Recipe Official Recipes Index - The Original Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
TheHelper.net Official Recipes Index - ARCHIVE

This is the Original Recipes Indexed and Archived. The Version 2.0 of TheHelper.net Official Recipe Index is here

Starters:

Easy Taco Nachos by Whitesock - Easy and Microwaveable Nacho recipe. Very adaptable and versatile you can really add anything taco or burrito to it. Perfect bachelor food!

French Onion Soup Au Gratin Stuffed Meatballs - Fancy meatballs has a little wine in it even :) This recipe has more ingredients and is not as basic as some of the others in the index.

Crawfish Balls - These Crawfish Balls are chock full of crawfish and deep fried to a golden brown perfection. They taste delicious and are spicy and flavorful.

Bacon Cheeseburger Puffs - A bite sized appetizer with Bacon!

Lasagna Soup - No fancy ingredients just good easy to make comfort food

Pizza:

Bread Pizzas
- Quick and Easy Italian Sandwich bread with tomato sauce, meatballs, mozzarella, parmesan, and cheddar cheese and any other toppings, oven baked to perfection if you can do it :)

Easy Taco Pizza - So easy and so good - Taco Pizza goodness!

Seafood:

Clams and Pasta by Varine - This is probably the most complex dish in this Index it is also probably the best one because it is by a real chef. Clams and good pasta with a delicious sauce.

Shrimp Enchiladas with Creamy Poblano Sauce - Shrimp or Crawfish in a wonderful creamy Poblano Sauce.

Skillet Shrimp Quinoa and Brown Rice - Cast Iron Skillet recipe the first in the Index. An interesting Shrimp Bake.

Mustard Battered Fried Fish - A unique Mustard coating kicks this fried fish recipe up notches! Have you tried using brown mustard?

Casseroles:

Chili Cheese Dog Bake Dinner - Chile Cheese Dogs for the whole family in this versatile pig in a blanket type variation Bake

Hamburger Tator Tot Casserole - Bachelor easy casserole and anything with Tater Tots is going to be good.

Cowboy Cornbread Casserole - Cheap and easy using uncomplicated ingredients makes a fantastic and tasty dish.

Mexican Taco Casserole - Carmelized Bell Pepper and Onion go in with Taco Meat in a Lasagna like layered (Corn, Flour or a mix of Tortillas) in a creamy mushroom, tomato, hot pepper, corn and taco sauce. Lots of Cheese!

Easy Mexican Casserole - Ranch Style beans and crushed chips add a unique flavor and crunch to this twist on a Mexican Casserole

King Ranch Chicken Casserole - Carmelized Bell Pepper and Onion in Lasagna like Layers (Corn, Flour or a mix of Tortillas) Chicken, Tomato, hot pepper and Mushroom sauce - Lots of Cheese!

Pastas:

NEW!!!
Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna - A Chicken and Broccoli version of Lasagna.

NEW!!! Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese - This is not your average weeknight macaroni and cheese. May the cheese pulls be ever in your favor.

NEW!!! Macaroni and Cheese Pizza Bake - The protein here is bacon! Easy to make with common ingredients this is a perfect simple recipe that can be enhanced as you like!

NEW!!! Crawfish Fettuccine - This is a basic recipe from Luxury brand pasta. Nice basic recipe with lots of room for modifications.

Mexican Lasagna - Refried Beans, Lots of Cheese with Green Pepper and Onion, diced tomatos and hot chilis layered in a casserole with Corn or Flour Tortillas, Taco Meat, cheddar cheese and topped with optional Black Olives and Sour Cream. Something you can make and munch on for days.

NEW!!! Lasagne Bolognese - A nice Bolognese Lasagna - this basic recipe has much room for modification but is good just the way it is too!

TheHelper Lasagna - 5 different kinds of cheeses if you want - Mozzarella, Parmesan, Cheddar, Ricotta, and Cottage Cheese. Beef and Sausage Tomato sauce with Mushrooms and Onions. Layered Lasagna Goodness - this is what I make at home.

Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti - Awesome Southern Style Comfort Food with lots of Cheese and just the right vegetables to make this my FAVE!!!

