Opinion on the bag of holding

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Ive asked maybe 10 people and searched for maybe an hour on reviews and general opinions on this messenger bag, mainly because if im buying something to be my dedicated backpack i dont want it to be complete and utter crap because I want it to last for a good few years. Currently im look at this Bag of holding and i plan to get it whenever it goes out of backorder.

Main padded laptop compartment big enough to hold a 17" laptop
Interior pocket dimensions:
Main Padded Laptop Compartment: 16" x 13.5" x 3"
Huge second compartment: 16" x 13.5" x 3"
Third compartment: 13" x 10" x 1"
Fourth velcro compartment: 12" x 7" x 1"
Front zipper pocket: 13" x 5"
Rear Document pocket: 16" x 10"
Sturdy canvas, brass zippers and pop-rivet construction

It can hold books and a laptop which is what im looking for also since my main gaming/work/everything computer is a laptop. But i havnt been able to find someone who has one or knows someone who has one. And if you can suggest a similar messenger please do.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
All I've got is a "Slayer" messenger bag with a single large compartment and a smaller front one, but suffice to say it won't hold anywhere near the volume that one will. It's fine for my notebooks and stuff, but that's about it.

The one you posted though sounds like it would be great as an alternative backpack; one thing you might want to consider though is the weight you'd be putting in it. When you only have a small messenger bag like mine, you don't tend to cram it too full, but I had an older one which could fit quite a lot in, so I ended up filling it right out (until it split one day). Point is, all that weight on one shoulder, being carried for extended periods wasn't good for it, and I think I pulled a muscle more than once. Backpacks are much better if you are carrying a lot of weight.

Just something to think about.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
Its less about the weight and more about the size of things, i carry binders around that take up a bunch of room and i cant fit them all in a regular backpack

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its less about the weight and more about the size of things, i carry binders around that take up a bunch of room and i cant fit them all in a regular backpack

If that's the case, I would have thought that bag would be the thing for you. That's a lot of storage in one bag.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I know a friend with the bag of holding. It held like EVERYTHING he ever needed. It was also pretty durable, I'd reccomend it.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
if im buying something to be my dedicated backpack i dont want it to be complete and utter crap because I want it to last for a good few years..
Um, Maybe you should go shopping on a real Shopping center. lol
Well, If you want to have a good bag that you want it.
Anyway, what I have heard, the bag have some kind of zipper problems.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
i saw the bags at a real shopping center, they were complete utter crap ^_^

I also heard about the zipper issues, but it seems that only a few people have had that problem and it looked like it was from extreme weight being put into the bag

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
I just bought it, i should be getting it on monday or tuesday, ill tell you how it goes and if it can actually hold all of my binders

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Holy Shi-
I should get one of that.

I always bring a lot of stuff with me (including a toothbrush, toothpaste, two tweezers, nail clippers, laptop, mouse, NDS, chargers, some body butter that my friend asked me to keep for her, etc.) and I've had to (unfortunately) leave some items at home because my bag can't fit it all in =/

That bag doesn't seem like it can keep all the stuff the user-submitted photos showed, though.
Looking forward to your opinion, heh.

camelCase

Reaction score
Hahaha.
There are times where I feel like my mouth is too.. sugary; that horrible feeling of *something* stuck all over you teeth, ugh.
So I brush my teeth outside when I get that xD

Tweezers are useful at times; so are nail clippers and this weird metal toothpick thing that I have.
The laptop and NDS are, you know, tech stuff; I need it to live =/

Body butter..
Eh..
Let's just say she left it at my house and I'm bringing it with me in case I meet her.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wait are you a girl? That'd make everything more understandable. :p

camelCase

Reaction score
I'm a guy.
And straight, hahahahahahahahahaha.
(Reverse Trap?)

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
I got it last night and im going to use it today and see how much stuff i can stick it in it, ill be measuring the width of things to give an idea of the books it can hold, atm everything goes in binding down and im using the main compartment, it holds of those case-it binders pretty well and can hold 3 2" wide books a 1" book a 3" book and 2 assignment pads, the straps are actually pretty long, if i sling it across the opposite shoulder itll go down to past my waist, me being 5' 11"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.