Our video drama in Human 101

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post my video I made. Well, its our drama presentation in Human 101, the video uses my native language (visaya). The video doesn't make sense, because you can't understand visaya, and the story sucked: It was just a group of friends teasing one of their weird friend (the big guy), and he ends up killing everyone who he remembered teasing him. I just want you to criticize plotting, video effects, sound effects and overall picture of the video. I hope we get high grades for this piece.

Sorry for the low quality video camera (with mono audio, I just converted it to stereo in adobe audition.).

Last edited by a moderator:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I'll just say whatever pops to mind, :)

Opening titles and animations look great. High quality.
Then the actual video gets a bit lower quality, and that's not something to judge about, but it's weird watching it go from HQ of the titles to the LQ of the camera, :p But that's no problem, no grading based on quality, ha.

When you're shooting, unless it's an effect on purpose, try not to point the camera towards the sun/light. A lot of your shots had too much light so you can't see much.

Video editing was great.

Audio could clear up a bit.

Didn't understand language, so I won't say anything about the acting, and I can't say anything about the plot being developed through the video (though kid having revenge on bullies isn't too original, in fact, watch this Indie movie called "The Final" from 2010, it's about the "rejects" in high school taking revenge on all the "cool kids", it's violent and involves torture tho), heh. Though you should've actually showed it when he killed the people :D Blood effects ftw.

So, from what you had, I think you guys did a great job. I didn't understand a word they were saying, so just from the visuals, it was nice.

What's Human 101 class?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I didn't showed the killing on purpose, because we lack materials, time (1 week including brainstorming) and place for taping, the actual script I made was not used and reconstructed because of these problems, we also maintained the duration of the drama, we only have 5 minutes minimum and 15 minutes maximum.

well, killing is bizarre, not so realistic at all.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Humanities 101?? I remember filming a horror movie 2 years ago.. I edited the movie though I totally suck that time.. It was my first time..

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It's very nicely done for the technology you had available. The editing was great. Maybe you should consider going into directing or special effects or somethin.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
thanks

I have lots of ambitions in life that even I don't know on what path to go? :p

the dialogue isn't that great, we don't have a script for the dialogue, and yeah, its pretty straight, the action says it all (not too clear though).

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Add subs :) I can't understand BISAYA XD

How did you do the intro?? What software? Adobe or Vegas?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Im bad at english :p no subs for now.

Adobe After Effects cs3:
-Video Effects
-Change in tint
-Intro Background
-Main title (PIDO) with transition
-Ghost fade in Juan part
-Face Reveal in Jan-Jan part

Adobe Premiere Pro cs3:
-Change in tint
-Transitions
-Titles
-Sound effect sync
-Video Compositing

Adobe Audition 1.5:
-Convert mono to stereo
-Echo effect in the flash back part

Adobe Photoshop cs4:
-Edited angry face that revealed in Jan-Jan part

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.