Operation Mayhold

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I like it :)

A couple things I'd change though:
Possibly no walking animation while jumping
Make the jump higher
I got a bug where I can't select any different weapons before the level. I cannot see any besides the standard ones and the Axe and the Pole. The others just blink for a millisecond and then dissappear. They are there because my cursor changes but I can't select them. This might be hard to reproduce.

Sintoras

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
omg Jindo you be are? Be are you JinTopazGames? Mutated Wombat creator of? :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

duyen

Reaction score
Ah I see ;P.

I think I showed enough (Obviously I didn't go into as much detail about them as I could have), but you'll be able to see what they're capable of fairly soon.

Infact, I'll try and have the update on the site within a few hours (I'll post to let you know).

---

EDIT: The Update that some have been waiting for...

Latest Version

To Do:

~ Fix Overskill Meter

See the bar which keeps looping? It's currently broken but I tested it in the earlier weapon testing level, basically, when you get a certain amount of kills/headshots, a spree of all different kinds of zombies will spawn.

~ Tidy up the menu.

You will notice an incredibly bland/messy/crappy menu, which looks similar to how it always has, I plan to make it look nicer at some point.

~ Add Anti-Zombie Triggers to the current 3 levels.

You may remember the Trigger Gun, you currently have no use for it :).

~ Add Milestone Events for levels 1 and 2.

This was a last minute thing I added yesterday, using the PDEG I created an explosion set to occur roughly at the time of the Shark Zombie's spawn enable time (which is 3 minutes in to the level), the milestone events are basically some kind of explosion or wreckage which cause the final Zombies to start spawning, you'll notice this happen in level 3.

I also need to add a screen shaking script for the explosions.

~ Properly adjust and decide on which weapons are unlocked at what stage.

You get to try out some different weapons in this update, you start out with 2 guns (1 useless) and a choice of either a pipe or an axe, but as you level up you'll find more weapons for use, I need to decide on which ones are unlocked at what stage, so that you don't end up with a giant lazer cannon on level 2.

~ More Details to the Current Levels and More Levels

Some may know that Level 4 will be set in a Hospital, from there it will go in to the streets, right now I have Unit 1's Boat, a Barricaded Radio Station, and a Sewer.

Also, you'll notice that the Sewer is the only level with any true detail (and even then, it's not alot), so I must add on to that and continue to work on the other levels.

For the screen shake, perhaps this would help?

I dunno much about flash though. :(

[del]Oh, and I found a bug. In the weapon selection menu when you hover over the weapons that would be there, but are not since you haven't unlocked them the cursor still changes.[/del] Already found.

I would like to point out that "S" does nothing, contrary to the beginning level...

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I like it :)

Thanks for testing!

A couple things I'd change though:
Possibly no walking animation while jumping
Make the jump higher

The walk motion while jumping is a glitch that I intend to fix, however the jump height is fine, thanks!

I got a bug where I can't select any different weapons before the level. I cannot see any besides the standard ones and the Axe and the Pole. The others just blink for a millisecond and then dissappear. They are there because my cursor changes but I can't select them. This might be hard to reproduce.

Interesting, I'll look into that when I can, thanks!

omg Jindo you be are? Be are you JinTopazGames? Mutated Wombat creator of? :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Yes, I am ;O.

For the screen shake...

I know how I will do the screen shake, I just haven't added it yet, but thanks :).

I would like to point out that "S" does nothing, contrary to the beginning level...

S is not supposed to do anything.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I know it doesn't do anything, so why do you say it does on level 1?

'WASD' is the name that games generally give to the WASD keys for movement controls, I thought people could figure that out.

You wouldn't complain about the Down key doing nothing if I said 'use the arrow keys to move' would you?

duyen

Reaction score
'WASD' is the name that games generally give to the WASD keys for movement controls, I thought people could figure that out.

You wouldn't complain about the Down key doing nothing if I said 'use the arrow keys to move' would you?

No, because arrow keys is a term for any or all of the keys, not nesscarily including the down key, the up key, etc.

However, if you put: "WASD Movement" I would be happy. :)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if it's been reported already, but I threw the Severed Arm and it flew off screen and then the screen turned all white... Then I died :thdown:

BTW - This thread has also been added to The Helper Flash Game Index in the Topaz Section

updated.gif
Operation Mayhold

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I don't know if it's been reported already, but I threw the Severed Arm and it flew off screen and then the screen turned all white... Then I died :thdown:

There are some known Severed Arm glitches, but I found a solution for them which I forgot to implement outside the Weapon Test level, will fix it in the next update :).

BTW - This thread has also been added to The Helper Flash Game Index in the Topaz Section

Thanks ;)!

No, because arrow keys is a term for any or all of the keys, not nesscarily including the down key, the up key, etc.

Umm... Exactly? Arrow Keys = Any/All of the arrow keys, WASD Keys = Any/All of the WASD keys, why is that so hard to understand?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
To have some sort of use for the down or s key.
There really is no point, but jumping and ducking is fun.
:D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Macho Zombie

After alot of heavy L4D playing, I felt compelled to remake the Tank in to the this game, it will be available in a special game-mode (where you fight hundreds of only this zombie).

So far, the Macho Zombie chases you at a slightly-slower-than-you speed, it is able to hit you for massive damage, or throw concrete at you for even more massive damage.

Concrete will always reduce your health by approximately 80% (subject to change), it cannot kill you but it can leave you incredibly vulnerable.

So, here is a picture of the L4D tank:

info-boss-tank.jpg

I'll get some form of screenshots or previews up of the Macho within the next 2 weeks ;P.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Not sure if people said this before but the aimer doesn't go where your mouse is... which is annoying. The aimer goes like slightly over your mouse so you have to aim lower to aim where you want to.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.