Campaign ~{-[One War]-}~ The War has only just begun.

What do you think of One War? What race do you like?

• It Is Pure AWESOME!!!

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • It's an awsome idea!

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I like it! keep up the good work!

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • It's meh, but it has potential

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • It's just bad.. god why did you make this.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Crusaders

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Dragonics

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Sages

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Outcasts

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
One War
Here is an estimated progress:

OneWarPercentFinished-2.jpg

Today's Announcements: MINI BETA 0.03 RELEASED!
Ok it's all done and optimized, adds alot of bug fixes/balances and ability's. Here's what has been changed.

0.03 Bug/Balance Fixes:
-The loading screen had 0.01, when it was supposed to be 0.02, this has been fixed.
-The Sages and Outcasts were playable and not finished, if you play as them you now lose the game.
-The Dragonics Tankier hatching time has been fixed to a more appropriate wait. Previously in 0.01 it's time was very long because it used to be a super unit, this is not the case anymore.
-The Crusaders ability's were not finished in 0.02 but still said they had them in the tooltip, the abilitys are now implemented.
-The Assassin previously was very Over Powered because i had little time to make 0.01, this has now been fixed and has very low hp but fast regen. Also, it is not spawned as a squadron anymore, it is trained as one unit and is limited to only 1 unit. Price has been reduced.
-Building and unit sizes have been fixed.
-The Dragonic Eggs or should i say building method has been redone and now instead of "Building" eggs you deploy them with ability's.
-Dragonic egg hatch timer added, now you will be able to see how long until an egg hatches.
-Dragonic egg spawning rate fixed, now you have a cool down after you have spawned an egg, this encourages Dragonic players to make more Dragon Mothers and Female Dragons.
-Crusaders tool tips have been fixed, a few were missing.

NOTICE:
All of the Crusaders buildings and units models are placeholders, when i have time you can go to this thread and it will show the concepts for the upcoming models. These models will be made in time if i find a person willing to make them. This is the same for some Dragonic models.

NOTE: Even though in the loading menu it says terrain made by thewrongvine IT IS NOT MADE BY HIM, he was going to but he has not replied yet so i released this early with the terrain i made.

One War Mini Beta 0.03 Optimized:
http://rapidshare.com/files/158265603/One_War_Mini_Beta_0.03_Optimized3.w3x.html

Yesterday's Announcements: MINI BETA 0.01 RELEASED!
Good news! The One War Mini Beta has been released today for testing, when you play it please remember this is an earlier release then i thought, so alot of things are not finished. Also note that the models used are defenently not final. Here it is, ive made the Mini Beta, it is protected and only has a very simple Crusaders AI. The terrain is not that great but that will be fixed later. Please tell me what you feel of it, if it's crap tell me it's crap i can handle it, if anything it's a good thing cos then i can improve on it. Give me a list of positives and negetives and thats it. Have fun! P.S If you don't understand how to play or what to do tell me, this Mini beta only features Dragonics and Crusaders, but ive got some cheats which gives you some Outsider units and Sage units. Heres some cheats: Chicken Dung, KFC, Outcasts Rule, and thats it. Have Fun! EDIT: The link was deleted due to old version, scroll up to the newest version, 0.02.

Today's Announcements: Mini BETA 0.02 Released!
Good news! The One War Mini Beta 0.02 patch has been released today due to lots of bugs i found, it fixes the Crusaders AI, the Dragonic Tankiers price, a mistake where i left a dragon mother and bounty hunters on the map (i was testing them), and some other minor imbalances. When you play it please remember this is an earlier release then i thought, so alot of things are not finished. Also note that the models used are defenently not final. Here it is, ive made the Mini Beta, it is protected and only has a very simple Crusaders AI. The terrain is not that great but that will be fixed later. Please tell me what you feel of it, if it's crap tell me it's crap i can handle it, if anything it's a good thing cos then i can improve on it. Give me a list of positives and negetives and thats it. Have fun! P.S If you don't understand how to play or what to do tell me, this Mini beta only features Dragonics and Crusaders, but ive got some cheats which gives you some Outsider units and Sage units. Heres some cheats: Chicken Dung, KFC, Outcasts Rule, Sages Rule, and thats it. Have Fun!

Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/155391792/One_War_Mini_Beta_Protected_0.02.w3x.html

15/10/08 Notices:

Hey this is a re post of my original One War post, I have updated lore, and the good news is that the beta will soon be out! the beta will include 5 missions, with one for each race (including an extra map for the new campaign race), 5 skirmish maps and 1 Online map that will only include the Crusader race (the maps are so darn big i had to take alot out, i will later make it without so many models).

16/10/08 Notices:

Hey i updated the Progress Picture and added a Trigger bar, i put up a poll for everyone, it asks if you like the idea of one war and which is your favourate race. Please do not do more then two selections (one for if you like the idea and one for the race). I Shall make a tech tree picture soon for the Crusaders.

Yesterday's Notices:
A few people did not understand the campaign and skirmish races and thought there were 12 races, this is wrong and maybe i should of been a little more clear. There are 4 races, the Crusaders, the Dragonics, The Sages, and the Outcasts. These races are the core races of the story that play the important role in the game, they are also the only playable races. The Campaign races are side races that cannot be played but play an important role in the campaigns story. Just think of the Campaign races as the Naga of frozen throne, they are part of the story but not a playable race.

Today's Notices:
Progress on the project is going very well, im mainly focusing on the Outcasts. Beta is only around the corner, lets hope it can get to that stage soon. I have updated the races unit names, added 4 outcast units, and updated the layout of this thread to make it look better, hopefully i can get some pictures up, but i will need to get a terrainer first.

About One War

One War is based in an Opposite Dimension of Warcraft 1, where the Orcs were wiped from existence, and the humans have changed drastically. There are four races, The Crusaders, The Outcasts, The Dragonics and the Sages. Each race is very unique and different from the races in Warcraft 3. One War will feature an Epic campaign with up to 30 missions each Race (yes very big and the story is so epic i have actually wrote up a book which explains the lore further) including an extra campaign race called the Mold (name is still changing).

Why should you look forward to One War?
Here are some points why:

1. Each race has unique building methods. (Crusaders build normally, Dragonics lay eggs, Sages summon Auras, and Outcasts are not decided YET)

2. The Campaign has an Epic story with 30 missions each race.

3. The battles are intense and you need quick thinking and fast micro to win.

4. All races are very unique and are no where near like each other.

5. Awesome and interesting naval battles, One War uses naval warfare like no other project!

6. Giant dragons, Corrupted Humans, Courageous Fighters, and Demonic Hell hounds, it is all here in One War.

7. The War has only just begun, i shall be making more campaigns based on the One War universe and i am dedicated to making this project become a reality.

The following Story is old i shall redo it later but read anyway because it is closely based to the new one:

The story starts with the Crusaders Kings brother, Falcon. He has been sent into a dark forest above the Kingdom of the Seventh Kings. He was aided with a Battalion of Soldiers. As he gets deeper into the Dark forest he is Ambushed by a Dragonic Squadron, which is unusual because the Dragonics were sought to be Extinct. He Sends a letter to a young boy named Seth. Seth is given a quest to end the upcoming war that Falcon sees in the upcoming future. In the meantime border scouts on the beach have sent the king a warning of huge numbers of half human, half dragon soldiers marching from the dark forests to the shores of the Kingdom of the Seventh Kings. This alarms the king so he sends an army to protect the shores and sets up a military base on a nearby island for ship bombardment from the seas.

