Operation Stellar Shrine

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
The chapters for the intro aren't that good, I only take any pride in numbers #8 through #19.

Action takes place before the events of the game. A Confederate officer Boris Paskirov and his friends are tasked by the Umojans to embark on an expedition to find the truth about a mysterious alien artifact they found.

Intro

Chapter 1: Heeding the Call
Chapter 2: Captured
Chapter 3: Bonds of Loyalty
Chapter 4: Proper Manipulation
Chapter 5: Friends in Need
Chapter 6: Old Grounds
Chapter 7: Surge

Part 1
Chapter 8: Reception
Chapter 9: Command
Chapter 10: Control
Chapter 11: Communication
Chapter 12: Backyard
Chapter 13: Beneath The Storm
Chapter 14: The Surreptitious and the Servile

Part 2
Chapter 15: Paradigm Shift
Chapter 16: Wings of Gold
Chapter 17: Hearts of Iron
Chapter 18: Wings of Steel
Chapter 19: The Guardian
Epilogue

Soo, I have a fanfic. Inspired by the coming of StarCraft 2, I thought of a story during the summer and recently I started writing it.

It's called "Operation Stellar Shrine" and it is about three deserters from the Confederacy, who go to work for Umoja and are sent into space to find more about a Xel'Naga artifact. The setting takes place before the events of StarCraft1, and I have tried to make it as canon as I could - for order's sake.
I've decided to keep it on my blog, so as to be able to edit it easily.
Enjoy.

OSS: Notes and Credits

P.s. I can't seem to find the way to remove the [WorkInProgress] tag. Ehm.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Wow, congrats on this achievement. How many words did you write?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
What are you doing posting this one a website?! Get this published.

Ioannes

Reaction score
What are you doing posting this one a website?! Get this published.

Lol, I can't.

The franchise is copyrighted by Blizzard, it would be illegal to make money for myself independently. Furthermore, I wrote it to make a point about the virtues of science, not profit.
And I'm not sure that if I submit it as fan art to them would help readers get the point.

On second thought...

Yea, there will always be you guys from the forum who will know that OSS was born as a free piece of writing in a free internet :)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
The franchise is copyrighted by Blizzard, it would be illegal to make money for myself independently. Furthermore, I wrote it to make a point about the virtues of science, not profit.

Fanfiction does well in the market. You'll make some money through this publication. But the real reason you should get a book published is because not a lot of people read Internet books written by strangers. If you publish a book, you're guaranteed readers.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Awesome fan fic. Just as i expected. You should contact blizzard for a deal. :p

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Yeah, there are plenty of published fanfictions out there. Blizzard even sells them on their site. You can get it published, you'll just have to pay Blizzard a certain percentage of sales for royalties and get their permission.

I mean, if I ever managed to finish an entire book, I would do all I could to get it published.

Ioannes

Reaction score
Yeah, there are plenty of published fanfictions out there. Blizzard even sells them on their site. You can get it published, you'll just have to pay Blizzard a certain percentage of sales for royalties and get their permission.

I mean, if I ever managed to finish an entire book, I would do all I could to get it published.

Do elucidate, because Google yields nothing. :confused:

The closest thing to that I can find is that 3k-10k word story contest from one year ago, Gadgetzan submissions (which are not only WarCraft-based but also royalty-free) and StarCraft 2 forums looking for fanfiction.

K, probably they give some money, but they are not affiliated to Blizz directly.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=c:4

Somewhere deep down I feel like these can't all be commissions. I guess since they are considered canon, maybe it isn't fanfiction. But as long as you didn't screw around with history, Blizzard might agree to publish it. I mean, it's a long shot, most writers have to write several books before ever getting anything published, but it's possible.

Ioannes

Reaction score
http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=c:4

Somewhere deep down I feel like these can't all be commissions. I guess since they are considered canon, maybe it isn't fanfiction. But as long as you didn't screw around with history, Blizzard might agree to publish it. I mean, it's a long shot, most writers have to write several books before ever getting anything published, but it's possible.

2nd drafts of all this to come up soon then :)

I'm taking it down for 2-3 months.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.