Easy Cheesy Spaghetti - a variation off the Chicken Spaghetti without the meat and vegetables. An excellent vegetarian version of this comfort food classic - that is bachelor friendly and easy to make!

Easy Chicken Tetrazinni - Quick and easy Chicken and Sour Cream Casserole a Southern Comfort Food Classic!

Southern Comfort:

POPULAR!!!
Easy Basic Chicken and Dumplings - This is a basic recipe for some home-made dumplings and sauce that is ready to be kicked up a notch with whatever you want! Good just the way it is too!

Old Fashioned Chicken and Dumplings - This recipe still has the homemade dumplings, but different then the easy ones but it has alot more vegetables and ingredients

The Helper Southern Chicken Alfredo - Bachelor Pasta Sauce with some kick, along with fresh vegetables Rotel makes this southern. Comfort food at its best.

Loaded Chicken Alfredo Casserole - Fresh Vegetables and Herbs are included in this Creamy & Delicious Homemade Sauce

Southern Fried Salmon Patties - Easy Southern comfort food canned salmon recipe

Crawfish Cornbread - Uses Jiffy cornbread mix to make this quick and easy Cajun cornbread!

NEW!!! Pioneer Woman Sausage Gravy - Basic Southern style Sausage Gravy recipe. A Southern Breakfast staple!

Other:

Caesar Chicken Pita by Varine - If you don't mind paying a little more for some more rarely used ingredients - this is a healthy and delicious option and once again it is from a real chef.

NEW!!! Easy Fried Chicken - Homemade batter makes this Easy and Basic fried chicken the whole family will love!

NEW!!! Pot Pie by Varine - A recipe from an actual chef. Everything fresh and home-made except for the pastry part.

Chicken Fajitas - Easy Chicken Fajitas by Danny Cross.

Homemade Chicken Fingers - From Scratch Chicken Fingers by Danny Cross

Desserts:

NEW!!!
Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies - Perfect for the holidays these Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies are hit for any occasion.

NEW!!! Banana Bread - An easy and delicious Recipe for the Holidays or any time!

POPULAR!!! Crock Pot Christmas Crack - A nutty holiday treat! You can really make anytime but this is one of those things you take to a get together.

Blow Your Mind Banana Pudding - Home made Banana Pudding!

Dank Chocolate Brownies - It is Dank Chocolate Brownies! :) by KMilz.

Post your own recipes in this thread if you want us to try them out! Just do not be spammy about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

idk_a_name

ABC GUM :D
Reaction score
Here's something I'd like to call "cereal"

1 Bowl
1 Box of cereal (your choice)
1 Spoon
and Milk

How to Make: Lay out the Bowl then put the CEREAL in first, pour milk till your liking and place in spoon. Wala

lol srry ok for a real recipe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda

Preperation:
Cream shortening and butter with sugars until light. Add peanut butter and eggs; blend well. Sift together the flour and baking soda; stir into creamed mixture. Shape into 2 rolls about 2 inches in diameter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CREDITS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://southernfood.about.com/od/pbcookies/r/bl50827c.htm

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
12 Minute Chicken With Orange Sauce Recipe :)

Ingredients:
4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon leaf tarragon, crumbled
1/8 teaspoon pepper
salt (optional)
1 cup evaporated skim milk

Directions:

Flatten chicken breast halves. Saute in butter in large skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through (about 8 minutes). Remove to platter, cover and keep warm.

In same skillet, saute onion until tender but not browned. Add juice, tarragon, pepper and (if you feel it necessary) salt. Stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly until hot and slightly thickened. Spoon over chicken and serve.

Copyright Link Here

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eggmilk

Although the name sounds gross, it IS good ! :p

For that recipe you need a hand mixer, or else you won't like making it ! It will take too much time.

Here's a picture of the perfect hand mixer for this http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...nt=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&sa=G

PHP:
You need:
 - 1 egg
 - 1½ cup of milk
 - 3 teaspoons of sugar
 - 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Directives :

Break the egg and pour it into a glass in which the hand mixer can enter and move a bit (A large glass).