The Crusaders now battle for months with the Dragonics until mysterious Wizards and Hell hounds sail to the battles from the sea, Demons, Elementals, Magical Auras, Wizards and more demonic creatures are dropped off the shores and decimate the kingdom. Portals pop out of nowhere and Demons destroy the Dragonic Villages. They conquer the lands and announce them selfs as the Sages. Their victory does not last long though, not too long after, a rebellious group of Crusaders called the Outcasts retake the lands and support the Crusaders back to their powerful glory. That is the most i can tell you, if you would like to know the rest of the story, wait for this campaign to come out =)

One War is like nothing you've ever played, each race has unique building methods, and very unique ability's. This will also feature Skirmish/Online Play maps so you can enjoy the Mystical Races of One War against a Computer or Online! Here is some information on each race:

Skirmish Races:

OneWarRacesPercentageFinished.jpg

Crusaders:
Lore:
The Crusaders are the whole worlds human population formed together, they once were split factions but in the end, war after war, they finally found peace and united as the holy Crusaders that now rules the world. They are a race with great pride and courage, they use weaponry like swords and axes, and very rarely use magic unless used for mind control. The Crusading Kingdom was a very peaceful place until some group of peasants rebelled and named themselves the "Outcasts". These rebellious group caused trouble and destruction, they even stole food and supplies from their stock. The problem is still happening today and the more attacks they unleash, the more people join their cult.
Building Method:
Normal

Unit Production Method:
Normal

Sea Support: Yes

Land Support: Yes

Air Support:
Really unsure at the moment

Tiers: 4 or 3, not sure yet

Sea Units:

Razors
Tier: 1
Description: Fast amphibious Turtles, perfect for raiding bases early game but there weakness is that they have very low health.
Lore: The sea turtles were used in desperate attempts to invade military fortifications early in combat. They are fast, strong and amphibious but have low health making them vulnerable to higher tier units. Some of the mightiest Crusader Magicians put mind control spells on them and they have become a huge military success ever since.

Oil Tanker
Description: Small boats used to collect oil from Oil Derick's on the beaches shore. The oil is then traded for Gold. Weak and Vulnerable to attacks.
Lore: These boats were created for economical purposes. The Oil Tankers were created in times of desperate needs of Gold, since Lumber was not buying very high in the market, the Crusaders started to Drill for Oil in Oil Platforms scattered on the Beach Shores and in the Deep seas.

Craner
Description: Craners are used for Naval Operations on the Seas, they create Sea Buildings.
Lore: Craners were created for Naval Operations on the Seas, Usually to build Large War Ships to Bombard the Shores.

Weeder
Description: The Weeder is a specialized Boat that can take down trees with there fire cannons, after they burn down the tree they extract any remaining Lumber (Lumber received is random and they can be used as a lumber drop off)
Lore: The Weeder is a specialized Boat that was created to take down trees with there automated fire cannons, after they burn down the tree they extract any remaining Lumber which is usually a random number. The Crusaders had to use these to burn down trees on the beaches fast, that way they could easily get any remaining Lumber.

Fishing Boat
Description: Fast and small, these wooden little boats go fishing in the sea for food. (As long as its alive it gives 2 food)
Lore: Fishing boats have been used ever since the rise of the Crusaders. They were created for economical purposes, especially since food was running low they needed a quick way to get food that was cheap and efficient. So they created the Fishing Boats.

Aquabear
Tier: 1.5
Description: Slow and Amphibious, these Large Bears are used to tank there ways through the seas, Military Reports from the Crusaders say they are great to use with Razors.
Kingbdogz Battle Report: These guys are not that great for doing damage, but trust me they are awesome tankers, and since they're Amphibious they can be used on the Land as well, i recommend using these with either Razors on Sea or Rangers on Land (or if your on a high tier use Beserkers supported with Aquabears on land).
Lore:

Cannon Ship
Description:
Lore:

Transport Ship
Description:
Lore:

Galleon
Tier: 2
Description:
Lore:

Frigate
Tier: 3
Description:
Lore:

Froggith
Tier: 2.5
Description:
Lore:

Assault Dolphin
Description:
Lore:

Shark
Tier: 4
Description:
Lore:

Land Units:

Slave
Description:
Lore:

Bounty Hunter
Description:
Lore:

Guardian
Description:
Lore:

Nighthawk (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Ranger (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Berserker
Description:
Lore:

War Bear
Description:
Lore:

Sickler (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Spy
Description:
Lore:

Forger (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Assassin (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Knight (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Catapult (Name may change)
Tier: 3.5
Description:
Lore:

Onager (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Acid Thrower (May be canceled)
Description:
Lore:

Engineer
Tier: 3.5
Description:
Lore:

Air Units:

(I am still decided whether the Crusaders will have air, but if they do, they will only have 2 which will be:

War Blimp
Description:
Lore:

Assault Airship
Description:
Lore:

Buildings:

Foundation
Description:
Lore:

House (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Barracks
Description:
Lore:

Lumber Mill
Description:
Lore:

Gold Mine
Description:
Lore:

Scout Tower (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Blacksmith
Description:
Lore:

Archery Range
Description:
Lore:

Stable
Description:
Lore:

Spy Academy
Description:
Lore:

Town Castle
Description:
Lore:

Sea Buildings:

Dock (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

Breeding Cage
Description:
Lore:

Sea Tower
Description:
Lore:

War Bay (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:

(At the moment there isn't many Sea Structures but i may add many more in future)

Dragonics:
Lore:
The Dragonics are a race of war and blood, they have no feelings for others sake, even in there own race they fight. The Dragonics are split into tribes and know little to no English, apart from English they have their own Tribal language to communicate better with their own kind. These Dragon/Human beings walk on hind legs and use tanking as a main strategy in their army's arsenal. They have been fighting with the Crusaders for what has been guessed 400 years, in which that time they both destroyed each others city's and kingdoms. The War was started when the Dragonics killed a huge establishment. There one goal in life is simple: Protect the Mother Dragons and KILL ALL HUMANS.
Building Method:
Mostly Normal but sometimes your buildings are giant units (For Example a Dragon Mother)

Unit Production Method:
You must lay eggs with the Dragon Mother then they create Female dragons which can create eggs with Male Dragons, this can take a while so in return Dragonics are VERY powerful units and can decimate huge amounts of units with only a small group.

Land Support:
Yes

Air Support:
Yes

Tiers: 6

Sea Units:
(Will update Later)

Land Units:
Dragonic Spawn (Name may change)
Description:
Lore:
Builds From:
Dragon Mother

Female Dragon
Description:
Lore:
Builds From:
It hatches out of an egg which the Mother Dragon creates.

Male Dragon
Description:
Lore:
Builds From:
It hatches out of an egg which the Mother Dragon creates.

Dragonic Tankier
Description:
Lore:
Builds From:
It hatches out of an egg which the Female Dragon creates.

Dragonic Blader
Description:
Lore:
Builds From:

Dragonic Spear Thrower
Description:
Lore:
Builds From:

Dragonic War Miner
Description:
Lore:
Builds From:

Mutated Spawn
Description:
Lore:
Builds From:
It cannot be built, when a Mutated Egg is destroyed four more mutated spawn eggs pop out, 6 seconds later if they are still alive the eggs hatch into two Mutated Spawn each.

(More To Come)

Air Units:
(Will update Later)

Buildings:

Dragon Mother
Description:
Lore:
Built From:
Cannot be built, you have to "Upgrade" a Female Dragon into a Mother Dragon.

Mutated Egg
Description:
Lore:
Built From:
Male Dragon

Mutated Spawn
Description:
Lore:
Built From:
It cannot be built, it's an egg that pops out of a Mutated Egg when it is destroyed.

(Will update more later)

Sea Buildings:
(Will update Later)

Outcasts:
The Outcasts are a rebellious group of humans who have rebelled against the Crusaders Empire. They originally were a group of peasants who had been tortured and slaved for nearly 40 years, the slaves got rebellious and started a cult called the Outcasts. The Outcasts at first just learned how to sneak around stealing food, but it got a lot more complicated. They learned how to rip their souls out of their body's, they got better and better until they could wander outside their body's and sneak and scout Crusader outposts. Once they mastered it to the fullest, they started to grow powerful and learn dark magic. This dark magic aloud their souls to get into the religious realm and visit hell. In hell they learned dark powers so dangerous that they corrupted the Outcasts. So much in fact that they were no longer human when they got back onto their earth bound body's.
Building Method:
Normal

