Orb of Darkness Hero Ability

MijoGames

Reaction score
I want to turn the Orb of Darkness item into a hero ability, similar to the phantom lancer from DotA. I copied and reskinned the Black Arrow attack bonus, then I created different levels of the orb of darkness ability and inserted those into the different levels of the reskinned BA effect ability, and created new versions of the buffs (dark minion, black arrow). But once my hero learns this skill he no longer throws his attack. He targets the enemy, plays the animations, etc. but his glaives do not come out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to create a dummy unit or something?

feelingparty

Reaction score
I would suggest triggering the ability. From my experience item abilities don't always work with units.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm... The Orb skills will change the projectile of the hero with the ability. I think it is the "Missile Art" field. Change it to the same projectile your hero should have.

MijoGames

Reaction score
Yeah, I changed the missile art fields to match, but it still doesn't work.

What is the best way to set up the trigger. Do I use a dummy ability and handle all of it through trigger editor, or should I assign a particular ability and then manipulate it through the editor?

feelingparty

Reaction score
Try this:
•create an ability based on evasion with 0% evasion chance​
•create a variable called "TempPoint" of type Point​
•paste this trigger​
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Evasion for (Killing unit)) Not equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Skeleton Warrior for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

Hope it helps :)

MijoGames

Reaction score
Here is what I ended up doing and it works perfectly. Create an integer variable Switch_Count to limit the number of spawns, in this case, Switches. My dummy ability is Switch Maker

Screen shot 2010-08-18 at 3.38.47 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-08-18 at 3.39.09 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-08-18 at 3.39.35 PM.png

Thanks for the help

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
:thup:

You can remove the

"If level etc equal to 0"
Do nothing

That will just take up trigger space, and if the level of the skill is not 1 or more, nothing will happen anyways ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.