Order of creation triggers

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It seems that when you save the map, the order of triggers in the trigger editor is kept, not like the wc3 editor.
I mean if you create 4 trigger with the event "map initialization" , the first created trigger will be the most on the top, and the last the most on the bottom.
And if you change the order of trigger it will also change the order creation, which wasn't the case with the wc3editor.

That's not the information of the year and you would easily figure out yourself, but since it wasn't already said i felt to say it :p

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Yeah I figured that out the hard way when my triggers were not working correctly. Kinda bothersome in a way but I guess blizzard is just trying to help out by making them run in the order they are made. You would naturally make a trigger that way but for most map makers that doesn't happen cause we make our maps piece by piece, not systematically.

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
When Blizzard will allow us to easily ( :pray: ) convert a trigger in plain galaxy it will be very handy.

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Why do you need it to be transferred to plain text when you can edit it in the parser still and not have to destroy the GUI. I think its one of the very best additions to the Editor. Edit in Galaxy without destroying your GUI triggers.

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Why do you need it to be transferred to plain text when you can edit it in the parser still and not have to destroy the GUI. I think its one of the very best additions to the Editor. Edit in Galaxy without destroying your GUI triggers.
I don't use GUI, hence the reason.
When you want to use only galaxy it's a pain in the ass.

Anyway even if they don't add this feature i will directly write inside the map script i guess ...

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Someone told me that is trickier for the wc3 trigger.
And he is right, in fact you have to close the editor, reopen ,re-save the map and the trigger creation order will be applied depends the relative trigger order.
So you could use this fact to make a kind of newbie "protection" :D

Hopefully it's not needed anymore for the sc2 editor. :thup:

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Hmm, not sure what you mean. Have you discovered something that I did not until now? The only way to see galaxy script in the editor is by clicking on "map script" in the editor options. But this is read-only.

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Honestly i think he is just a GUI user, with maybe sometimes use some custom scripts, and he is talking about the "custom script" thing in trigger actions, so he can't realise why us, who care about galaxy and not GUI, are screwed.
Wait & see, i would be happy if i'm wrong and he has a neat solution though.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Well, there's always this little workaround by using the custom script to close the actionfunc and then writing your own in custom script.
But that looks crappy as the GUI stub is still there in the upper window.

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Exactly.
Since you have a beta key couldn't you post the request in the official blizzard website ?
http://forums.battle.net/board.html?forumId=26951354&sid=5010
The link is for EU, but i hope Blizzard care enough, and you don't have to post it in the US forum.
Or you could just post to the US forum ...
http://forums.battle.net/board.html?sid=5000&forumId=26794999

We are not alone, for example here :
http://forums.sc2mapster.com/genera...k/684-what-about-direct-galaxy-code-input/#p9

But it can't be a bad thing to ask it officially.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.