Operation Mayhold

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Ty ;P.

Update (Previous Link Works Too)

Weapon Selection part added, along with the Boat level, which has some "carvings" explaining the controls.

As for the Weapon Select controls:

• Select a category from the boxes (numbered 1-5 in a corner).
  • Now select a weapon from the box below these.
  • With the weapon selected, press E or click "USE", bottom-right corner of the box.
  • Once your weapons are equipped, press SPACE to enter the level.

You should note that you start with only 3 weapons, so those instructions are not important right now, it will be explained on the weapon selection screen later on your first time playing :).

You should also note that you can't die or win yet :D.

EDIT: Now uploading a version with a fixed gun (people know that the gun looks weird when it is pointed behind the player whilst facing to the right), it was tricky but I managed to adjust the weapon so that it always points the correct way :). I'm also testing the death function I've just added, run into a bunch of normal zombies (they spawn at the top of the left of the ship), let them kill you and see what happens :3.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You should not
You should note?

You can still pick 5 weapons. o_O

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
You should not
You should note?

Fixed.

You can still pick 5 weapons. o_O

I think I know how, you press equip after selecting the category (without choosing the weapon), leaving you with a weapon that you don't have.

There's also another glitch which I've just fixed, was about to upload but I'll fix the weapons first.

EDIT: Or you're picking a category with no weapons but it is displaying a weapon which you don't have, so you're able to equip it.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
>I'm also testing the death function I've just added,
After death you can still spin your weapon and zombies still spawn but they die instantly.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
>I'm also testing the death function I've just added,
After death you can still spin your weapon and zombies still spawn but they die instantly.

Yeah I know why that is, I'll fix it later, thank you :).

EDIT: Fixed now, but haven't uploaded it yet :3.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Upcoming Update

• Shark Zombie Added (1)
  • Sewers Added (2)
  • Weapons are Unlocked as you Progress
  • Dynamic Explosion Generating System Added (3)

(1) Shark Zombie

The Shark Zombie is the 4th zombie, known to veteran watchers on the project as 'Undead Zombie', the idea was that it crawled towards you constantly and blended with its surroundings until it attacked you, at which point you'd see it and either dodge it quickly or take massive damage.

The Shark Zombie works exactly as planned, but might need some balancing out to make it as hard to kill as the other zombies.

(2) The Sewers

The third location in the Campaign, Denfer decides to take a quicker route in to the Hospital, via the Sewers, your intentions are to clear out the stereotypical goldmine of zombies (and possibly survivors).

(3) The Dynamic Explosion Generating System

So I wrote a little script which will create a particle-driven explosion of any size in any position of any level, which I can assure you I will make excellent use of ;).

---

The update has not been uploaded yet, nor will it be too soon, I'll probably have the update available within the next day or so.

In the meantime, you can expect screenshots and (maybe) videos to hit your interweb.

Enjoy!

EDIT: SCREENSHOTS AVAILABLE:

Here we have the sewers, and our first shot of the Shark Zombie:

sewers0001ly5.png

And here we have a perfectly safe and tidy road:

explosiontest0004wj2.png

Unfortunately...

explosiontest0003ts0.png

explosiontest0001kn0.png

explosiontest0002qm8.png

Such a waste... :rolleyes:

EDIT2: Youtube Video - Explosions, Sewers and Sharks

[YOUTUBE]41z4PKuYk4U[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41z4PKuYk4U

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The explosions look really cool.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I was going to wait to comment until a released version popped up, but the video was nice.
Would like to see more on the sharks though.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I think he means there was not enough shark zombies.

Ah I see ;P.

I think I showed enough (Obviously I didn't go into as much detail about them as I could have), but you'll be able to see what they're capable of fairly soon.

Infact, I'll try and have the update on the site within a few hours (I'll post to let you know).

---

EDIT: The Update that some have been waiting for...

Latest Version

To Do:

~ Fix Overskill Meter

See the bar which keeps looping? It's currently broken but I tested it in the earlier weapon testing level, basically, when you get a certain amount of kills/headshots, a spree of all different kinds of zombies will spawn.

~ Tidy up the menu.

You will notice an incredibly bland/messy/crappy menu, which looks similar to how it always has, I plan to make it look nicer at some point.

~ Add Anti-Zombie Triggers to the current 3 levels.

You may remember the Trigger Gun, you currently have no use for it :).

~ Add Milestone Events for levels 1 and 2.

This was a last minute thing I added yesterday, using the PDEG I created an explosion set to occur roughly at the time of the Shark Zombie's spawn enable time (which is 3 minutes in to the level), the milestone events are basically some kind of explosion or wreckage which cause the final Zombies to start spawning, you'll notice this happen in level 3.

I also need to add a screen shaking script for the explosions.

~ Properly adjust and decide on which weapons are unlocked at what stage.

You get to try out some different weapons in this update, you start out with 2 guns (1 useless) and a choice of either a pipe or an axe, but as you level up you'll find more weapons for use, I need to decide on which ones are unlocked at what stage, so that you don't end up with a giant lazer cannon on level 2.

~ More Details to the Current Levels and More Levels

Some may know that Level 4 will be set in a Hospital, from there it will go in to the streets, right now I have Unit 1's Boat, a Barricaded Radio Station, and a Sewer.

Also, you'll notice that the Sewer is the only level with any true detail (and even then, it's not alot), so I must add on to that and continue to work on the other levels.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I'm sure some people were actually waiting for the game before commenting on the video, so what's the excuse now? :p

(Bump)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.