into formatting it until it ends up being an actual news website. So anything important/interesting/quirky/tech-related I think is fine.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I want more funny shit happening in China and Russia. Like coins and chairs exploding and churches and bridges being stolen.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I want more funny shit happening in China and Russia. Like coins and chairs exploding and churches and bridges being stolen.
Times have changed since 10 years ago... I'm still trying to find them.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Controversial shit. We can usually argue over just about any topic, but the good arguments tend to come from controversial issues without a clear-cut right or wrong to either side. The arguments definitely get dumb... really dumb. And repetitive. But it's what keeps me coming back, no matter how dumb they get. So just keep giving us shit to argue about and I won't have any complaints.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, something against human rights; something that we can all agree how awesome it is.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I think we could all agree that the shit China can make explode is fucking awesome.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I guess it's warranted for a 2-years update:

3 new big headlines a day.

I think I'm failing this. Right now it's more like 2 to 5 articles per 2 to 3 days. The new job I got requires more mental exercise so I'm been pretty tired each night I come home. The news lately are more focused on the politics in science and technology. But scattered out, I still spot some hidden gems.

Controversial shit.

Since 2016, the controversial stuffs are mostly politics-related... It's something I was avoiding for a long while since, so I don't know if I should start introducing more political articles.

Yeah, something against human rights; something that we can all agree how awesome it is.

Well, at least the Hong Kong situation is more leaning towards "articles about stuffs against human rights". So, it finally happened I guess.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.