Next, Add the sugar, the milk and the vanilla extract and mix 'em up altogether using the hand mixer. Make sure it looks smooth and you are ready to drink! (Mix for approximately 2 minutes)

I just like this :p

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Mystery Quesadilla

-two grande sized tortillas
-grated cheese
-peppers in one form or another
-a mixture of leftovers
-salsa

Preheat frying pan for about two minutes on a medium-high setting. Lower to medium temp and place first tortilla on, along with half the cheese. Cover for around one minute until cheese starts to melt (depends on whether you are using cheese from the fridge or warm cheese, just dont put it on too long). Add leftovers, peppers, and salsa (preferrably with salsa mixed in, it will save some mess). Place other tortilla on top, and leave covered for about a minute. Then flip the quesadilla and leave uncovered, remove when desired awsomeness is achieved. 'Gratz, you're done; eat and enjoy.

Tip: Depending on which leftovers you add (don't be picky), your quesadilla will either be messy or firm and easy to eat with your hands. If you get a messy one, a better way to eat is with a fork and knife.

There, that is the recipe for my daily dinner :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I did not pull this off of a website, but rather something I experimented with at home :p

Homemade Cereal Bars

1 Bowl of choice cereal (though Grape Nuts work very well for this, I find)
1 Spoon
1 Jar of honey

Simply take the jar of honey and either spoon it out or pour it and drizzle the cereal. Stir it around with the spoon (you might need a second spoon if you're spooning it out of the jar, since the cereal might stick to the spoon) until it clumps up. Simply repeat until your bowl of cereal is one big cluster of honey and cereal. You can then refrigerate or consume the "bar" then and there.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Enchiladas

Ingredients
1 Tortilla
1 Whole Portobello Mushrooms
1 Can of Black Beans
1 Onion
1 Tub of Sour Cream
1 Stick of Cheese
1 Stick of Butter, used for frying
1 Tbsp of Braggs and Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Leaf of Cilantro
1 Jar of Salsa

Preparation
Cook tortilla on butter till soft. Put Black Beans into pot and heat. Chop Onions and Portobello Mushrooms into pieces. Saute the mushrooms and onions in butter until their soft and tender. Add your Tablespoon of braggs and Balsamic Vinegar, you can add more or less depending on your taste. Wash then cut Cilantro small, stem if you want to, too. Take tortilla off of the stove, put beans at bottom, add mushrooms and onions over the beans. Fold tortilla, apply as much sour cream and salsa as you want. Grate cheese over it, put as much as you want. Sprinkle with Cilantro.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Ed's Power Shake, aka. My Morning Breakfast

1 cup rolled oats
1 scoop whey protein
1 tbsp. peanut butter
2 cups milk
1 packet Splenda

Direc.

use a cofee grinder to grind the oats, puts the oats, whey, peanut butter, splenda and milk into a large cup, use a handle held mixer to mix

Prep time.

2 minutes

Macros.

14g Fat 18%
77g Carbs 41%
70g Protein 41%
681 Calories

Good shit ;)

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW

9 cup Chex
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.

Enjoy!!!

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Well, looks like I'm going to have to be the first person to suggest something HEALTHY!!! unlike Mr. 700 Calorie POWER SHAKE????

Here's something I read for vegetarian mashed potatoes. Normally I'm not a big vegan, but this actually sounded really good. My amounts are off, sorry, but you should be able to estimate the required quantities.

X amount of potatoes - however many you want. You should know roughly how much mash comes outta how many potatoes.

X amount of cauliflower florets - these are going to actually bulk up the potatoes, thus you may be able to get away with less potato.

Vegetable broth (or if you don't want to be completely vegetarian, chicken broth should do).

Extra virgin olive oil.

Boil the potatoes and the cauliflower florets together in a pot until a consistency suitable for mashing. You don't want half cooked crap, so make sure you boil them long enough.

Drain the pot, and mash those suckers but good. Since you're actually mashing cauliflower together with potatoes, you'll want to mash it really good. A food processor might aid you in your quest.

Add broth and olive oil in quantities suitable to smooth out the texture of the mash, and continue to mash. If done right, it should come close to the consistancy of normal mashed potatoes.

