Campaign ~{-[One War]-}~ The War has only just begun.

What do you think of One War? What race do you like?

• It Is Pure AWESOME!!!

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • It's an awsome idea!

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I like it! keep up the good work!

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • It's meh, but it has potential

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • It's just bad.. god why did you make this.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Crusaders

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Dragonics

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Sages

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Outcasts

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
try this
A unit starts the efect of an ability
Ability equal to eggs
Reduce the gold of owner of triggering unit by 200(though I am not exactle sure that this is the actions part, it is somthing like that, search recourses, i have done it before)

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
No that wouldn't work because if i had 50 gold it would take 200 no matter what. So even though you have 50 gold it would still do the spell. So that won't work. BUT i could try a condition that checks if i have 200 or more gold, but i don't think theres a condition for it.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
k thanks ill try it when i get on my war3 comp. The trigger will be something like this.

JASS:
Female Dragon Egg Price Start
Events:
Unit begins the effect of a spell.
Conditions:
Spell being cast equal to Female Dragon Egg.
Action:
Turn on Female Dragon Egg Price Begin

JASS:
Female Dragon Egg Price Begin
Events:
0.00 seconds passes.
Condition:
Action:
Multiple action thingy:
Condition:
Player 1 has gold equal to 200 or more.
Then:
Take 200 gold from player 1.
Else:
Stop spell somehow.

It will be something like that.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
it is single player for now, but when i get all races up and running it will be multiplayer aswell, yes ill have to cut down on some models for multi.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Okey, I'm still offering any help if you need it, even though I'm working on my own project and might not have time all the time.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Thanks, my hands are kinda tied right now, the trigger will not work. Could you maybe try making the trigger?, Pretty much the Dragon Mother has the ability to lay eggs instantly, but i want a trigger that makes the ability require 200 gold, if it does not have more or equal to 200 gold, the ability will be halted and an error message will appear (i will do the error message i got EGUI which allows you to similate one.)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
wait nvm i think i got it, thanks for helping out though, btw EGUI is a mod type thing that adds extra events, actions, and conditions. It's quite useful, go on members projects its on the 1st page. Ok so ive nearly finished now, just gotta do some more cost triggers then some crusader things, then ill hand it to thewrongvine for terraining. This will look very good.

Siretu

Reaction score
Why do you even want to summon the eggs?
I got a good idea for egg triggers. I dont know if you'll bother doing it.
I was making the trigger for you, but I realized. You could just have 1 egg and several things to hatch from it. Like the dragon mother creates an egg. The egg can then train a draconic tankier for example. When it's trained the egg gets destroyed. The Egg should have no building time. You can then see how long time it's left before hatch, you can get more places in mother dragon(No need for 11 different eggs), and it can look good(Make sure to add some splash effect when the egg hatch.

All this took me to the conclusion that my trigger was unneccesary but I'll post it anyways if you still want it.

Code:
Egg
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Egg
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold) Greater than or equal to 200
            Then - Actions
                Player - Set (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold to (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold) - 200)
                Unit - Create 1 Egg for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
            Else - Actions
                Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Not enough money

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Wow that is a great idea! that is what i was going to do for the sages ( but with abilitys). Thanks ill be using this. Because the sages summon auras which have abilitys to insantly morph into a unit or building, sorry you had to do the trigger but it was useful anyway thanks.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Soon, ive just figured out all the triggers, the Crusaders ability's are done and everything is all good, just got to give it to thewrongvine to terrain then it will be posted, sorry for the slowdown lately ive been busy, had to go to alot of birthday party's lol.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
hmm thewrongvine has not posted a reply for the map, either he hasn't seen it yet or hes started and will reply when hes finished.

EDIT:

Well he hasn't replied yet, so im gonna release 0.03 without the terrain, 0.04 will come earlier this way and have the new terrain and Sages as a playable race. Ill edit this post when ive finished uploading.

EDIT: Ok it's all done and optimized, adds alot of bug fixes/balances and ability's. Here's what has been changed.

