Spell Omnislash

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
A DotA-like Omnislash, made in GUI (new JASS vers. available).

Import Difficulty: Low

Units Affected:
Enemy, ground

Target Type: Single unit - Enemy, ground, organic

Spell Info
:

Quickly move around the battlefield, slashing many enemies. The caster becomes invulnerable.

Level 1 - Attacks 3 times.
Level 2 - Attacks 5 times.
Level 3 - Attacks 8 times.

omnislashfx4.jpg

DL the map:

Attachments

• Omnislash.w3x
    25.1 KB · Views: 5,028
  • Omnislash (JASS version).w3x
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,586

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
I do not want to discourage you, my friend, but this spell is getting very common :(

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I agree with R@d14nc3.
But the spell looks nice! (And I know the original, from Dota Allstars, is nice as well)

But isn't Omnislash Cloud's final Limit Break? ;)

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
I do not want to discourage you, my friend, but this spell is getting very common

I guess your right lol. The only Omnislash I've seen that's decent on the internet is one of emjlr3's on wc3sear.ch, but that's in JASS. So, I decided to make one in GUI, that works the same way as emjlr3's and the one in DotA, but in GUI, not JASS like emjlr3's. This is simply because there are more people out there who are better at GUI than JASS, thus making me want to make this spell in GUI :D. And it can be converted to JASS and made multienstanceable as well. I was originally going to make it in JASS.

But isn't Omnislash Cloud's final Limit Break?

I think so. Pretty sure Omnislash was from FF7. Thx for the comment btw =)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Nice work, but yes, its getting old.:p

Anyway, I suggest removing the
Code:
If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 1) then do (Set loops = 2) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 2) then do (Set loops = 4) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 3) then do (Set loops = 7) else do (Do nothing)[B]/ 2/4/7. By the way, your tooltip says 3/5/8 :)[/B]
with this
Code:
Set loops = (1 + (2 x (Level of Omnislash  for o)))[B]/ 3/5/7, which is almost as similiar, but shortens the code.:)[/B]

Also, the spells does too much damage, but that is not a flaw. ;)
Code:
Unit - Cause o to damage p, dealing (Random real number between [B]150.00[/B] and [B]250.00[/B]) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I think so. Pretty sure Omnislash was from FF7. Thx for the comment btw =)

-What I meant about this was that "Dota" (Dota Allstars) gets credits from people who don't know what Omnislash is ^^
If you know what I mean? :p

EDIT: Nothing bad on you. By the way, I just wanted to make that clear to everyone who doesn't know! ^^

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Nice work, but yes, its getting old.:p

Anyway, I suggest removing the
Code:
If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 1) then do (Set loops = 2) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 2) then do (Set loops = 4) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 3) then do (Set loops = 7) else do (Do nothing)[B]/ 2/4/7. By the way, your tooltip says 3/5/8 :)[/B]
with this
Code:
Set loops = (1 + (2 x (Level of Omnislash  for o)))[B]/ 3/5/7, which is almost as similiar, but shortens the code.:)[/B]

Also, the spells does too much damage, but that is not a flaw. ;)
Code:
Unit - Cause o to damage p, dealing (Random real number between [B]150.00[/B] and [B]250.00[/B]) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal

I know my tooltip says 3/5/8, and it does attack 3/5/8 times, as the first attack made to t is counted as an attack, thus doing the loops after that which gives the loop's those values, and thus making yurnero attack the correct amount of times. Did you test the spell? Or just look at my trigger? If you tested it, you will find that yurnero does attack the corrected amount of times. If you just took a brief look at my trigger, then you will lead yourself to confusion, like you just have.

And, about the damage that the spell does - IceFrog posted me a trigger of his Omnislash for DotA (one from v6.32b; he said he hadn't changed much in the Omnislash he has now, excluding the damage), and the damage that yurnero caused in that was a random real number between 150 & 250, just to let you know. So, that's why I've made my GUI Omnislash deal that damage to. And to make mine very similar to DotA's as well.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think SFilip did a spell like this already, but in JASS :p

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score

As I've already said before, I made a version of Omnislash in GUI that works the same way as DotA's, which is in JASS. Simply because more people know how to do more things with GUI than they do with JASS.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I did? :eek:
You must've confused me with kc or emjlr.

Anyway the spell...
Why do you need EG[2]? From what I see you are only checking the number of units in it which can be done with the same effect with EG[1] as well.

You might also want to change that damage so that it would be level-dependant. Also you can move the two destroy actions after the If..Then instead of making them twice.
Apart from that GJ, nice to see this in the index.

Darius34

Reaction score
Hmm. All the code in the final else statement can be placed outside the if block. Other than that, very nice clone. I don't see any leaks.

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
Nice 'version' but:

It does a set damage, instead of the hero actually attacking the unit.
This means:

- No benefit from +damage bonuses such as items.
- No benefit from passive skills, such as Critical Strike.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Nice 'version' but:

It does a set damage, instead of the hero actually attacking the unit.
This means:

- No benefit from +damage bonuses such as items.
- No benefit from passive skills, such as Critical Strike.
I just wanted to clear this up..

Yes, it does do a set amount of damage. BUT the caster is NOT paused during Omnislash which means:

-Benefit from +damage bonuses such as items.
-Benefit from passive skills, such as Critical Strike.

This also means that you were totally wrong :eek:

:rolleyes:

BornToBeMe

Reaction score
i would like to add that in my map but every spell i try to copy doesnt work :banghead: because i dont know how :confused: if any1 could tell me what i need to copy or something like that pls thx in advance

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
it is imparative that you read the directions, if you cannot do that, maybe you should try to make it yourself, or find a new hobby

turok255

Reaction score
Born, do you copy the variables also?

and if you do you need to amke sure they have EXACTLY the SAME name

D

Dreyfuss

Hey, I'm sure I could figure it out with enough work but just because I'm feeling a bit lazy, anyone know how to edit this spell so it does the same kind of effect but rather than a number of attacks per level, it attacks every enemy within a certain radius of where the caster began once? Like a giant warstomp without the stun, and with the Omnislash graphics :p

N

NieBla

Drayfuss: why don't you make t (the variable for the first target unit) equal to G[1] (Every unit within 600 range and bla bla bla) and erase the rest of the trigger, exept the part that o damages t with attack type hero bla bla bla and of course you must make the animation of the attack of o on the new t.

I hope this helps ^^.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.