Then eat it or throw globs of it at people passing by. Tom Cruise tends to be a good target.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
How to make a pimping sandwich:

Two hot dog buns. Toast until crispy. Use two tops and one bottom so you have a top on top a bottom in the middle and a top on the bottom. Between those put some turkey and lettuce. Cheese if desirable. Damn, I'm drooling.

Or you can just go to subway.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Macaroni Salad ( Yum <3 )

Some noodles, elbows are best though.
Italian Dressing
Cheese
Ham
Any other foods you want to add ( I eat it with ham and cheese ).

Cook the noodles, and then strain them till they are good, then put in the fridge. When cool, chop up the ham and cheese, and add the italian, and the ham and cheese and let cool. Its better if you eat it overnight.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Shake Pancakes

Blueberries
Bannana
Milk
Pancake Ingredients
Blender

Steps
Blend Blueberries, Bannana and Milk untill blended well. Add into pancake mixture. Make pancakes like normal. Yum!

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Grilled Cheese Mk.2

A couple eggs, beaten
Cheeses of many types, I tend to like a 4 cheese blend
A french baguette (a sourdough loaf may suffice, however)
A few strips of bacon
Butter (optional: garlic butter)

Fry the bacon as you would fry any bacon to make it crispy. Set it on a paper towl to get the nasty fat off it. Crumble it into small pieces.

Shred cheeses of all types, put shredded cheeses together. Add bacon and beaten eggs. Mix until all ingrediants are wet.

Spread butter on the baguette. Spread cheese mixture over pieces of bread and broil. You win.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
My recipe...

Taco Nachos!!!

Ingredients-

-Some type of tortilla chips
-Ortega Taco Sauce (mild, medium, or spicy...or your favorite taco sauce)
-Cheese, perferably shredded (I prefer cheddar)
-Any type of taco meat (optional, but recommended)
-Any additional toppings you like on tacos

Instructions-

1. Place chips on a plate. Microwaveable if your lazy like me. :eek:
2. Place taco sauce on first to ancor the meat
3. Taco meat if you have any goes on now, under the cheese
4. You guessed it, cheese next
5. Place additional topings on in any order
6. Heat nachos in a toaster oven, conventional oven, or microwave until cheese starts to melt

Master Melter Instructions-

-Wait until cheese starts to melt, then take out or stop microwaving
-Let sit for a few seconds
-Repeat until cheese just barely melts. It's OK if they aren't completly melted, they'll melt while they cool
-Foolproof on shredded cheese

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Black-eyed peanuts

Recipe for 1 person:
You'll need:
Code:
-a dozen peanuts
-chocolate adding
-cookies
-berries

Put the peanuts in the boiling fray pan, then add the chocolate adding.
Wait around 20 seconds and stop boiling.
Add the berries and cookies.
Serve it hot, it's yummy!!!

I'll bring on more recipes, since in Greece food is favoured :)

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
I could make this recipe every night of the week-fast too:

Steak-um Sandwiches:

I go into the fresh meats section of the grocery store. The one I go to has what they call 'sandwich steaks' -it's a package of 2 thin sliced steaks perfect for well, sandwiches.

So I get those and take em home with a sweet onion, whatever kind of cheese I am in the mood for, and sometimes lettuce or tomato.

I put a skilled on the stove and set it at low heat. Then I put in some red wine, some garlic salt and some pepper. Let that warm a bit then add the thin steaks and some sliced onion and bump up the heat a touch. I usually hit the tops of the steaks with a lil more seasoning too. Brown on both sides...should only take about 2-4 minutes a side. When the steaks are done cooking the onion should be too. Remove steaks from pan-put on buns, top with cheese, add onion and anything else you like.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Multi-Layer Dip!

Requires:
Beans
Cheese
Salsa
Sour Cream
1/2 Avacado, smoshed
Flat Tortilla Shell
Dipping Chips

Preperation:
Heat beans in pan, heat tortilla in oven. Grate Cheese
When they are heated enough, spread beans over tortilla. Apply grated cheese as 2nd layer. Apply salsa and sourcream in layers. Apply mushed avacado as top layer.
Eat with tortilla chips.
Yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.