System OrderCast

RaiJin

Reaction score
Hey, this stuff works.

Also had to uh... remove the cooldown. :D

But yeah, removing the movement thing seems to help. Nice find. Will use. :)

lol well yeah it works :D

and ill be updating this today or tmr D: been busy with my map anyhow, when you mean users are able to define the strings to the Ability ID how can i implement this.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I guess someoen should make some "How to use dummy casters" tutorial lols..

I dont wanna do it, since it should probably be GUI for all those beginners and I dont like GUI.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
define the strings to the Ability ID how can i implement this.
Hash the ability ids and use collision detection of some description. I do it in GTrigger.

Actually, I'm completely aware that no one does this in their right mind except me. It's not easy, just awesome.

>should make some "How to use dummy casters" tutorial
Romek, much?

Maybe even I'll do this one day... All you need to cover is very briefly how to make the dummy unit insta-cast, basically.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Romek, much?
Maybe one day.
I'm working on a different tutorial at the moment, which'll probably be followed by vJass II.
Maybe I could do that before vJass II... :rolleyes:

RaiJin

Reaction score
Hash the ability ids and use collision detection of some description. I do it in GTrigger.

Actually, I'm completely aware that no one does this in their right mind except me. It's not easy, just awesome.

>should make some "How to use dummy casters" tutorial
Romek, much?

Maybe even I'll do this one day... All you need to cover is very briefly how to make the dummy unit insta-cast, basically.

lol i have no idea how to do that xD

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
You could learn by reading my code!

Actually, you probably couldn't.

Take the abil id, then say hash = abil-(abil/8191)*8191 (all ints), then read from an some abil id array, check that abilid[hash]==0 or abilid[hash]==abilid, if it passes then say set abilid[hash]=abilid and orderid[hash]=orderid. If it doesn't pass, add a constant and repeat the process from the check.

Alternatively, since this is like the second time in a week someone has needed this (I think), I've written the thing for you as a resource.

Just copy that in, make it private, should work... Haven't tested yet though. <_<

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Hey, good work with using the hashing and such, looks good. One thing.
JASS:
private          string  array CAST_IDS

Make it an integer array and store OrderId(s), and cast by Id...

See, you have an advantage here which is neat. Ids are faster (so I hear) but users shouldn't have to remember the ids, and you don't want to convert them every time you call an issue order... But this way with the hashing you can have your cake and eat it too - a string interface for the users, which then stores the Id and simply uses the order id for issuing the actual orders.

But good work so far. :thup:

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Beautiful.

Hmm. Any reason you check "if CAST_IDS[Hash(abilicode)] == 0 then" in Register String? (Can't say I like that name a heap, I'd probably have done RegisterOrder takes integer abilicode, string order... but don't bother changing it unless someone else says so or you feel like it.)

thanks jesus +rep
By the way, you need to actually click on the rep thing to give rep... XD :p

RaiJin

Reaction score
it said i had to spread :( sucks i know ill rep when i can

oh that ill change that in a sec

RaiJin

Reaction score
~~Version 1.20 is out 11 new functions
~~Now able to register 1 dummy to a skill(Make sure the Dummy skill is instant),

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.