OMG WOW ripoff

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i just sell money to freinds, i gotta make a living dont i?

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Bartuc08 said:
if u just cheacked it out, didnt u notice that the whole game is now in 3D?, and i sell money on that game actually, 1 million = 10$, because i sell money like that i thoguth whoa, 100gp for 15$!!!! thats a ripoff, but apparently that games economy isnt screwed up

[EDIT] and u cant beat runescape... no matter what itll never happen, u can technically say beating RS (for short) is getting all level 99 in every skills, and doing every single quest that they will ever make, and having every item in the game

Opps thought he was talking about World of Warcraft cause the title was WOW and then some posts had World of Waraft stuff and umm yeah..... 100gp for 15 bucks HELL NO thats a rip! You can get 100gp from killin goblins for about an hour of your time!!! Yes you can beat it. Finish all the quests... i played that a long time ago and i quit once i did all the quests and got bored with the skills. They didnt add much when i played trust me :) when i started i was in the 2D version before they started the 'New' RuneScape game that is 3D ( i will admit its a LOT better now than before and im kinda wondering if i wanna retreive my guy and start again) But i did do all the quests so in my mind i beat it.

Alright WoW is kinda a rip cause its 50 bucks to buy 4 cds that take up tons of space. Also you only get 1 month free for a trial which isnt to long its acually short cause its taken me more than a month to figure out how the most of the damn game works. And then 15 bucks a month or pay 70 for like a year i think, somewhere around there. But the good side is that it makes it so people like me with no life but the games we own have something to do for the next 3 years.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
You know I've noticed something from all the discussions about WoW. The people who have it say it's awesome and will be playing it for awhile. THe people who don't, and have never tried it say "omg WoW ripoff, it sukz0rz teh big one111!!1". If your gonna critisize a game you've never played, go out there and get in depth with it then decide it's a ripoff. :p

TFlan

Reaction score
I do play it! :D I got a lvl 21 mage called Norax if anyone plays and wanna duel or do some quests wit me or trade. BTW im a tailor and enchanter so i will be most trading that has something that will help me in those areas.

I agree with conan, but all the games i critisize i HAVE played.

Anyone play Rose Online?? Or Counter-Strike?? Now those are fun games, but they do have some gliches and Rose Online has thousands of spelling mistakes.

We need a forum for all the other RPG's like WoW, RS, CS, RO, and the rest of em.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Because they have to hire so many people to maintain the infrastructure. There are tons more servers/gateways to look after, plus all the in-game and forum moderators too.

Plus, no company who wants to stay afloat ever says "ok, we've made [this much] money off the public so far, let's stop making money now".

TFlan

Reaction score
Lol....

WoW isnt realy that big off a rip off. I bet most of you havent even played it or youve played it for only a day cause you were at a friends or whatever and you judge what you saw there when the total is that times only god know how much. I mean go to the WoW Offical web site and look at all the features. Its a little steep for price when you start but if you pay in advance you save like 30 bucks.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Maybe if the game was free, I would buy it and pay the monthly fee, thats like buying the same game . . . each month when you already have it pretty much that is like dang money we use that to live incase you never noticed money is valuable, and using it on this particular game is what I would call a good waste of money. Don't get my wrong the game itself is very good and well put together, like damn blizzard created it, it has to be good, but really whos going to pay that much...

BrokenX

TFlan

Reaction score
Well, me and about thousand+ others.

BrokenX

Reaction score
And your conclusion equals not even close to a % on the worlds population so therefore its usuless to pay for such useless fews.

:CLOSED:

BrokenX

L

lordloki

From my own perspective, I've been watching people ebay things off MMO's for years.. Started with EQ. After playing that for 5 years and still seeing people ebay their characters for a ridiculous price, one asks himself.. where do you find such retarded people to buy these things...

When you realize that if you take 2 things that have never been nailed together before, nail them together, some schmuck will buy it from you!

WoW is not a rip-off.. its an MMO. Plain and simple..

I played it in beta, stress1, beta2, stress2, open.

I also did the private beta, when it came time for WoW to go live, I level'd so fast, 1 month was all i needed. I bought 1 pre-paid card, ended up with 2 lvl 60 characters and I was done. My interest peaked long before release.

Remember its what keeps your interest. Appearantly some people are so interested in owning that "uber" baubble that they are willing to spend real money on in game content. More power to the people that market these things. (its called Capitolism).

As for being a rip-off. I wouldnt call it a rip-off.. I'd say its a negative market, designed for backwards play for the individual who only care's about god-modding the events that lay before him, instead of working for it themselves.

In lamense terms, its for people too damned lazy to go play the game themselves and have nothing more important to do with their money!

HAW!~

TFlan

Reaction score
Wow...... very true.

I saw an add for ebay offers, coriosity got me, and i checked it out. They were selling 100g ( WoW ) for only 11 bucks. In the offer it self it said that this was not illegal. So i dont think Blizzard has caught on yet to much of the selling of game items and money. But it seems they dont care about it in Diablo and i think they dont care about it in WoW.

TFlan

Reaction score
Ok, its buggin me. What the heck is MMORPG??? What does it stand for??

Multi Media Open Role Playing Game???

TFlan

Reaction score
Oh... i was close :D

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The way that some of my friends are addicted and how much time they spend on the game it is a deal at twice the price :) Blizzard took the EverQuest idea - set it in Warcraft Universe and expanded on it - WarCrack - play at your own risk :eek:

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Player 11 said:
I do play it! :D I got a lvl 21 mage called Norax if anyone plays and wanna duel or do some quests wit me or trade. BTW im a tailor and enchanter so i will be most trading that has something that will help me in those areas.

I agree with conan, but all the games i critisize i HAVE played.

Anyone play Rose Online?? Or Counter-Strike?? Now those are fun games, but they do have some gliches and Rose Online has thousands of spelling mistakes.

We need a forum for all the other RPG's like WoW, RS, CS, RO, and the rest of em.

my friend plays rose, i read this post and decided to post, hey btw whats the website, ive been meaning to see if rose is all that great, anyway ill go back to reading the other post, and i only critisize games ive played, FINALY FANTASY 8 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

DarthTyranus said:
Cool. What is your username?
stars killer
level 82, woot woot! and yea i play members, its actually kinda cheap only 5$ a month so its not that big of a waste

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.