Template On Attack Template 1.30

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score

Customize test map settings in the Grimoire menu. Some time ago when I sent a demo map to a friend (who didn't have NewGen), he was unable to test it in WC3 because it showed nothing (instead of a list of player slots, it was completely blank). I enabled Use Custom Forces (since it specifically says in the Test Map Settings that custom test map settings won't work unless Use Custom Forces is disabled.

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
Hey dude.....its still not opening up.....please fix the problem flare said.
Also could you explain how does you system work?
I mean what security checks does it make before declaring a damage as an attack damage ?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
you need newgen to use this, whether oyu want to test it or not, I assure u it works, but u need newgen to use it, so get it!

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Cool system, but it isn't extremely accurate :p

I decided to go out of my way and test what would happen if I was able to cast a damaging spell on the target unit before the projectile hit (using a slow moving projectile, but just enough speed to allow it to reach target before the 2 sec window expired :p). The effects procced on Chain Lightning hit, and nothing occured on the attack projectile hit :(

But, that's a fairly unlikely circumstance since 1) what kind of unit will have a 400 speed projectile and 2) what kind of unit will have 0.000 backswing time, in your average map.

And what exactly does On_Attack_Template_Function do, or is that only used within the system?

emjlr3

Reaction score
Cool system, but it isn't extremely accurate :p

I decided to go out of my way and test what would happen if I was able to cast a damaging spell on the target unit before the projectile hit (using a slow moving projectile, but just enough speed to allow it to reach target before the 2 sec window expired :p). The effects procced on Chain Lightning hit, and nothing occured on the attack projectile hit :(

But, that's a fairly unlikely circumstance since 1) what kind of unit will have a 400 speed projectile and 2) what kind of unit will have 0.000 backswing time, in your average map.

And what exactly does On_Attack_Template_Function do, or is that only used within the system?

there is an example in the map, check it out

I love this!
May I use this system in my map?

thats kind of the point...

emjlr3

Reaction score
that has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard LoL

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Heh.
I've seen a person get pissed at me for using a system they posted with out asking permission.
I tend to make my own now.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I really don't want to go into detail.
Anyhow, I'm going to use this.
Fin.

emjlr3

Reaction score
very strange, I made update this to include a neat change someone suggested at wc3c, beware

emjlr3

Reaction score
basically ,just adding an orb ability that is added on attack and removed on damage, to remove the chance that other damage could trigger it, which can be the case if you have a short attack animation and a slow moving missile

Nathan0093

Reaction score
Can you please make another demo (Jass or GUI it doesnt matter) that shows how to get the damage taken and apply it again to the attacked unit? A simple example I could think of would be when a unit hits another unit from behind it would deal extra damage proportional to the damage dealt. This would help a great deal ;)

emjlr3

Reaction score
there is such a demo trigger, it does not do that exact thing, but if you cannot figure it out from there, you need to read more tutorials in JASS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.