0.03 Bug/Balance Fixes:
-The loading screen had 0.01, when it was supposed to be 0.02, this has been fixed.
-The Sages and Outcasts were playable and not finished, if you play as them you now lose the game.
-The Dragonics Tankier hatching time has been fixed to a more appropriate wait. Previously in 0.01 it's time was very long because it used to be a super unit, this is not the case anymore.
-The Crusaders ability's were not finished in 0.02 but still said they had them in the tooltip, the abilitys are now implemented.
-The Assassin previously was very Over Powered because i had little time to make 0.01, this has now been fixed and has very low hp but fast regen. Also, it is not spawned as a squadron anymore, it is trained as one unit and is limited to only 1 unit. Price has been reduced.
-Building and unit sizes have been fixed.
-The Dragonic Eggs or should i say building method has been redone and now instead of "Building" eggs you deploy them with ability's.
-Dragonic egg hatch timer added, now you will be able to see how long until an egg hatches.
-Dragonic egg spawning rate fixed, now you have a cool down after you have spawned an egg, this encourages Dragonic players to make more Dragon Mothers and Female Dragons.
-Crusaders tool tips have been fixed, a few were missing.

NOTICE:
All of the Crusaders buildings and units models are placeholders, when i have time you can go to this thread and it will show the concepts for the upcoming models. These models will be made in time if i find a person willing to make them. This is the same for some Dragonic models.

NOTE: Even though in the loading menu it says terrain made by thewrongvine IT IS NOT MADE BY HIM, he was going to but he has not replied yet so i released this early with the terrain i made.

One War Mini Beta 0.03 Optimized:
http://rapidshare.com/files/158265603/One_War_Mini_Beta_0.03_Optimized3.w3x.html

Siretu

Reaction score
Downloading now, will edit with feedback soon.

Edit:

This is going to be some negative ones, but don't get discouraged. I've had a bad day, and it has only just begun >.<
First of all I thought I played the wrong version. Then I saw I was on the loading screen :p The crusaders was exactly as I remembered them. I noticed the redeploy ability which was kinda neat. Lots of the bug fixes isn't fixed. Assassins still come in pairs of 3. Engineer still needs war mill to build those catapults. Paladins got no holy spells. Nighthawk did have the charge and it looked pretty good, however it had the battle roar buff and the buff was longer than the charge. The charge spell is not MUI, I could charge on one nighthawk and then charge on another one and the first one got permanent charge.

Rangers got the mount hippogryph ability(I dont think that's intended), Steal technology is bugged as HELL. I used it on blue's shipyard. It dissappeared... It came back later, I dont know why. I also used steal technology on the mother dragon, causing it to well. I dont know what happend. The mother dragon started spawning eggs that I controlled resulting in me getting around 60-80 dragons of various types(male, female, workers, bladers) Causing me to own the mother dragon and her workers totally.

Don't get discouraged, doing a new race is a pain. It takes time. You've done a great job and I know it's easy to forget some bugs. I still like this project and i'm waiting for 0.04.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, i forgot about the paladin sorry about that, yes the charge is not MUI i kinda rushed it (plus im not a very good with making MUI triggers). I didn't even notice the Hippogryph ability, sorry about that cos the unit was based on the archer from Night Elfs. The Steal technology is VERY rigged, i had fixed it when it used the ability on sages, but i forgot to fix the rest of the races. ALL of this will be fixed on 0.04 for sure. Tell me what you think of Dragonics.

EDIT: WOW i just tryed the steal technology on a foundation and the enemys dragon mother just went fucken crazy? i have no idea what is causing this, it starts created eggs then when the eggs hatch they are myne! Which doesn't even make sense because the egg ability triggers are MUI. Wow this is weird lol.

Siretu

Reaction score
Ah, I didn't understand the Draconics were playable too. Will check them out.

When doing the eggs you create a dummy, it's selectable. You also create small mutated hatchlings sometimes(dont know how I got them) If they're not dummy units they should be a little bigger. Tankier got an ability that looks like a dagger, the ability got no tooltip even though I guess it's paralyze.

Also when the male dragons lifts of and flies(the ability is called storm crow form) It's named druid of the talon, it got faerie fire and the ability to land is called "Night elf form"

Making Charge MUI isn't that hard, it doesn't even need triggers. There's an item which increase speed to all friendly units around, use it as base, edit the speed increase, the duration, the buff and the aoe(It's not supposed to be aoe, or?)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
hmm the dummy being selectable is strange, i gave it locust. The Mutated Hatchlings are supposed to be spawned, the egg is spawned when a Female Dragon hatches, when that Female Dragon dies one of the Mutated Hatchlings die, so it makes you want to protect your Dragons a little more. Charge is not supposed to be aoe, but now that i think of it, it might be a good idea as a kind of support ability, ill keep that in mind.

EDIT:
Good News! Here's a new Website that you can check for updates, later it will show pictures, videos, and it even has a forum, so check it out.
http://www.freewebs.com/kingbdogz/index.htm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.