Unit Production Method:
Normal

Sea Support:
Yes

Land Support:
Yes

Air Support:
Yes

Tiers: 5

Sea Units:

(Will update later)

Land Units:

Puppeteer
Description: Puppeteers are great versatile units that act as suicidal units. When they attack a unit the attacked unit keeps it's team colour but reverts to the players control, in the process losing the Puppeteer. They can only attack light units and cannot attack workers.
Lore:

Infiltrator
Description: Infiltrators are permanently invisible but cannot attack, their only ability is to disable enemy defenses for 25 seconds (Towers etc).
Lore:

Tamer
Description: Tamers are a very cool unit to play around with, they cannot attack but instead they can take over neutral units and convert them to demonic units. The limit of neutral units converted allowed is 2 per Tamer.
Lore:

Swarmer
Description: Swarmers are like the spell casters of the Outcasts. They can create spiders that eat flesh alive (can only attack organic), the Swarmer can convert itself into a Swarm Mound which regularly spawns swarms of giant wasps (can only attack air units and buildings). It can also create diseases and spy bugs:

Grumble Disease: Makes a targeted light unit explode after 20 seconds
Acidity Cloud: Burns the flesh off of a targeted Organic unit, making the skeleton a neutral hostile.
Leech: A leech that sticks onto a target and sucks the mana out of the unit. The leech is invisible and cannot be taken off unless victim is killed. Owner of leech does not have vision.
Parasitic Flash: A Parasite that gives vision of the targeted unit to the parasites owner. It acts like a spy.
Lore:

Air Units:
(Will update Later)

Buildings:
(Will update Later)

Sea Units:
(Will update Later)

Sages:
Lore:
The Sages are a very complex race. They use magic and have no feelings, but not as the Dragonics do. Their feelings for others is neutral, they will not attack unless something is off balance or of a threat to the world. The Sages have their problems though, at one stage, some people split into two sides. The Corrupt and The Eldar. The Corrupt are a dark and mysterious faction, they use powerful dark magic and will harm anything in their way, they use powerful magic to corrupt objects and turn them against themselves. The Eldar are the complete opposite and use light and peaceful magic. The TRUE Sages are both these factions together, but if they ever need to use these factions beliefs for military purposes, they are always ready to adapt.
Building Method:
Normal

Unit Production Method:
Normal

Air Support: Yes

Tiers:

Sea Units:
Not updated yet, check later.

Land Units:

Not Updated yet, check later.

Air Units:

Buildings:

Sea Buildings:

Campaign Races:

The Mold:
The Molds Info is coming soon.
Building Method:
Not decided yet but it will be like there is no buildings it is just one huge queen that builds units and so forth.

Unit Production Method:
Not decided yet but it will be like there is no buildings it is just one huge queen that builds units and so forth.

Air Support: Unsure at the moment

Tiers: Not sure yet

Sea Units:

Land Units:

Air Units:

Buildings:

Sea Buildings:

The Eldar:
The Eldars Info is coming soon.
Building Method:
Normal

Unit Production Method:
Unsure

Sea Units:

Land Units:

Air Units:

Buildings:

Sea Buildings:

The Corrupt:

The Corrupts Info is coming soon.
Building Method:
Normal

Unit Production Method:
Unsure

Sea Units:

Land Units:

Air Units:

Buildings:

Sea Buildings:

Hell Counsel:

The Hell Counsels Info is coming soon.
Building Method:
Normal

Unit Production Method:
Unsure

Sea Units:

Land Units:

Air Units:

Buildings:

Sea Buildings:

I will regularly update this page until it is up to date.

Give feedback and even criticizem would be good, because anyway to improve the story or anything is just what i need. And overall i need SUPPORT, id really appreciate it because usually when i create a map i always get stumped or not many people support it so i give up. But i guarantee i will finish it will your support. Pictures will be posted when i feel the Races are polished enough. I think im about 60% done. Also if anyone would like to help me create this campaign, please feel free to post a message on this thread and i thank you for your help.

