US News Oregon Teen Calls Police for Help with ‘Massive’ Spider

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
When an Oregon teen in a wheelchair was faced with a “massive” venomous spider and no one was home to come to her rescue, she felt she had no choice but to call the cops.

Makenna Sewell, 17, of Forest Grove, Ore., was going to get a glass of water when she spotted a large spider on the back of the living room couch, according to her mother, Shawnda Sewell. She then froze and stared at it for several minutes.

“We do live outside of town so we do see spiders all the time,” Sewell said. “[But] it was in fact the largest spider I had ever seen alive.”

Makenna has muscular dystrophy and is wheelchair-bound. On Aug. 16, Shawnda Sewell said her daughter was home alone when she saw what is believed to be a brown recluse spider, which has a venomous bite. The creature was about three inches across, she said.

Read more.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
At least she knew how ridiculous it sounds to call the police for something like this when she did it. She got bitten a couple days before by a spider and had to go to the emergency room, and after trying to call both parents, their friends, her friends and her neighbors, she called the last people she could think of to help. Can't give her shit for that.

Musta been a funny call to get, though.

Solu9

Reaction score
Agreed.
Funny story, and cool that the police didn't give her a hard time about the call.

Though. They get a call for a spider incident and sends four (4) police men.
Kinda overkill.

KMilz

Reaction score
Haha, that's how they do. I don't think I've ever been pulled over in town and only had one cop show up.

Solu9

Reaction score
Oh...
Well I guess they have to be prepared for anything.
You know, the spider could have had a gun. Bought from the local gun shop.

KMilz

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to hear an argument like that coming from 'em.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score

KMilz

Reaction score
I was wondering if a fear of anarchy was really called anarchophobia or not...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.