OMG WOW ripoff

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Hehe, you think it's a ripoff because you have to pay to play? That means Everquest and millions of others are ripoffs as well. What if I ripped the game and made it free, would it be a ripoff then?

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
personally your views on what is a rip off and whats not is different per person, where one person can think "wow! 15$ for all this great stuff" another person can say "WTF! why would i pay 15$ for sumthing that wont change my life (or whatever else excuse they have)" if the game makes me happy and i have the money or resources to play the game, then ill by all means pay and play the game, in this case i do not have enough money to buy the game and then pay 15$ ( is that the price?) a month to keep playing this game

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
The price is 50 bucks (at bestbuy -- might be less now) to buy the 4 cds. 15 buck per month or 70 bucks for a year and i cant remember the 6 month advanced payment.

The Rose Online webs site is: http://www.roseon.com/

Personaly i think it has better graphics that WoW and its free, but the story line needs some work (if there is one) and the small gliches and spelling mistakes realy add up to annoy you.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
thanks for the website

TFlan

Reaction score
Your welcome! :D

Do you know your a special member?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Player 11, The Helper PM's people when they get it. ;) You don't have to go out and find them for it, lol.

Alexander

TFlan

Reaction score
Well it didnt seem like he noticed... so why not tell him? :)

Bartuc08

Reaction score
im no longer special member im tetris god of godessess

TFlan

Reaction score
lol :D :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
...Wow, dude...

*Shakes head, walking away*

Alexander

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
The Helper said:
The way that some of my friends are addicted and how much time they spend on the game it is a deal at twice the price :) Blizzard took the EverQuest idea - set it in Warcraft Universe and expanded on it - WarCrack - play at your own risk :eek:

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA Warcrack. ahhhh, lemme wipe away the tear from my eye! I say, I agree, it's only a rip off if you think it is. So $50 bucks for the game, something like $70 bucks for a year of playing if you pay in advance. You've spent $120 bucks for a whole 365 days of entertainment. And you can have multiple characters so more than one person in your household can enjoy it. Meanwhile, you and your girl go to the movies and between the tickets and munchies you spend $20 bucks. Let's say you only go to the movies just once a month, well for just 12 days of entertainment you have paid out $240 bucks. I don't mind paying the money now cause to me it's still fun, but that's just me :D

L

lordloki

HAW!!! I cannot tell you how many time's I used that argument to get people to start playing EQ... Sony owes me rep money.. I got at least 30 people addicted...

I may have to change my name to Lordloki, Eq Dealer.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
uhh what if u sneak munchies into the theatre? they seriously dont care, one time we snuck subway into the theatres, lol, mmm subway, anyway yea if u have the money/resources/ and it make su happy , hell go for it! but if u dont like it and ur still paying, then yea uts a rip off, but whos dumbass fault is that? and about the EQ and WoW, its about the same with Diablo 1/2 (1/2 = 1 or 2) and runescape, they are about the same, only runescape doesnt have a part where u can beat the game, so in a way, runescape will rake in more money, but about the selling items things, if an idiot is willing to pay 15$ for 100gp then let him, hell from the looks of it i might have to get Wow and make a little profit myself.

1JadedJen

Reaction score
LOL that's funny LordLoki (did I ever tell you how much I like your name? hmmm...Loki....but, you don't seem to be as much of a trouble maker as your namesake....anyway....) I am sure if you wrote into Sony they would tell you how happy they are you loved the game so much you were willing to do some volunteer work in recruitment LOL

EDIT: I remember when we were little, Ryoko and I were taken to go see the second care bears movie (hey! I SAID we were little!) and my mom snuck in Mcdonalds. We got thrown out of that theater so fast!

Bartuc08

Reaction score
well the perosn that tore the tickets in half and told us what theatre to go to was slightly retarded (seriously) so i dont think he cared , are mom used her bag of infiniate holding (a.k.a. purse)

L

lordloki

Well I try to behaive myself as much as I can when in the domain of others. However, come play in my backyard.... Then I make my namesake look infantile. :D!

1JadedJen

Reaction score
That's funny, well, *holds up glass* My hats off to you for succeeding in enjoying your subway in a theater instead of having to settle for stale popcorn and over-syruppy soda :D

Bartuc08

Reaction score
and my hat goes off to u and ryoko for watching the 2nd care bears movie, while enjoying stale popcorn and ovrsyrupy coke

L

lordloki

Oh thats right... was this intentional? Please tell me you were being a sucker for a chick... at least that I can understand. :D

1JadedJen

Reaction score
Bartuc08 said:
and my hat goes off to u and ryoko for watching the 2nd care bears movie, while enjoying stale popcorn and ovrsyrupy coke

HAHAHA yes that does take courage eh? But at least we got kicked out 20 minutes into it. Sad thing is though, I remember at the time bein so upset cause I really wanted to see that movie! I think we ended up renting it when it came out on VHS.....or rather, I think back then we had a BETA machine :rolleyes:
Lordloki - If you are asking that intentional question of me, my brother and I were like under 10 and were with our mom.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.