HELP NEEDED!
I really need help with this, overall production of the races is very slow and it's hard to grind through and polish units and get nearly no where. Here is the people i need:

1. A Terrainer
2. A Unit designer
3. A Cinematic Creator

Even just a cinematic creator would help me so much. Thanks in advanced.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Update!

I would just like to make a summary of the changes that have happened since the last thread. There is whole lot of new name changes to make them sound more interesting and fit their lore alot more.

Pikeman = Nighthawk
Swordsman = Guardian
Blademaster = Sickler
Slave Ship = Craner
Sea Turtle = Razor
Sea Bear = Aquabear

There is more but i am not on my war3 comp atm so i can't tell you yet (i will update later)

Also i have now started the outcasts! They are truley an awesome stealthy race.

Just some units:
Puppeteer = Tier 1
Infiltrator = Tier 1.5
Swarmer = Tier 1.5
Tamer = Tier 2

I have and shall stick to my word about the unique building methods, but im really stumped on this one and im not sure what building method i could use, could anyone help out? So far here are some ideas i thought of:

1. The workers place a small invisible beacon instantly and then it has a timer, when the timer ends a hang glider comes swooping down and places a building which then builds itself in 5 second, this way your buildings are not on the battle field and cannot be attacked while being built.

2. Im not sure if this one could be done but the idea is that the worker can select the type "House" then select the target, if the target area is made out of sand it will make a sand formed house, if it's water it will make a water formed house.

so whats your opinions guys?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Bump!

So anyone got some ideas of my last thread?
i said:

"I have and shall stick to my word about the unique building methods, but im really stumped on this one and im not sure what building method i could use, could anyone help out? So far here are some ideas i thought of:

1. The workers place a small invisible beacon instantly and then it has a timer, when the timer ends a hang glider comes swooping down and places a building which then builds itself in 5 second, this way your buildings are not on the battle field and cannot be attacked while being built.

2. Im not sure if this one could be done but the idea is that the worker can select the type "House" then select the target, if the target area is made out of sand it will make a sand formed house, if it's water it will make a water formed house.

so whats your opinions guys?
"

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Have you not put a triggering section yet? Triggers are important in development. Or, is it in gameplay?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
OH my bad i thought you meant a section to show my triggers, yes the game play section is the triggers. Sorry for misunderstanding i shall update the progress bar with a trigger bar.

BTW i put up a poll for everyone, it asks if you like the idea of one war and which is your favourate race. Please do not do more then two selections (one for if you like the idea and one for the race).

Update!

I have updated the progress picture and added a trigger bar.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
thanks for participating in the poll guys, so far it seems people like it =)
i shall do a massive overhaul today on updates, all units will be completely updated on this thread.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
It sounds relly nice but but
Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooo lost theres like 12 races listed and idk what THE F*** is going on its like a bomb just went off in mai head
reallly nice more like reallly good
REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY REALY GOOD

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Wtf with those spoilers. But I did open all of them and I got the mesage! (however, I did not read all those "really's) ;)

Ok, nice to see dedication. The thread is really nice and the information is organized neatly with simple sections. :thup:

What kind of cinematic do you need...?

Well, good luck!

P.S. You messed up your "[/edit]" at the end.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ok maybe i should of been a little more clear. There are 4 races, the Crusaders, the Dragonics, The Sages, and the Outcasts. These races are the core races of the story that play the important role in the game, they are also the only playable races. The Campaign races are side races that cannot be played but play an important role in the campaigns story. Just think of the Campaign races as the Naga of frozen throne, they are part of the story but not a playable race.

Thanks thewrongvine, i need cinematics for the campaign, even if you would not like to be a full cinematic person, you could just make a simple cinematic trailer that shows off the battles in action. Nothing too hard, just simple cinematics unless if you would like to get into campaign cinematics then it might be a bit more then just a simple pew pew camera change cinematic. Just to tell you im very dedicated with this project, this is actually the first ive been so excited and dedicated to, the story excites me and id like to show you how it plays out and i want to make the One War gameplay revolutionize on how map makers approach balance. It's just a really cool project to work on, the only thing that lets me down is the time, but all in all i have plenty of time, and all i need is some help and motivation and ill be good to go!

Update!

i updated the notices and wrote up about the races in case someone misunderstood.

Sorry for double post but:

Update!

All the skirmish races lore is written and up. Now you can get a more in depth idea of how and when the races were formed.

Also i updated all the Crusaders Names, ALOT were outdated, check it out.

Edit Update!

I Added 4 new Land units to the Outcasts.

Puppeteer
Infiltrator
Tamer
Swarmer

Go check em out.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
This looks like the map I've been waiting for(and been trying to do) for the last year. I'm going to rep you for just writing that thing!

Keep it on and tell me if you need any help.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Thanks for the rep :D

I do need help but not right at this moment, i see you like the dragonics =D (if it was you that last used the poll)

The best you can do to help me is really just comment and check this thread every now and then, that would help alot.

EDIT:
on second thought, if you happen to know a skinner/UI designer or if your one your self, i could really use a new UI for each race. That would make the races so different compared to the War3 ones, it'd feel like a different game.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I sure will check this now and then and give some comments. Unfortunately I suck at everything "artistic". I'll ask around but I dont think I got any friends that got enough time on they're hands.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Thanks and no problem, im not too bad myself and i could try something out.

It seems Dragonics are the favourate. That is really good because they are my second favourate race. And very VERY fun to play as.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well duh they are the favorite. DRAGONS! :D

Hmm... well, I've been very busy these days and it's hard to get WCIII available (cause I don't have it on this comp) so... maybe. :) Perhaps since its the weekend I might get some time to work on it.

I sent a PM to you.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Thank you so much, i sent you a pm.

Update!

I'm making a Mini Beta today which has 1 skirmish map. I'm releasing this earlier then i thought, so it may not be as good as id hoped, but it's early so im just putting it out for testing. It features the Dragonics, the Crusaders, and MAYBE the Sages.

Ok ive made the Mini Beta, i just got to protect it, ill post when finished.

Update!

Here it is! the One War Mini beta! it is protected and only has a very simple Crusaders AI. The terrain is not that great but that will be fixed later. Please tell me what you feel of it, if it's crap tell me it's crap i can handle it, if anything it's a good thing cos then i can improve on it. Give me a list of positives and negetives and thats it. Have fun!

EDIT: I deleted the link, it has the old version. Scroll down for latest version.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Hey, I sent you a PM.

Also, I don't have WCIII ready yet... but when I can, I shall look at it.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
So you're going to release over 100 maps at one time? More importantly, how long will this take? Seems like it would take like 1-2 years to complete...

kingbdogz

Reaction score
well yes, but i doubt it would take 1 year. if i get help from other people it could be alot less then 1 year. Plus im not going to release 100 maps at one time, the campaigns will be released separately.

Just remember when anyone plays it's gameplay > graphics and terrain. Alot of models will be changed, and i will be making alot of models for the units, but for now all these are place holders. And the terrain isn't finished yet, so just look out for gameplay and tell me what you think, if it's crap tell me it's crap. I need some feedback lol.

Oh BTW alot of models have the hero glow, forget about that it will be fixed in 0.02.

EDIT: One last thing, if anybody finds a unit useless tell me.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Sorry for double post.

Im posting 0.02 , 0.01 was completely stuffed up, it had units left over, the AI didn't work, the dragonics Tankier was reallly expensive so im making a new one.

Im just uploading it

http://rapidshare.com/files/155391792/One_War_Mini_Beta_Protected_0.02.w3x.html

there it is, 0.02. Fixes several problems i found out myself, hope no one dl the old one it had alot of bugs. Just click free user then it takes 20 seconds to start the download.

Btw a new cheat is Sages Rule

The Old ones were
Chicken Dung
KFC
Outcasts Rule

Have fun!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.